I'm Going to Run Away from Home!

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

It's finally Thursday. Before I went to school, I packed up my clothes. I made sure my luggage is hidden inside my walk-in closet. Then, someone suddenly knocked at the door. So, I opened it.

"Good morning, Ms. Lee. Sorry to disturb you, but I'll be cleaning your room today." One of the maids said. I forgot what her name was. She's been around for only three weeks. But I think she's the one with the kids.

I couldn't think of what to say because I didn't know what her name was and my luggage was hidden in my closet. "Uhh... Can you please not clean it today? Maybe tomorrow? I usually don't make a mess in my room, so you don't have to worry about it. Thanks anyway."

"Yes, Ms. Lee. I understand." She bowed and left.

 

When I was riding the car to school, I was thinking of my plan. I've planned every single thing carefully. I'm a bit nervous, but it's the only way to get out of this mess.

My car finally arrived at school. I went straight to my classroom and left my backpack there. Then, I walked to the "meeting place". Last night, I texted Niel and told him to go to our meeting place before the classes start in the morning. I'm glad he was already there so I didn't have to wait for him. He was just standing there, doing something with his phone.

I stood in front of him and cleared my throat. He looked up from his phone and he put it inside his pocket.

"Are you sure you want to escape at midnight?" He asked me.

"Yes."

"So what's the whole plan?"

I explained him my whole plan. My plan was: He has to go over my house's gate. Then, he has to search for the seventh window on the second storey at the left side of my house. I'll just stay by my window and wait for him. When he finally finds my window, I'll tie my luggage with a rope, get it outside of my window, slowly rope it down, and Niel is going to untie the rope from my luggage. Next, I'll tie the rope around the foot of my bed. Then, I'm going to go down using the rope. After that, I can just roll my luggage to the gate. I can also just open the small entrance gate since we're inside, anyway. Lastly, I'll go inside Niel's car, escape, and drop me off at an old friend's house that's far away from Seoul.

"But Yoon Ji, I don't have a driver's license yet."

"Oh shoot. I totally forgot about that." Seriously, I did forget. You have to be eighteen years old to drive. Niel's not going to get his license until next year.

"Well, that's fine. I have a bunch of friends who can drive. Psshhh... I can even ask my driver if I wanted to." He bragged. I can't believe he can actually brag about things at a time like this.

"You can't tell your driver about this, you idiot."

"Okay, fine. Chill... I'll just ask a friend to drive the car. But where are you gonna to stay?"

"I'm staying at an old friend's house in Gyeonggi-do."

"Hhhmm... Gyeonggi-do's not really that far from here. Unless your friend's house is located at the end of Gyeonggi-do and it's hard to find, then it's gonna take us a while. That's not alright at all."

"Fine, then. If you don't want to, I'll just take the subway." I felt like he didn't really want to drive me there. Well, he's not the one who's going to drive, so why is he complaining? This whole plan is for the both of us anyway.

"No... no! I'm just playing around..."

Then, the school bell rang and we parted our ways.

 

It was about midnight and I was more than ready to escape. I even made an apology letter to my parents. I locked the door of my room, so no one could get in, and I tied the rope around the handle of my luggage. I made sure the lights were off, too, but I brought a flashlight with me. I'd wave it around so Niel would see me from my window. Midnight was in 2 minutes, so I was just there, looking outside my window and holding my flashlight. I thought about my house's gate. It's really high and made of bricks. Oh no. How is Niel going to climb that?! But whatever he does, I'm sure he can climb it. 

Then, I heard the grass moving, as if someone was walking on the grass. I saw Niel with a flashlight, waving to me from my window on the second storey. That was the cue, so I carried my luggage to get it outside my window. And geez, it was pretty heavy, but I managed to get it out and rope it down. It finally arrived on the ground and Niel untied the rope. I quickly tied the rope tightly around the foot of my bed. Now, it's my turn to get down using the rope. Before I left, I looked around the room. I looked at that letter that I wrote for father and mother for a few seconds, and I realized that it's time to go. I tried going down from the window using the rope. 

Yes! It was successful! We were running, but we tried hard to not make a single sound. Niel took the handle of my luggage and rolled it until we got to the small gate. I knew how to open the gate, but I was scared that it might make some noise. Whatever. I didn't care about it anymore. I just wanted to escape as soon as possible. Luckily, the gate didn't make a sound when I opened it. 

"That's the car. Hurry, let's get in." Niel said, and we rushed to the car. We were in such a hurry that he didn't even put my luggage inside the trunk of the car. The both of us sat at the back of the car and he just pulled my luggage inside. Now, I'm ready to escape.

"Hurry! Let's go to Gyeonggi-do!" I said impatiently. Niel looked at me like I was a pathetic person. He shouldn't be acting this way because I'm escaping for the both us. After saying that, Niel's friend, who was the person driving, wasn't starting the engine.

Suddenly, someone from the front seat started talking. "Huh? Gyeonggi-do? Why are you going to Gyeonggi-do?"

That voice sounded really familiar. Then, that person turned around from his seat.

It was my father... I'm dead. 

My life is over. I have to marry Niel. I have to be married at a young age. I can't date anyone else anymore. I'm practically going to get irritated by this jerk every single day. IT'S ALL OVER.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I screamed as if I saw a ghost.

"Game over, you guys." Father said. Yes. He was right. Game over. "Your little friend here is pretty honest. I happen to know him."

"Sorry, guys. I was caught by Mr. Lee. He's a long time investor of my family's company. Couldn't lie to him." That guy who was "supposed" to drive us to Gyeonggi-do said. I actually recognized him. He's Yoon Doo Joon. He's going to take over his family's company really soon. But enough about him. Niel and I are dead.

 

It was past midnight already and it was a school day, so the both of us are going to get in trouble after school. I was sent to my room, but I couldn't sleep at all. My phone on the side table vibrated. I reached for it and looked at the text message. It was from Niel and it said:

'I knew it wasn't gonna work. I just knew it.'

If he knew that it wasn't going to work, why did he even bother to tell me his plan? He's really an idiot.

I texted him back.

'If you knew that it wasn't gonna work, why did you even tell me your idea? You really are a jerk.'

A few minutes later, he replied to my text.

'You were really desperate to get out of this situation. I tried. I just wanted to help. I'm sorry.'

I didn't want to reply to him anymore. I didn't even want to see his face anymore. He pisses me off. Even if he says sorry a million times, they're still going to force us to get married. I just wanted to sleep at that time. Maybe I'd dream of something good. 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I took a one week break from writing fanfics because I've been really exhausted from school. I wake up at like 6:30 AM everyday, and I take naps when I get home. I also have some HW. Well, they're not that difficult and long, so I get to go on the computer for a few hours, but I don't really get to type my fanfics and I'm too tired to brainstorm. Hehehe~ ^^" But it feels good to be writing a story again. Hope you like this chapter. =)

-azn_nuABO14

GLOSSARY

Drivers License - You need to be 18 years old to get your driver's license in South Korea. In the story, Niel is only 17 years old, that's why Yoon Ji said that he's not going to get his license until next year (when he turns 18).

Gyeonggi-do - (or Gyeonggi) is a province in South Korea. It surrounds the city of Seoul.

Yoon Doo Joon - /in the story/ A friend of Niel and the son of a president of a famous company in South Korea. He's supposed to take over his family's company soon. /in real life/ A member and the leader of the K-pop group BEAST (B2ST).