Prom Night

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I came down the stairs confidently. I could smell my perfume. It smelled really nice. My mother smiled as I came down the stairs. That guy, who stood in the dark corner by the door. I couldn't tell who he was. Is it Minwoo? Who in the world is this guy? I cannot see his face.

"Yoon Ji's here," my mother said happily.

He turned around, and stood where there was light. It was... Niel. I took my last step on the stairs, and I almost fell. My mother was about to catch me, but fortunately, I didn't fall. Oh, the irony. Why, Niel?

 

NIEL'S POV

I don't know what came into my mind, but I thought that maybe I should take Yoon Ji to the prom. Wouldn't her parents wonder why we're not going to the prom together? I mean, we're engaged and all, so it would just be appropriate to take her to the prom. No one else asked her out, I think. I also need to leave a good impression on Mrs. Lee. Apparently, I have manners, so I don't want to be rude and not take her to the prom.

 

I turned around, and saw Yoon Ji. I'm not going to lie. She looked beautiful. Her eyes widened and she almost fell off the stairs when she saw me. She probably thought I looked great or something. She probably fell for me at that time, because... I did. I didn't know what to do, but I wouldn't worry about falling for her. This will only last for a minute, I bet. Well, me, I wore a classic nice suit with a silver bow tie. I tried my hardest to look good for this prom. Like I said, I have manners, so I reached for Yoon Ji's hand. She put her hand around my arm, uncomfortably. It looked pretty awkward, actually. It felt awkward too. Her hand was around my arm, but there was a great distance between us. That was the problem. That's why it looked so awkward.

"You two look great! I'm just going to get the camera on the table." Mrs. Lee ran to the living room.

There was an awkward silence. Suddenly, Yoon Ji started whispering in a loud way. As if she was forcing herself not to shout. "Yah, you bastard! What are you doing here?"

"I'm trying to be a gentleman, so shut up." I responded.

"You're telling me to shut up? Wow, you're a real gentleman." She rolled her eyes and faked a laugh. "Seriously, why are you even here?"

"Well, I-" I tried to explain her my reason, but Mrs. Lee came with an SLR camera.

"1-2-3, SMILE!" She said. She looked like a professional photographer. She took four more shots, and we were done.

 

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I thought that I was gonna ride one of my family's car, but I ended up riding the car that Niel and I take to school with Driver Jang. Niel opened the door for me, surprisingly. I gave him an annoyed look.

"Good evening, Ms. Lee. You look beautiful tonight." Driver Jang said. I wonder what he told Niel when he was in the car, on the way to my house. Did he say that he looked handsome?

"Thank you, Driver Jang." I said. Niel finally got in, and the car started moving. It was silent for a while. I broke the silence. "Why are you doing this?" I asked Niel.

"Because I felt like it's my duty to take you to the prom. If I didn't take you to the prom, then wouldn't Mrs. Lee wonder why? Wouldn't you think that's kind of weird? Think for once, Yoon Ji. I'm trying to be a nice guy here."

Duty, huh. Psshhh. Yeah, right. But he does have a point. "Sure, Niel. Say whatever you want."

"Don't worry. I''ll be a great date, and we're gonna have a great time at the prom."

What does he mean by that? I don't get this guy, really. But oh well. Let's just go with the flow. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to be his prom date. He does look a little cute in his suit.

The ride to the prom took so long. I don't even know why. Before I left the house, my mother handed me a purse that goes with my dress. My cellphone was in it. Then, it suddenly fell inside the car. I was about to get it, but Niel crouched down to get it for me, and handed it to me. "Thanks," I said, unwillingly. There was something different about Niel that night. After that, I looked outside the window like what I usually do. I put my hand on the seat between me and Niel. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on top of it. What was that?! A ghost?! No, it was Niel. I glanced at him, but he was looking outside the window. What should I do? Should I take my hand out? Ahhh, what is this electricity I'm feeling inside my body?! It feels so weird! I feel like taking my hand out, but something's telling me that I shouldn't. I feel week. What is this idiot doing to me? Why is he suddenly like this? Ugghhh, bastard! Soon, I took my hands out. It was just way to weird and awkward.

The prom was held at an elegant hotel. Niel and I didn't make eye contact until we arrived at the hotel. Maybe I should check in, just in case I get bored at the prom. Great idea, but I don't really know. The both of us entered the event room, where the prom was held. There were a lot of people. I spotted Yu Won and Dongho drinking punch. They were sitting together on a table with a beige table cloth and white roses. Yu Won waved her hand, and I quickly went to her table with Niel. Dongho and Niel had their own conversation, so Yu Won and I had time to talk together with just the two of us.

"Why is Niel here? I thought-..." The music was a bit loud, so I could barely hear what Yu Won was saying.

"Yeah," I interrupted her. "He just showed up at my house. Don't know what got into him."

"Well, I'm guessing that he's your date for tonight, huh."

"Yeah, I guess. I can't do anything about it anymore."

I looked at Niel and Dongho. They were still conversing, but where's Minwoo? Isn't he coming? I shouldn't think about him right now. Niel's my date for tonight, not Minwoo.

"Wanna get some punch? Maybe some snacks?" Yu Won asked.

"Sure," I said, still glancing at Niel and Dongho. Suddenly, everything went dark and blank. Someone was covering my eyes. "Who is this?" I asked. I touched that person's hand. I quickly assumed that it was a guy. That person finally uncovered my eyes. It was Minwoo. I shouldn't get overwhelmed. Niel is still my prom date.

 

NIEL'S POV

I wasn't expecting Minwoo to come. He wasn't supposed to come. He said he wasn't going to the prom because he thought that it was boring and he didn't really want to have a prom date, but what was he doing? Stealing my prom date. And Yoon Ji looked pretty happy about it. MAYBE I'm ruining their moment, and I should just go away.

I looked at Minwoo and Yoon Ji. He "surprised" her, apparently. Now, they were talking. I was so pissed off. I just can't look at this. I need to get away from them before I lose my temper. "Hey, dude, where are you going?" Dongho asked.

"I'll be back." I said. I went to where the seniors were. The senior girls flirted with me back then, but I wasn't interested. They were sitting at that bar, drinking punches, and the guys were drinking alcohol, I believe, even if it was illegal. No one was allowed to drink. Everyone was underaged, but they probably payed that bartender. The bartender was supposed to only serve them mixed juice, but I think he was charging the seniors for a great amount of money on the alcoholic drinks.

"Hey, Niel. What's up?" Rae Min said. He was a senior that I've been knowing for a long time since we were in middle school. I noticed that he was one of the three seniors guys who was drinking.

"Nothing. I just wanna hang out with you guys." I said cooly. I heard one of the senior noonas say I was cute. She asked me to sit next to her. I didn't know who she was, though.

"Niel," Rae Min called my name. "Wanna try?" He held up a small glass. An alcoholic drink was in it.

"Niel, you can do it." The noona who was sitting next to me encouraged me. She was caressing my hair. "Come on! Just do it." She said.

Why not? I was really pissed, so I wanted to have some fun. Yoon Ji's not going to care anyway, so whatever. I drank the small glass, and they all cheered for me. The next thing I knew, I drank three glasses. It wasn't that much, but I felt a little dizzy. However, I wasn't drunk yet, but I was getting close to being drunk.

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I was really glad that Minwoo was here. Yu Won and I had a good conversation with him. He's a really nice guy, no one can ever deny that. He said he was thirsty, so he went to get some punch with Dongho and Yu Won. I chose to stay because Niel was missing. I had to look for him. Where is that crazy bastard?

I saw him with those seniors. One of the girls was touching his hair, and he was drinking a small glass of I don't what it was, but it looked like some kind of alcoholic drink. I rushed to him. I felt shy and out of place around the seniors. I didn't even know them. I looked at Niel straight in the eye. "Yah, what are you doing here? Let's go over there!" I pulled his arm, but he didn't want to go. "Let me have fun, Yoon Ji. I'm letting you have fun, so why don't you let me have fun?" He said. I was mad at him. I lost my temper. FINE. If that's what you want, then I'll let you have fun.

I went back to my table, but Yu Won, Dongho, and Minwoo were dancing. I didn't really feel like dancing, even when they kept on calling my name. I just sat on my seat and took glances at Niel. After a while, Yu Won told me that Dongho was going to take her home. Dongho had his own car with a driver. He even asked me if I wanted a ride home, but I told him that I have to wait for Niel. Dongho's a really nice guy too, actually. Then, Minwoo came up to me, and asked me if I wanted a ride home because his driver was waiting outside already. I told him that Niel was my date, and he's supposed to take me home. He didn't know that Niel was my date, so he apologized, made sure if I really didn't want a ride home, and said goodbye nicely.

Honestly, I wanted to go home. I glanced at Niel and noticed that he looked kind of drunk. This idiot! What is he doing?! Then, I saw one of the girls hugging him. But... I thought he was my prom date? He even said that we're going to have a great time. Why is he with someone else? This was going to get worse if I didn't stop him. I know that he cares about his image, so he needs to stop drinking. He's underaged, for goodness sake. So, I went up to him again. "Niel! Stop drinking! Let's go home! I wanna go home already!"

"Who is this?" The girl asked Niel. He just rolled his eyes. "Stop nagging, Yoon Ji! Just go away! Let me have fun!"

"No, Niel! We have to go home! You're drunk already!" I yelled.

"Go away! I don't wanna see you." He said. Well, that kind of hurt, but I can't let him do this. I pulled his arm as hard as I could, and he finally stood up. I dragged him outside the parking lot, but then I remembered that Driver Jang was waiting at the front entrance of the hotel. Aish. Yoon Ji, you're so stupid. It was really cold outside. I didn't even have a jacket. I was tired of dragging him, so we stopped in the middle of the parking lot, but he tried walking away from me. He walked like drunk person, going from side to side, and I just wanted to scream at him. "Why are you like this, Niel?! Stop acting like a jerk! Grow up! I thought you were my date, but what did you do?!"

Then, he suddenly stopped walking, looked back at me. "Look who's talking." He said. "I thought you were my date, too, but WHAT HAPPENED?"

What is he talking about? Is it about Minwoo? But we only talked for a few minutes! Niel could have even joined us. "What? What are you saying? You're drunk! Let's just go home, Niel. I'm tired."

"NO. I AM NOT GOING HOME." He yelled. Okay, he's getting too annoying. I guess I'll just have to drag him to the car. I took his arm, and he walked unconciously. Suddenly, he started throwing up. Ugghhh, he is so gross. Maybe I should just check in? I'm going crazy right now, and I think he needs to get some rest in a proper place. So I just checked in, and got two rooms for us. I called my mother, and told her that I'm going to stay at the hotel for the night. My mother called Driver Jang, so he left, and will be coming back early in the morning. The receptionist knew me, I guess, so she quickly gave me the keys. Finally, I got Niel into his room. I got a bottled water from the small fridge, and let him drink it. Then, I put him into his bed. I took off his black suit and his bow, got a small wet towel, and rubbed it on his face gently. Then, I put on his blanket, and left the room.

Whew. That was exhausting. This crazy bastard makes me want to cry! I thought he was my prom date, but he left me, and now I have to take care of him because he got drunk. I went to my room, into the bathroom, and washed my face. I didn't have any other clothes, so I still wore my dress. Good thing there was thick bathrobe, so I wore it over my dress. Then, I went to my bed and tried to sleep. Then, someone kept on knocking. Aish! So annoying! I'm trying to sleep! I opened it, and it was Niel, still drunk and half-unconcious. He forced himself to get inside my room. He threw himself on my bed, and I told him to get out of my room. "Yah! Get out! You have your own room!" I took his arm and pulled it hard, but he wouldn't get up.

"Fine. I'll sleep there instead." I said. He suddenly took my hand. I got that feeling again when he held my hand back when we were in the car. I felt weak.

"No, don't leave, Yoon Ji. Stay here. Don't go to Minwoo. Don't leave me. I'm you're date, not him." He said while his face was burried on the pillow.

"You're drunk, Niel. I'm leaving." I said coldly.

"NO. Stay." He said, sniffling. Is Niel crying? What in the world is happening? And why does he keep mentioning Minwoo? "Stay here, next to me. I don't want you go to Minwoo. Don't leave me."

Ugghhh... If I stay here, that means I have to sleep next to him. I felt sorry for him, so I stayed. I went back to the bed, next to him. He kept on sniffling, so I patted his back. I sighed. "Fine. I'll stay. So just sleep already, okay?" Then I put the pillows between us.

   

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well, wasn't this chapter interesting and long?! It took me a few hours to think of it, but I that's fine since I think it came out great. Hope you liked it. ^^ If you haven't subscribed, then please do. What do you think of this chapter? Comments are always appreciated. =)

-azn_nuABO14

Drinking Age - The drinking age in South Korea is 19 years old (20 years old in Korean age). Niel is only 17, so he's underaged still and so are the seniors. They are only 18 years old.