Marriage Contract Event

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

Well, today was our wedding day. I wouldn't really call it a "wedding" day, since we're just getting married by the law. Weddings are like those in the movies, where the girls marry their true love at a wonderful church wearing their desired wedding gown. Our wedding was just basically signing some papers, making a vow, and putting each other's rings on. I didn't want to wear the ring, but it's supposed represent the vow or something. Psshhh, represent my foot. That's pretty much it. Nothing really special. That's not even supposed to be called a wedding. I prefer calling it a marriage contract event because that's what literally happened. Luckily, Niel's blackeye wasn't obvious, since I told him to put makeup on to cover it. He has been hiding it since the day he got hit, but it's amazing how it's almost healed after one day.

I just wore a simple dress along with a formal pea coat on this day. I don't consider this event special at all, but I guess some people do. The media was there outside the room where we signed a contract for our marriage. I guess knowing that the simple, hopeless, seventeen year old daughter of the biggest car company in the country married the grandson of the biggest technology company in the country is an interesting news to the nation. After the "marriage contract event", we went over to my house where they prepared a fancy dinner. It's just really us and no one else. My family, Niel's family and some really close family friends. Fortunately, Niel's grandfather was able to come even if he was really sick. Our close friends: Yu Won, Minwoo, and Dongho were also there, along with their parents.

"So how does it feel to be married at age seventeen?" Yu Won asked. We were walking around the garden at the back of our house. It wasn't really cold, so it was okay to go to the garden.

"It's horrible." I pouted.

"Where's the honeymoon gonna be held at?" She poked my arm and smirked.

Seriously, why would she ask this question? I was furious. I stared at her, but she just laughed. I was really annoyed at Yu Won, so I left her to get some cake for myself. "Yah! I was just kidding, you know!" She followed me inside the house.

The cake wasn't really special. The simplicity of the cake was almost perfect. It didn't have any "wedding" designs or whatsoever. I'm glad it didn't because like I said, it wasn't exactly a wedding. It was only a marriage contract event. Niel and I don't even love each other.

After the party, I was wondering why Niel was still there. My father was talking to him. I was about to go upstairs until my mother asked me to go to the living room to talk to her.

"Yoon Ji, my daughter, " she said nicely.

"Yes?" I felt like she was going to say something bad.

"Since you are now in a commitment, it wouldn't be nice to see you with some other guys, if you know what I mean. I hope you won't get mad."

Ah, this topic. I actually thought about it before. "Yes, I knew that since the beginning."

"Really? Well, then that's good. I don't have to worry about anything." She smiled and sighed. "But... can you at least try to like Niel? I mean, it's not impossible, is it? He's such a nice boy."

I ignored her question. I sighed and shook my head. "So... Can I go upstairs now? I'm really tired."

"Yes, go ahead."

"Okay, goodnight, mother." I stood up and left my seat.

"Ah, just a moment, Yoon Ji," she paused. "Niel has a room at this house now. He said he will stay here only for the night, but he's welcome anytime."

I put my palm over my face, went upstairs, and went on my way to my room. Why does it have to be like this? Can't I just have a normal life? I suddenly saw Niel standing by my room.

"Yah, why are you here?" I asked. "Get out of my way. I'm tired."

"Well, your parents said that my room is the room next to yours."

"Aish... whatever." I scratched my head. "Just get lost, okay? I'm really tired." I pushed him out of the way and slammed my door. I know it was rude, but I can be really mean when I'm tired. I threw myself on my bed and pulled up my blanket. I was wondering what was gonna happen to me at school. Are people going to act different? I really have no idea.

 

NIEL'S POV

I still feel kind of weird since I'm already "legally" married to someone at seventeen. I just really have to do this for the sake of my family. I got married with a blackeye and I really hate it. It's a good thing I can cover it with makeup and it's almost healed, thanks to Yoon Ji. To be honest, Yoon Ji isn't so bad. It's not impossible to fall for her, but she'd probably get mad if I do fall in love with her, so I'm not even gonna try. I'll just act the same as before. I think that would cover up everything.

I had a little talk with Yoon Ji's father. Mr. Lee told me about the room that they had prepared for me. He said that I'm always welcome at the house and I can sleep there whenever I want. He also told me to call him "abeoji". It would take a long time for me to call him that because it's kind of awkward. Well, he needs to reminds me. I think Mr. Lee is a pretty cool guy. It's good that he's there to take care of our family's business.

I went up stairs and looked for my room. I think it was that room that I stayed in before when there was a storm, but I wasn't sure. Mr. Lee said that it was that room next to Yoon Ji's room. I wasn't really sure which room was it, so I stood there without a clue. Suddenly, Yoon Ji came, looking really tired and annoyed.

"Yah, why are you here?" she asked. "Get out of my way. I'm tired."

Yeah, I guess I was kind of in her way, but she acted kinda mean. I wasn't even doing anything to her. "Well, your parents said that my room is just next to yours."

"Aish... whatever." she scratched her head. "Just get lost, okay? I'm really tired." She pushed me and slammed her door. I think she was just really tired and irritated about the whole thing. I entered my room and sat on my bed. I feel like I just lost my freedom. I am not allowed to see anybody else, said my grandmother. If I'm not allowed to date anyone else, then it's really not going to be impossible for me to fall for Yoon Ji.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

The marriage chapter is finally finished! It should've been published earlier, but I don't even know why I didn't. I felt like the insignificant-but-not-so-insignificant events had to happen before this chapter. I know this chapter's a little sloppy, but thanks for reading anyway! I hope you like it and please subscribe if you haven't. Please leave a comment if you have any thoughts. Thank you~

-azn_nuABO14

GLOSSARY:

Abeoji - father (in Korean / it's the same as "appa" but Abeoji is more polite/formal)