Chapter 2: Ella's Flashbacks Part 2

My Bestfriend, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT A JERK! I’m really starting to wonder why I like him, I mean what’s so great about him, he might be handsome, tall, smart and everything but he’s not that interesting” Ella confronted Hebe Tian, Ella’s girl best friend.

“Elle, don’t you even realise that you have already answered your question as to why you like him? You said he is handsome, tall and smart, that’s the answer Ella, for a man that has those qualities, it is very normal for a girl to fall for him.”

“Why don’t you like him then?”

“I’m abnormal I guess… anyways at least you told him already Ella, what was his reaction?”

“Nothing, he said he loved me but only as a friend” Ella said as-a-matter-of-factly

“Something’s fishy, usually a boy would be surprised if a girl suddenly told him she likes him, unless…”

“Unless what?...” Ella is starting to feel weird now. She knows that even though Hebe is weird sometimes, most of the time her assumptions were always right.

“Unless he already knows you do but he just stays cool so it wouldn’t ruin your FRIENDHIP” Hebe made quotation marks on the Friendship word which made clueless Ella confused.

“I still don’t get you…you don’t have to emphasize the word Friendship…you know we have always been the best of friends since we were 5”

Hebe was getting annoyed now ‘Why is this girl so slow…why can’t she see that, that bastard is using her?’ Hebe said in her thoughts “Well, that was Wu Chun before, but do you think he is still the same Wu Chun now? Ella a child is innocent, but do you think an adult is?” Hebe tried to give Ella a hint.

“What are you talking about? Can you please get to the point Hebe Tian! Don’t you know I’m going insane here?” Ella kind of knew where this was going…but she wanted to know if Hebe thought the same

“OH DAMMIT! Ella can I bang your head on the wall?!?! HE’S USING YOU FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I thought you were smart enough to understand! Ella, he is using you, he is using your FRIENDSHIP. Why do you think he asks you to get girls for him? It’s because he has the advantage of doing it because you two are BEST FRIENDS…it’s too obvious Ella yet you still don’t understand it do you? that’s because you are blinded because of Love, the so called LOVE you are giving to him by doing whatever makes him happy… you call that LOVE Ella? It’s called being IDIOTIC and STUPID your…”

“STOP! STOP! STOP! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ANYMORE! I DON’T WANT TO...” Ella cried…she have had enough…she wanted to just cry it all out…Hebe felt guilty for what she had said but she knew it was for the better. Hebe wanted to tell Ella soon enough that Wu Chun is not the same Wu Chun they knew before. Although Hebe only met Wu Chun when she was 13, she saw how Wu Chun changed through the years. Chun was a good man, he was innocent, he truly was…not until he turned 15. He started to hang out with the school’s bad boy Aaron Yan and from then on, Chun wanted to fit in so he did the same things Aaron did. Drinks, girls, money, being popular at school, the old Chun died out and Hebe detest Aaron for that.

“Hush Elle, I’m really sorry I had to say that, but really Elle, you should stop, I don’t want you getting hurt in the end. Wu Chun is changed, you know exactly why right? It’s because of that bastard Aaron Yan..ugghh! If it wasn’t for him Chun wouldn’t change!” Hebe tried to console Ella, ha-ha yeah console, as well as mentioning Aaron Yan.

“Thankyou Hebe, but I still think that Chun hasn’t  changed, he is still him, changing is a part of growing up, and stop blaming Aaron, he’s changed as well, changed for the better I mean, I don’t see him drinking anymore, he’s a good man, he was still younger back then, you should try and forgive him for whatever he did to you Hebe” Ella wiped her tears, she was sure the old Chun was still there, it’s just that he was turning into an adult that made him change. Hebe on the other hand wanted to hit Ella for bringing that topic up. She remembered how Aaron broke her heart a year ago. Hebe and Aaron dated for atleast 6 months, but even though it was only for a while, it was very precious to her, she treasured everyday she was beside Aaron, until now, she still hasn’t moved on, she tries to, but only ends up falling for him all over again.

“Whatever Ella, that bastard can go to hell! And why are we talking about me and him? Ella we need to talk about your problem, you’re always crying because of Chun, if you’re sick of it, SO AM I! Do you think it’s easy for me to just stand there and watch you cry because I can’t do anything about it?” Hebe hissed at Ella.

“I’m sorry Hebe, it’s just that I love him too much, I try to get over my feelings for him, but it’s just not working. Hebe if it makes you feel better, do you think it’s a good idea to spy on him? Like make him drunk or something so he can tell me the truth?” Ella wanted to know the truth, it was already enough for him to say that he doesn’t like her more than a friend, but if being the best of friends for all these years are all lies, then forgetting him shouldn’t be so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter