Getting Ready for the Prom

0% Love

YU WON'S POV

My phone rang early in the morning. It was Yoon Ji, of course. She's the only one who calls me so early in the morning. "Yah! What do you want? I'm still sleeping!" I yelled. "It's already Wednesday, you idiot! The prom is at night. We have to get things ready before we go to school today, so we won't have to rush later." Oh yeah, I forgot about the prom. Silly me. Well, at least all my things are prepared already... except for me. I totally forgot about it. "Calm down. I'm prepared for everything already. See you at school." I hung up my phone and went back to sleep for five more minutes.

 

When I entered the classroom that morning, Haejin was already there. She looked so frustrated. I sat down on my desk, which was next to her. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing," she answered quietly. No, there was something wrong with her. I know my best friend. "Oh come on. I know there's something wrong, so just say it. I'm here to listen." Yoon Ji stayed silent for about ten seconds, then she turned to me, and held my shoulders. "Yu Won," she looked at me straight in the eyes. "What's wrong?!" Now, I was really getting worried. She probably has some kind of big problem again. "Yu won," she continued. "I... I don't have a date for the prom." She fake cried. "Stop it, Yoon Ji!" I was getting really annoyed. If she wanted a date, then she could've said YES to Niel. "Niel already asked you, but YOU didn't wanna go."

"But Niel's a jerk. I am not going to waste my precious time with him." She argued.

"Okay," I sighed. "I guess you're gonna have to come with me and Dongho then."

She looked at me in a weird way, kind of like a suspicious way. "Well, I'm sorry if I'm just gonna be a bother to the both of you. Seems like you don't want to be with your best friend. Something's probably going on between you two, and you just don't want to tell me."

Okay, let's get this clear. Nothing's happening between me and Dongho. I don't even know why that idiot wanted me to go to the prom with him. So I was really getting annoyed at Yoon Ji for thinking that. "DO YOU WANT TO GO WITH US OR NOT?" I yelled at her. "I'm just being nice to you! If you don't want to go with us, then go by yourself." I wasn't really gonna let my best friend go alone to the prom. I was just really irritated.

She suddenly laughed. "I'm just kidding! Aish... You get mad so easily. Why are you so sensitive about it?"

"Stop asking me questions!" I pretended to be mad at her. Actually, I don't know why I'm sensitive about these things. It's awkward to even talk about it.

 

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I was getting ready for the prom in my bedroom. I stared at my dress. It was maroon. It looked like a gown, but it was only up to my knees. Everybody knows that you have to wear formal clothes to the prom. Most people at school are from wealthy families, so they're probably wearing something grand, but I am not going to wear anything like that. Yes, I am the daughter of a president of a large company, but I like keeping things simple. Finally, I wore the dress. I looked at the mirror. The dress wasn't so bad. In fact, I really liked it. It was just too bad that I didn't have a prom date. Then, I put on some light make up. I don't wear heavy make up. It's a waste of time for me. Suddenly, my mother knocked at the door. "Come in," I said.

Her eyes brightened. "Wow, my daughter looks really beautiful! Do you need any help on anything?"

"No, mother. I'm almost done, I think. I just need to wear my jewelry and heels. I also need to curl my hair a little bit." I said, as I was putting on my earrings.

"Oh, okay. Well, here's a perfume." She handed a clear, nice looking bottle to me. "I bought it when your dad and I were out of town, but I didn't even know I had it."

"Okay, mother. I'm going to use it tonight."

"I'll be going now, then. I'll wait for you downstairs." She smiled and closed the door. I sighed. I admit. I was kind of nervous about the prom, even though I've been to millions of formal occasions. I've never been to a prom, so I'm a little curious about it. Suddenly, my mother opened the door again.

"I forgot to tell you something."

"What is it, mother?" I was kind of getting annoyed. I wanted some alone time.

"Our driver's waiting for you in the car, so hurry up. You can't be late for the prom, and I have to take a picture of you too."

"Yeah, I'll be done in a minute."

Finally, she closed the door. I still felt quite uneasy about the prom. What was I supposed to do there, anyway? Stand or something? Again, someone suddenly knocked at my door. For heaven's sake, when is this knocking going to end? The door opened, and my mother peeped in. "Yoon Ji, your date's here! I didn't know you were going with a special prom date, so hurry up! You'll be late for the prom."

Wait, what??? Date? But... but I don't have a date! Could it be... Minwoo? Please, let it be him. I think I'll have a great time with him at the prom. He's the nicest guy I know. "Mother, what are you saying? I don't even have a date." I pretended to be calm, but inside I was excited to see if it was Minwoo. Please let it be Minwoo. Please. Just this once.

"Just hurry up and go downstairs already!" She yelled from outside. "He's waiting for you."

I had to rush a little bit, but I guess it was okay. I'm done curling my hair. I'm also done putting on my jewelry. I put on my heels already. Now it's time to spray the perfume. Finally, it's time to go downstairs.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you like the new chapter~ ^^ It's kinda short, though. We have Yu Won's POV for the first time. Hahahaha~ Who do you think is Yoon Ji's prom date? OR who do you want it to be? That's just a random question. You don't have to answer it. =b I'm actually confused about it, but we'll see how it goes. Thanks for reading and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't. Don't be shy to comment if you have any thoughts. =D

-azn_nuABO14