It's Sports Day and We're Stuck Together Part I

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

Today was our school's annual Sports Day. I was on the purple team, and unfortunately, Yu Won was on the blue team, so we weren't together. I never really cared for Sports Day. They always give out those medals at the end of the day, and I'm not even expecting to get one because I never participate in the games.

"I wish I was on your team." I said. I was wearing my team color, purple, and Yu Won was wearing blue. We were inside the classroom, waiting for the announcements to start.

"Are you sure? Niel is on the blue team, too." Yu Won was drinking a box of orange juice.

"Well then, never mind."

She put her orange juice on the desk and pouted. "Awww, you're mean. You don't want to be with me? Your best friend?"

"I didn't say anything like that."

The school bell suddenly rang. All the students had to line up in the field with their teams.


 

"Yu Won! Don't leave me!" I said, as we were going down the stairs. I didn't want to be alone in my team. "Just line up with my team. I don't think they're gonna notice you."

"I can't do that, silly!" Yu Won said.

Then, someone tapped my back. It was Hye Ri. "Yoon Ji! I'm on purple team too, you know!"

"Me too," someone on my left said. "Hello, Yoon Ji." It was Min Woo. He was smiling.

"Wow, you scared me. You just showed up out of nowhere." I said. He did startle me a little.

"Hahaha, sorry about that." He laughed and scratched his head.


The teams were all lined up in the field. Yellow team, blue team, purple team, and orange team. We all had to line up neatly, so Min Woo was in front of me and Hye Ri was behind me. While we wait for the teachers to get ready for the announcements, Min Woo and I chatted for a minute. I think he's getting more attractive each day.

Finally, the announcements started. I was trying to listen to the teachers, but Hye Ri kept on tapping my back. I guess this girl really likes tapping people's back. I was a bit annoyed, actually.

"What is it, Hye Ri?" I whispered.

She leaned closer ad whispered, "Do you like Min Woo?"

I was kind of shocked by her question, but there's no need to panic. "No. He's just a really nice friend."

"From what I'm seeing, I think he likes you."

Hhhmmm... Really? Is it possible?


At lunch time, I ate with Yu Won in the field. We brought different kinds of food and shared it with only the two of us. We were having a picnic on the grass, and it was really fun. Both of us brought really tasty cupcakes and gave it to each other. I was really happy eating all those food, but then, I saw Niel coming. I knew that he was just going to ruin my happy mood.

He leaned down and looked at the food. "Can I have that cupcake?"

"NO. It's mine. Yu Won especially bought it for me, so go away."

He looked at Yu Won. "Hey, can I have that cupcake?"

Yu Won thought for a second. "Hhmm... I don't know. I gave it to Yoon Ji, so it's hers now."

Before Niel even said anything, I said, "NO. You CANNOT have my cupcake." I took the cupcake and held it with my right hand.

"Just give me the damn cupcake! I'm hungry!" He screamed.

"No! It's mine! Go away, Niel!" At times like this, I always wonder... is Niel just childish or is he really mean? Why does he keep on bothering me?

He grabbed my hand that was holding the cupcake, and pulled it.

"Stop it, Niel! It's mine!" He even pulled my hand harder, but I was trying to pull my hand back.

Suddenly, someone called my name, so I stopped pulling my hand back, and Niel took the cupcake quickly and ran somewhere.

"Yoon Ji! Someone told me to give this to you." Hye Ri said. She gave me a plain, folded, white paper.

I unfolded the paper. It said:

Let's meet at the school gym in five minutes. I've got something important to tell you. I'll be waiting.

                                                                                                                                 

                                                                                                                     - Min Woo

I was surprised by the note. Is this for real? It's just like in the movies. I think I know what he's going to say.

"I think you should go, Yoon Ji." Hye Ri said. I smiled and nodded.

I started running, but then I heard Yu Won.

"Yah! Yoon Ji! Where are you going? We're not done eating yet!" She screamed.

"I'm sorry! I'll be back soon! I'm just going to the school gym real quick!" I screamed.


I walked slowly inside the school gym. I was out of breath.

"Hello? Min Woo? Are you here?" I said.

There wasn't anyone inside the school gym, but the lights were on in the supply closet room. I thought that maybe Min Woo was there, so I started walking to the supply closet room.


 

NIEL'S POV

I took Yoon Ji's cupcake during lunch. I admit, that was some good cupcake. Maybe they had some more cupcakes, so I went to see Yoon Ji again.

"Hey, you got some more cupcakes?" I asked Yoon Ji's friend.

"No. That was the last one I brought. But Yoon Ji might have some more inside her bag."

I noticed that Yoon Ji wasn't there. "But where's Yoon Ji?"

"She went to the school gym, I think. I don't know why."

"I guess I'm gonna have to follow her then."

I ran to the school gym. The door to the gym was slightly open, and I went inside. I saw Yoon Ji walking to the supply room. I was wondering what she was gonna do there. It didn't seem like she saw me, so I wanted to pull a prank on her. She went inside the supply room, and for some reason, she was saying, "Min Woo? Are you here?"

I went inside the supply room quietly. I jumped behind her and said, "BOO!!!"

"AHHHH! Get away from me!" She screamed.

I laughed. "Hahahaha! It's just me! I really scared you, didn't I?"

"You jerk! Why are you even here?!"

"Why are YOU here? And why are you looking for Min Woo? He's outside, eating his lunch, you know."

"What? But he told me to go over here. He told Hye Ri to give me this note." She took out a folded paper.

I took the note and read it. "Huh? I was with Min Woo during lunch, and he never said anything about this. And this is NOT Min Woo's handwriting. He writes very sloppy."

"Then who wrote this note?" She looked at me with curiosity.

Then, the supply room's door suddenly closed.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" We both screamed.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone~ ^^ I know, I haven't been active here for almost a month. Well, I was either busy with school or I'm just really tired and lazy. =b I'm really really sorry for not writing a chapter for so long. You guys wanna hear a funny story? It took me more than an hour to type this chapter, and when I was choosing the text color for "NIEL'S POV", the website suddenly froze. It wasn't the internet or my computer because my other tabs were working perfectly fine. The website just had a little error when I was choosing a color. I didn't get to save the chapter, so I had to type it again. T^T I'm just happy that I finished it now and I remembered all the important parts. xD I appreciate all of you who are reading it and are commenting, though. Thank you very much. =D I will try to keep updating this story.  Don't miss the next chapter, It's Sports Day and We're Stuck part II!

-azn_nuABO14