Family Dinner

0% Love

NIEL'S POV

I told Yoon Ji that I'd think of plan for us to get out of this mess. Honestly, I don't have any ideas. I don't even know what I'm going to do. But maybe when I turn twenty years old, we can get a divorce... No, no. That's not right. My image wouldn't look good if I get a divorce. That would also ruin the company's relationship with the Lee family's company. We can't really do anything about it anymore. There's nothing we can do. We just have to live like this. Unless... we run away.

 

I arrived at school in the morning. I quickly looked for Yoon Ji in her classroom. There she was, trying to sleep on her desk. So I slapped my hand on her desk.

"Yah! Wake up! We need to talk."

"Seriously, what is wrong with you? I'm trying to sleep."

"Don't you want to hear my plan?"

She didn't answer my question, but I guess she DID want to hear it. She stood up and we walked together to our meeting place. I made sure that no one was following us.

"So what's your plan? It better be good. I haven't been getting enough sleep because of this." She said. She looked tired and depressed.

"Either one of us run away from home."

She thought about it for a minute. Finally, she spoke. "I can't do that to my family. Why don't YOU go?"

"You DO know my grandfather's condition, right? I can't just leave him like that!"

"Then what are we supposed to do?"

"This is the only way to get out of this situation, so if you want to be free, just do it. Take it or leave it."

She paused for a minute, again. "I don't feel good right now. Our families are having dinner later, so let's just talk about it later."

She walked away slowly. She was touching her head, as if she was having a headache. Then, she suddenly fainted. I ran to her and tried to wake her up. I was freaking out and I didn't know what to do. There weren't any people around, so I couldn't ask for help. I knew I had to carry her and take her to the school's infirmary, but I kept on hesitating. I can't just leave her lying on the floor, though. So I stopped hesitating and just carried her to the infirmary.

 

I stayed with her for two hours in the infirmary. She was just there, unconcious. I felt sorry for her because I know that she's really bothered about the arranged marriage. I wanted to think of another plan, but I couldn't. So, I just read a medical book.

"Wha... Whe... Where am I?" She finally opened her eyes.

"You're in the infirmary. You fainted." I wasn't looking directly at her. I was just staring at a big block of text from the medical book.

"How long have I been staying here?"

"About two hours."

"But... what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I see how it is." I put the book away and looked at her. "You don't want me here, don't you?"

"Of course I don't. Why would I want you here when I'm unconcious?"

I was pissed off by what she said. She doesn't want ME here? I was the one who saved her life! Who knows what could've happened to her if I didn't bring her here.

"WELL, I was the one who brought you here. You fainted after we talked about the plan. You should be thankful I was there! And I had a hard time bringing you here because you're so freaking heavy!"

"I am not!... Yah. Call the nurse. I'm going home."

"Oh, so you think that you can order me around now? But fine. I'll call the nurse this time because you're sick."

"Whatever. Just call the nurse."

 

After that incident, I didn't think that she'd show up at the family dinner. Her condition was bad, and her temper was also high. I didn't want to get annoyed at dinner, so I didn't want to see her. But she showed up anyway. Our families met at a fancy restaurant. Obviously, grandfather wasn't able to go, so only grandmother and I went.

Grandmother and I greeted her family and her family greeted us. We went inside the restaurant and I found out that they "prepared" a special table for just the two of us. I've been knowing that restaurant ever since I was a kid, and I know that they have those private dining rooms for meetings. Of course, our families had to eat inside a private dining room, but Yoon Ji and I had to go to another private dining room, just the two of us. I guess they've been planning this "date" for us. Simply because there was already food on our table and a candle light. Whatever it is, our relationship is not going to work

"I thought you were sick. Why did you even bother to go here?" I asked her.

"I just had to."

"So... Did you think about my plan?"

"Yeah." She took a bite of some kind of meat that were cut into little pieces.

"You're going to do it?" I seriously felt like an annoying person. I asked too many questions.

"Yeah, if you're willing to help me."

I stood up from my chair. "Sure! Let's go!"

"I can't run away tonight, you idiot. Don't you ever think about timing?"

"So when do you plan to do it?"

"It's Tuesday today... So probably on Thursday. Thursday at midnight."

She looked pretty satisfied with my plan. So, I just ate my dinner confidently.

After eating dinner with complete silence, we came out of the room. The adults were done with their dinner too and were waiting for us at a special lobby. Yoon Ji's mother, Ms. Lee, asked me if we had a "great" time. Well, yeah, the food was great and all, but eating dinner with Yoon Ji, no. I just nodded and smiled, since I didn't know what to do.

Then suddenly, Mr. Lee told us something I didn't even realize before. He cleared his throat and started to talk.

"My daugther, Yoon Ji, and Mr. Ahn Daniel, your engagement ceremony is officially on Saturday this week."

I can't believe that Mr. Lee said that while smiling. That is NOT good news at all. But Yoon Ji's running away on Thursday, two days before the engagement, so I didn't have to worry. I should've thought about the engagement ceremony before, though. Then, he started talking again.

"Since our company and the Ahn family's company are one of the biggest companies in the country, we have to announce the engagement on national TV."

What?! Is Mr. Lee serious?! How can I help Yoon Ji run away when everyone knows that we're about to get engaged?!

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey, guys~ Well, this is the new chapter. I'm glad that it didn't take me too much time typing it without any ideas (LOL I didn't really plan about what was going to happen, but the dinner scene just magically appeared in my mind xD). I'm glad it's Friday (well, it's basically Saturday now) because my first week of school started this week and I'm really exhausted, but I wanted to update the story. I'm actually having fun with coming up ideas for 0% Love. So I hope you like it. ^^ Thanks to all the subscribers.

-azn_nuABO14