Chapter 13: New Beginnings

My Bestfriend, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Someone’s POV*

I glanced at the people coming in and out of the airport as I carried my luggage down to the custom’s area. “Thank you” I politely said to the person who assisted me in carrying my bags, these people are so kind I guess it’s a good sign for me. This day is going to be great ‘HELLO CHINA! MISS ME?’ I thought to myself as I breathed deeply inhaling China’s fresh breeze. I made my way to the limousine that was waiting for me and politely greeted the chauffeur. I hopped in and chose a comfortable seat to sleep ‘I guess seeing my cousin would be great right?’ I closed my eyes as I drifted off to dreamland. I slept throughout the ride to catch some energy. Being a jet-setter is so much fun!... and tiring for that matter...

After an hour of slumbering, I realised that we have arrived when the limousine came to a stop. I rubbed my eyes to clear up my vision and saw my auntie waving at me from the wide windows of their mansion. ‘Whoah, she’s gotten big’ that was the first thought I had in mind when I saw her coming out of their humongous door, very rude I know. I waved back, hopped off the limousine and ‘handsomely’ wore my sunglasses, too cocky? Don’t worry, I was born cocky, though I can be a real gentleman most of the time. Auntie ran towards me and hugged me tightly, I missed her so much! I hugged her in return “Auntie Charlene! How have you been? I missed you!”

“I’m good! How are you my most favourite and most handsome nephew! I missed you more, you’ve grown up so much!” She kissed me in the cheeks and retreated from the hug. I saw Uncle Wu standing behind us so I offered him a handshake and greeted him.

“How are you Uncle Chase? Thank you so much for this opportunity, I will work hard” I smiled at him as his face formed into an impressed one

“I am good Jiro, and it is a pleasure to be working with you in future”

Yep, Jiro is my name. Let’s start off with a brief introduction shall we? I am Jiro Wang, one of the richest sons in all of China. I am the son of Calvin Wang and Angela Wang, the owners of the famous Wang Co, a subordinate of Wu Co, and our relative company. Wang Co is a part of the big time companies here in China. Wang Co, Wu Co, and Chen Co are called the ‘big 3’ due to its vast investments. From supermarkets, gasoline stations, to hotels, even the most luxurious beaches in the world, it is owned by the Big 3. I would say that Chen Co is slightly above us, the great Ellen Chen and Edison Chen are two people that I adore the most

“How are your parents?” Uncle Chase added

“They’re doing great uncle but Wang Co is giving them a headache. I want to take this chance to be able to expand my knowledge about business, I want to explore more and learn more from you uncle and most importantly, I want to help my parents. I want to officially take over their place as soon as possible so that they can enjoy their twilight years” I chuckled, haha ‘twilight years’, sounds so clichéd.

“That’s right son! I know you’ll do well. We d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter