Meet My Childhood Friend

0% Love

NIEL'S POV

On our way home from school, I felt like I needed to talk to Yoon Ji more. We didn't get to talk about what happened at the engagement yet, so I was thinking about staying over at her house for dinner. I'm welcome at the Lee household anytime, so there aren't any problems. I didn't tell Yoon Ji that I was going to stay over for dinner, though.

It was silent inside the car. Not even one of us tried speaking. Yoon Ji was just looking outside the window. Then, her phone suddenly rang. She looked at it for a second and answered it.

"Yoboseyo?... Ah, oppa! I haven't heard of you for a long time. Why did you call?" She said.

I was curious, of course. Who was that? Who was she calling "oppa"?

"Oh, you're in Seoul right now?... There's a surprise for me at home? I wonder what that is... Okay, see you soon!" She hung up her phone.

Now, I'm really curious. "Who was that?" I asked, looking straight at her. But she just looked outside and ignored my question.

What is she trying to do?! Is she trying to piss me off?! Was it because of what happened earlier at school, when our conversation was interrupted by a bunch of girls? She's probably jealous.

"Yah! I said, who was that???" I asked her one more time.

"It's none of your business! Gosh... You're so nosy." She sighed.

"Are you gonna answer me or not?" I whispered and leaned closer to her.

"Get away from me, you ert! I said it's none of your business! Don't you get it?!" She shoved my face, and it actually hurt. I fixed my uniform and tried to not think about it anymore.

 

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

Niel is really annoying me today, but a few more minutes, we're going to arrive at my house. Min Hyuk oppa, my childhood friend, just called me and he said that there's a surprise waiting for me at home. I wonder what that is.

 

As I was looking outside the window, I noticed that the clouds were turning gray. Finally, the car arrived at my house and I got off. For some reason, Niel also got out of the car.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What? I can't stay over at my fiancee's house for dinner?" He said arrogantly.

"No, you can't. Go home. NOW."

"Oh, come on. It's just for dinner, and we still have to talk about what happened at the engage-"

"I said NO! Get lost!"

The small gate suddenly opened, and it was mother. I guess I said that too loud and she heared me. Geez, I'm gonna get scolded for telling Niel to get lost.

"Now, Yoon Ji, stop being so immature. Daniel is welcome anytime at our house." Mother said. "Daniel, I'm sorry about my daughter. Come in! Stay for dinner. Don't be shy!"

"Yes, Mrs. Lee. Thank you very much!" Niel gave me a fake smile and entered the gate before me.

 

We entered our house and my mother led us to the living room. There was a guy standing with a cup in his hand. He put the cup down gently on the small table. He turned around, and I realized that it was Min Hyuk oppa. I ran next to him and greeted him.

"Oppa! How have you been?! So this was your surprise?"

"Haha, yeah." He smiled. "It's been a while, huh, Yoon Ji? You're all grown up now!"

"Hahaha! Oppa, you're only three years older than me, yet you're speaking like your ten years older. You're still the same Min Hyuk oppa."

"Ah, and this must be your fiancee that I've been hearing about, right?" He glanced at Niel, who was standing next to the door.

"Yeah, that's Niel." I said coldly.

"Hello. I'm Kang Min Hyuk, Yoon Ji's childhood friend." He walked closer to Niel and introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ahn Daniel." He bowed to Min Hyuk oppa.

Niel could've been a little friendlier to him. That jerk, he really doesn't know how to do things properly.

 

During dinner, we talked about all sorts of stuff.

"Min Hyuk oppa, when are you going to go back to Japan?" I asked him.

"In two weeks. I haven't been to Korea for a long time, so I came back, even if it means just staying for two weeks. I still have a lot of work to do in Japan, so I have to go back soon."

"Ahh, I see. You still play the drums?"

"Yeah, actually I'm in a band and I'm going to take over our family's music business."

"That's great!"

"So where's your father, Mr. Lee?"

"Oh, he went to a business trip in China."

"Oh, okay."

"Oppa, are you gonna stay here at our house during your vacation?"

"I'm only staying here tonight. I have to go to Busan tomorrow."

"Well, you know that you're always welcome here anytime."

"Thanks, Yoon Ji... Please excuse me for a minute." He stood up and walked to the restroom.

When he left, everything was silent. I almost forgot that Niel was there eating with us. It was actually funny because he was so quiet. He usually blabs about stuff, but he was so quiet. I bet he feels out of place. Hahaha.

"So," Niel suddenly said. "You like that guy?"

"What are you saying? He's like my brother, so don't think of weird things." I said. He's starting to annoy me again.

"It's so obvious that you like him."

"I just said I don't, so stop it."

"Yes, you do. You like him, don't you? More than just a brother?"

"Stop it, Niel! You know what, if you're just going to be like that, why don't you just go home? Just leave, okay?"

"Who said I'm going home? I'm staying here for the night."

"What?! What are you trying to do?!"

"I'm always welcome at this house and I can stay whenever I want. You can't argue with that, can you?"

My mother suddenly came with three slices of chocolate cake for the three of us. My mother is actualy a good cook. Anyway, we stopped arguing since she came.

"Mrs. Lee, I decided to stay over for the night," Niel said. "It's getting late and all, and there is a storm outside, so might as well just stay for the night. I told my driver to just pick me up tomorrow morning because it might be dangerous to drive a car when there's a storm."

"Oh, I heard that the storm is going to be really strong. Yes, it's better for you to stay here. I will tell the people get your room ready and provide the things you need, so you'd be comfortable. I will also inform your grandparents about this."

"Thank you very much."

"You're very much welcome, Daniel."

 

It was about 10:00 PM when I read a book in my bed. I could hear the rain and the wind. The storm was really strong. I guess if it lasts until tomorrow, I wouldn't have school. I wanted a cup of milk, so I went down stairs. I could've just asked someone to get it for me, actually, but I wanted to get it myself.

I got my cup of milk and passed by the living room. Min Hyuk oppa was there, reading a book.

"Min Hyuk oppa, you're still up?" I said, holding a cup of milk.

"Ah, yes, I'm reading a book... Come sit next to me." He patted the couch.

"What book is that?" I asked while walking closer to the couch.

"It's that book that I read to you when you were eight years old. I was eleven then."

"Oh, is it that book about those bears? That book was lame."

"Hahaha. You really think so? You're mean, it's my favorite book."

 

NIEL'S POV

I was bored at 10:00 PM, so I just walked around the house. I was still wearing my school pants and long sleeves uniform because I didn't have any clothes. I took off my school suit because I felt stuffy. I passed by the living room and heard Yoon Ji and Min Hyuk talking. They were sitting together, looking at some book. I bet those two like each other. Their isn't that big, so they probably like each other. I heard Yoon Ji said that she was going to get another cup of milk, so I hid behind a wall when she passed by. I stared at Min Hyuk, who was reading that retarded book with bears on it. It was really silent, until my phone rang. Min Woo or Dongho probably texted me about something that doesn't even make sense. Min Hyuk heard my phone ring, so he looked at me and smiled.

"Uhh, Daniel, can you come over here and sit with me?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said.

"Look, there is nothing between me and Yoon Ji. She just sees me as her older brother and I just see her as my little sister, so you don't have to be suspicious or anything."

"I'm not suspicious! I was just walking around, that's it."

"Hahaha. Good explanation."

"It's true!"

"You're a really funny kid," he chuckled. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you something."

"Huh? What is it?"

"Since you are now Yoon Ji's fiance, please take care of her, look after her, and protect her. Can you promise that to me? Oh, and just call me hyung from now on."

"Errrmmm... I can call you hyung, but I don't know about that promise. I don't think I can do that."

"What do you mean? I know that the both of you were just forced to be together, but why don't you try liking her? It wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Well..."

At this moment, the rain got stronger and the lights went out. There was even a loud thunder. I heard Yoon Ji's scream in the kitchen.

"I guess this is your chance to protect her. Go!" Minhyuk said.

I admit, I was kind of pressured by this guy, or should I say "hyung". I can see pretty good in the dark and once I got to the kitchen, I saw Yoon Ji crouching down with closed eyes and she was covering her ears.

I shaked her shoulders and she looked at me in the eyes. She looked really scared.

"Niel? Is that you? I'm scared."

"Yes, it's me. Don't worry, Yoon Ji. I'm here, I won't leave you." I said. "Come on, I'll guide you to your room."

I took her small cold hand and I guided her while going up the stairs.

We finally got to the door of her bedroom. "Here's your room, Yoon Ji. You can go in now."

The lights suddenly went on. Finally, it's not dark anymore! But I just realized that my hand didn't let go of Yoon Ji's hand yet, so I let go of it quickly.

"Thanks." She said and closed her door.

Hhmm... That's all she was going to say? Thanks? Well, I guess it's time for me to go to sleep wearing my school uniform.

 

The next morning, I woke up with the sun shining from the window. What the heck just happened? It was raining so hard last night, and now the sun is shining so early in the morning. I went to the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. The Lee household's guest room was really neat. It was almost like a hotel room. The bathroom was even better than a hotel's bathroom, and they provided fine soap, a bathrobe, a toothbrush, toothpaste, and some towels. I wanted to take a quick shower, but I might be late for school. I put on my school suit and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

I ate some great breakfast with Yoon Ji, Min Hyuk "hyung", and Mrs. Lee. Mr. Lee still wasn't home because of his business trip in China. A few minutes later, Min Hyuk hyung decided to leave for his Busan trip.

"Well, I need to go now. I'll be back next year, probably. See you all soon and thank you! Oh, and Daniel, don't forget about that promise, okay?"

"Well, I don't kn-"

"Just remember that promise, will you, buddy? Haha. Well, I gotta go, bye!"

Min Hyuk hyung finally left and Yoon Ji and I had to leave for school. I had thanked Mrs. Lee for everything, and I was walking to the car with Yoon Ji.

"You're still wearing the same thing from yesterday, Niel? Haha! You even slept wearing that school uniform!"

"Yah! Shut up! I told the driver to bring me a clean set of my school uniform so I can change at school."

The both of us got inside the car, not knowing what would happen to our day.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Ouch, my back really hurts for some reason. xD This chapter was really hard to come up with. It was supposed to be only Niel's POV, but it was hard to write the story like that and I didn't get to save my draft (OTL), so it became Niel's POV, Yoon Ji's POV, and Niel's POV again. LOL. Min Hyuk was the guest. And this chapter is kinda long too... Hehehe~ But I think it turned out great? Maybe? Maybe not? But anyway, I really hope you like it~ ^^ Thanks to all of my subscribers and to those who take time to comment. =)

-azn_nuABO14

GLOSSARY:

Lee Household - The Lee family's house (Yoon Ji's house)

Yoboseyo - "Hello?" in Korean [when picking up the phone]

Oppa - Older brother or close male friend who is older (in Yoon Ji's case, Min Hyuk is a close male friend) Kang

Kang Min Hyuk - /in the story/ Yoon Ji's childhood friend ever since she was seven years old. He is three years older than Yoon Ji (he's twenty years old), and lives in Japan as a drummer. He is supposed to take over his family's music business in Japan [music recordings, musical instruments, etc] soon. He loves Yoon Ji as his little sister because he doesn't have any siblings. /in real life/ A drummer and actor from the band CNBLUE.