Chapter 3: Chun's Flashbacks Part 1

My Bestfriend, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years had passed since she left, living life without her meant hell for him. Sure he has the money, girls, and fame, but one thing was missing, his best friend. For the past three years he has been struggling to cope without her by his side. But can he blame her? He can’t can he? If only… if only. Regrets come after; it is never before, if only he cared about her feelings… If only he managed to clear things up with her before she left. Wu Chun realised that he loved her back, it took him a month after Ella’s departure to finally realise he liked her. It was his ignorance that made him blind about his true feelings for Ella, he regretted everything that happened on that day, everything, until now, he wants to kill himself for breaking her heart, but he never lost hope that someday they will finally be able to see each other once again

Wu Chun decided to visit their old school; it was three years since they graduated high school. It was actually the memories that made him visit the school. The good old times, the times where everything seemed to be flawless, the times where he was happy, the times where she was there. Her silliness, her smile, her everything, she was simply amazing, yet he broke her heart.

When Chun was finally at the school, he decided to sit on a bench near the tree where he took Ella three years ago, the tree where he rejected her. The Cherry Blossom tree brought back memories he wanted to redo. The words he said that day, he wanted to take it all back. But it’s impossible, words were already said and done, but one thing is for sure, he wanted her back and he will do anything he can just to gain her trust again.

Chun started to reminisce the times when Ella left him, how he lived her life without her. How awful those memories were, but it all came back to him the moment he saw the school hall where Ella used to do her speech.

=Flashback=

Assembly...

The news spread quickly about Ella’s departure when it was announced that the school’s president officially left the school for personal reasons. Chun felt like he was stabbed a million times when he heard Ella left without even saying a word. It was already a week since they fought, he never thought Ella wouldn’t give him a chance to apologise. Last week went so quickly, he tried his very best to approach Ella, but when she sensed he was getting closer, she would walk away. He was confused as to why he felt uneasy; he didn’t love Ella why does it affect him so much? Maybe it was the fact that their perfect relationship was destroyed? He thought about that, but no, he felt it was something more, something that he just can’t seem to figure out.

The bell rang it was time for their first class. Hebe was in his class so he decided to sit next to her and ask her about Ella’s sudden disappearance.

“Stop pestering me Wu Chun, we have nothing to talk about” Hebe wanted to shut Chun up, she didn’t want to talk to him, yet Wu Chun just won’t take no for an answer

“Please tell me why Ella left, this is unfair, at least tell me where then?”

“I already said no didn’t I? Now stop bugging me and do your work, you might get me in trouble!”

He was disappointed as to how Hebe is reacting towards him. He didn’t talk to her all throughout the lesson because he was afraid that if he talked to her again, a slap from Hebe would be possible.

A few hours later, the bell rang, it was time for lunch, now was his chance to talk to Hebe

“Hey Hebe mind if I join you?”

“Whatever” Hebe replied unwillingly

“So can you now tell me why Ella left?” Chun hoped she would answer him this time

“Is that even a question? Why do you think she did?” Hebe replied mockingly

“So she left because of me?” Chun felt like the whole world just walked out from him.

“You broke her heart. Hope you’re enjoying your life now. It’s not like you need her right? Oh wait, poor you…you don’t have her to get girls for you anymore right? Tsk tsk tsk…Have a nice life Wu Ji Chun” Hebe again mocked Wu Chun then went out to find a more suitable spot to eat, away from Wu Chun. She lost her appetite the moment she saw him, she felt disgusted with his attitude. Hebe wanted to puke the moment he was near her.

‘Do you think I’ll make life easy for you Wu Chun? Like what best friends always say, you break my best friend’s heart I’ll break yours. Don’t expect me to easily give in Wu Chun, because believe me, your heart maybe aching now, but that’s not even half of what Ella felt when she finally discovered the truth. You deserve it you BASTARD’ Hebe cursed under her breath when she finally settled into a perfect place for her to eat peacefully.

==============================================================================

Days, weeks and months passed so quickly, Chun did not even realise it was almost the end of the year and just a couple more months, their done with high school. In the past few months after Ella left, Chun was a changed man, he wanted to prove to Hebe that he can change and Ella can trust him again. Chun stopped all the useless things that made Ella leave him. And as what Chun had planned, Hebe was indeed impressed on how Chun changed.

One day, Hebe was walking quiet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter