Are You Really Going To Help Me?

0% Love

YOUR (YOON JI) POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I hate to think about the "arranged marriage", but it's stuck in my brain. While I was eating breakfast this morning, I didn't talk to my father at all. In fact, I stared at him in a mad way. He looked kinda scared. Then, he whispered something to my mother, he patted my head, and left for work. For some reason, tears just came out from my eyes at the moment he left. I cried really hard, and my mother sat next to me. She hugged me and said, "Everything's gonna be alright. Don't worry about anything."

I know that everything is NOT gonna be okay. Everything is gonna be RUINED.

 

When I came to school today, I was planning to tell my best friend, Yu Won, about my problem. I could've called her on the phone last night, but I didn't because I was still shocked about it. So when I got off the car this morning, I ran inside the school building. I knew I wasn't allowed to run, but I ran anyway. They never catch people running. My classroom is on the second floor, so I was running towards the stairs, but I bumped into someone. Guess who it was? If Niel is your answer, then you're right. When I found out that it was him, I ran as fast as I could. I'm pretty sure he didn't recognize me, but as I was running, I heard him yell "Yah!".

When I came inside my classroom, Yu Won was there. Her head was on her desk and she was trying to sleep as usual. Our desks are next to each other, so it's easy to talk to her. I poked her and she woke up.

"WHAT? I'm trying to sleep here." She stared at me in a cold way.

"Why are you giving me an attitude when I have such a big problem?"

"Okay. I'm sorry. What is it?"

I told her everything about the arranged marriage. Her eyes widened as I told her about it little by little.

"YOU'RE WHAT?! You're getting ma-"

I tried to calm her down but she was still in shock. "Shut up, Yu Won! You can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

"Of course I won't. You're the only friend I have. But do you know who you're gonna get married to?"

I was going to tell her who it is, but someone tapped me in the back. It was Lee Hye Ri. Her desk is just next to my desk. Her desk is on my right side to be exact, and Yu Won's desk is on my left side. Hye Ri and I get along well, but we're not friends. Sometimes, she's just really confusing.

"Hey, Yoon Ji. I want to show you a picture." Hye Ri was holding a picture, but she was sort of hiding it.

"Uhmm... Sure. What kind of picture is it?" I said curiously. What in the world is she going to show me? I actually don't care, but she's a nice person, so I don't want her to get sad or something like that. She finally showed that picture she was holding. And... It was Niel.

"He's so cute! Don't you just love him?" She said. I was probably emotionless when she showed me his picture. I took it from her and showed it to Yu Won.

"This is my answer to your question earlier." I told Yu Won in a low voice, so that no one would hear us.

"What? Really?! It's him?!" Yu Won was also trying to speak in a low voice.

Suddenly, someone in the classroom yelled, "Hey! It's Niel! What is he doing here, though?"

I looked at Yu Won straight in the eye, and our eyes widened. "Yah. He's coming toward you." Yu Won said in a low voice.

I closed my eyes for a second because I was really annoyed, and I took a deep breath. I thought that maybe I should just face him. And so I did. I turned my body around and hid that picture of him behind me.

I gave him a cold stare as he walked toward me. He just gave me a smirk. His friends, Min Woo and Dongho were walking next to him. I really think Min Woo is cute. He doesn't look mean at all, like Niel.

"Yah! Did you do that on purpose?" He said, trying to look cool and all.

"Did what on purpose?" I responded. I seriously don't know what he was talking about. I never did anything to him.

"You're pretending like you don't know anything, huh? You purposedly bumped into me. You even dropped something." He took out a keychain from his pocket. It was MY keychain. It says LEE YOON JI on it. Ohhh, why?! Why did I even buy that stupid keychain in the first place?! I've been having it for a long time, but it's the first time that it fell.

He threw my keychain on my desk. I stared at it. I didn't want it anymore. I just didn't. 

"You can have it if you want. I don't want it anymore." I said in a cold way.

"Why the hell would I want it??? Yah. You're hiding something behind you. What is it?"

Seriously, this guy was annoying me. That picture behind me is none of his business. Well, that picture WAS him.

"I'm not hiding anything. Can you just go away? This isn't even your class. Get lost." I think that was a bad thing to say. He actually tried to get the picture. He caught my wrist and tried to get it. And... He finally got it. He showed it to his friends and they started smiling like idiots.

"I knew you like me. I knew it all along!" He was smiling like an idiot. He was basically trying to embarrass me.

"It's... It's not mine! It's hers!" I pointed at Hye Ri. She didn't do anything, though. She just sat there, trying to look cute or something. "Yah! Hye Ri! It's yours, right?! Take it!" Even though I told her that, she didn't help me at all. I was really embarrassed.

"If it's hers, then why are you holding it and why were you hiding it?" Niel gave me that 'I Got You' smile.

"She was just showing it to me because she likes you!" I said. Then I crumpled the picture and threw it at Niel. That wasn't a very good idea. So, I just ran out of the classroom. I even heard Niel scream, "Get her!".

I ran as fast as I could, but Niel caught my wrist. He dragged me to an area where people won't find us. This time, it was just the two of us. Finally, he let go of my wrist. My wrist actually hurts a lot because he held it so thightly. "Yah. Did you tell anyone about it?" He asked me.

"About what?"

"About the marriage."

"I told my friend, Yu Won, about it. It's bothering me a lot and I just had to tell her."

"Why did you tell her?! And you think it's not bothering me?! I can't even sleep!"

"Well, I can't sleep either."

After a few seconds of silence, he looked at me straight in the eye. "What are we gonna do about it?"

"I don't even know." I scratched my head and looked at the ground. Suddenly, tears started coming out of my eyes.

"Hey! Don't cry! I'm... uhhh... I'm gonna think of a plan, okay? Let's meet up here tomorrow, before class starts."

I nodded my head. I was covering my eyes all this time. Suddenly, the school bell rang. Niel just ran off without saying a word. I looked around to get familiar with the place. I saw a big window and some unused lockers. Then, I started walking back to my class.

Is he really going to help me or is he just playing around?

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well, hello there again. Hope you like this chapter~ For the next chapter, I actually can't decide if it's gonna be your POV or Niel's POV, but I guess it's gonna be Niel's POV. I didn't add his POV on this chapter because it's gonna be way too long, so just wait for the third chapter. Is Niel really going to help YOU or is he just playing around? Hehe~ Just wanna thank my subscribers. ^^ Comments are much appreciated. Thanks for reading it.

-azn_nuABO14