An Arranged Marriage?!

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

"Yoon Ji yah, my precious daugther, I have something important to tell you."

"What is it, abeoji?"

I just got dismissed from school when my father told me that he was going to tell me something important. I usually go home after school, but my driver dropped me off at father's office today. I remember the exact words that my driver said.

"Ms. Lee, your father ordered me to drop you off at his office. He has something important to tell you."

What is father going to tell me? Is it that important and urgent? Why can't he just tell me when he comes home at night? Well, I figured out that it's probably really really important.

"You know that you are my only daughter, right?"

"Yes, abeoji. What's that important thing that you're going to say?"

Before he spoke, he took a drink from his tea cup first. I was getting impatient. He made me go all the way to his office just to make me look at him drink tea or something?

"Yoon Ji, would you like some tea? I'll ask my secretary to-..."

I finally got really impatient.

"Abeoji! I don't need some tea! What are you going to tell me?"

He put his tea cup down and finally spoke. "I've decided to arrange a marriage for you."

That sentence echoed in my mind. I thought it was ridiculous and my father would never think about that. But I remembered that my family IS running a huge business, and what he just said is possible. I still don't believe him, though.

"Hahaha! Abeoji~... You're joking, right? I'm too young! I'm only 17!"

"I am not. And you are going to marry President Ahn's grandson, Ahn Daniel."

"WHAT?! I still don't believe you."

I just couldn't believe my father. Why would I want to believe him? And I have reasons why I don't believe him. First, he knows that I'm too young. I just turned 17 a month ago! Second, my father and I are best buddies, so I know that he jokes a lot and teases me a lot. And third, I don't believe people that fast. I also don't want to believe him because he said that I'm going to "marry" that jerk, Niel a.k.a "Ahn Daniel".

I happen to know Niel for a long time, but we're not friends or anything like that. Not a chance. Niel has been my schoolmate ever since I started middle school. I swear, he's not a normal guy. He's arrogant, annoying, and just really horrible. Almost all the girls like him, but I don't. What do they even see in him? He's not even cute. Not at all. But I admit, his friends are really good looking, especially No Min Woo. This situation would be better if I was going to marry one of his friends instead of him. 

After I told my father that I don't believe him, he explained President Ahn's condition to me. President Ahn was a nice old man. He used to give me candies and presents when I was little. I don't even know where Niel got his bad attitude from. Because President Ahn was really nice to me, I felt really bad for him. He can't even get off his bed because he's really sick. Father also told me that President Ahn's condition could get worse anytime and he may or may not recover from his illness. So I felt really bad. Even so, I still don't want to marry Niel. I still don't. No one's going to make me marry that jerk. 

 

NIEL'S POV

"Harabeoji! Are you alright?!" I exclaimed as I entered my grandfather's bedroom.

My grandmother contacted me at the moment I got dismissed from school.

"Yes, I'm alright, grandson."

I held my grandfather's hand. I knew his illness was bad, but it got worse today.

Suddenly, my grandmother patted my back. "Niel, your grandfather has something important to tell you."

I was curious of what he was going to tell me. I couldn't guess what grandfather was going to say.

He coughed and then spoke. "Grandson... You do know that my condition is really bad, right?"

"Yes, harabeoji."

"Well... I know this is going to be hard for you but-"

I know it was rude to in when someone's trying to speak, but I couldn't help it. "I'm going to take over the company?! Harabeoji! I'm still 17, remember?!"

Grandfather slapped my hand and grandmother just laughed.

"No. Just let me finish." 

Now I was getting nervous. If it's not about taking over the company, then what is it?

"Grandson, I know it's going to be hard for you, but I have arranged a marriage for you."

"Well, okay, harabeoji. If you say so." I just laughed. I'm too young. My grandfather is really smart, so I don't think he'd really make me marry some woman.

"I'm serious. Do you remember Ms. Lee? That beautiful young lady who is the daughter of President Lee?"

Oh, yes. I remember her. I see Yoon Ji, or should I say "Ms. Lee", every single day at school for the last 4 years. What does grandfather mean by "beautiful young lady"? I guess he wasn't wearing his glasses the last time she saw her. I don't like Yoon Ji at all. She's trying to be "pretty" at all times. And it's like she's pretending to be shy, humble, and sweet or something. Well, I don't have any proof if she IS like that, but that's what I think. There's just something that makes me hate her. I don't know what it is.

"Yeah, I remember her, and I actually know her, harabeoji. But why her of all people?!"

"She is the only daughter of President Lee. I've been talking about this decision with President Lee for a long time just in case I get very sick, and the time has come."

I know that my life is gonna be ruined if I marry Yoon Ji, but a real man must face his problems. On the bright side, I'd get to annoy her every single day. I actually enjoy annoying her because she's always trying not to fight back even though she wants to. One time, she finally screamed at me to leave her alone. Well, that was pretty funny to me. I bet she likes me. That's why she never wants to get angry at me. I think I'm going to enjoy trying to annoy her and trying to make her fall for me even MORE, but it's not like I like her back. I'm just gonna play around.

I didn't want to hear some more about this whole marriage thing, but grandfather kept on talking about it. He said that President Lee is going to take care of our company until I turn 20 years old. I guess I'll just have to agree with grandfather. He's suffering a lot and I don't want to be a pain in the . My mother and father died when I was 6 years old, and our other relatives are running other companies, so this is the only way to save our company.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well, I just thought about the story for about an hour, and I decided to share it with everyone here on AFF. I got stuck with the character parts, though, but I already had Niel in my mind as the main character. Hope you guys like it. ^^ Thanks for reading it and comments are much appreciated. =) If you decided to subscribe, then thank you~!

-azn_nuABO14

GLOSSARY

Abeoji - father (in Korean / it's the same as "appa" but Abeoji is more polite/formal)

yah - Korean name suffix (you use "yah" when a name ends with a vowel and you use "ah" if a name ends with a consonant)

Harabeoji - grandfather (in Korean)