Chapter 19: Challenge Accepted

My Bestfriend, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re done for the day!” Ella stretched sideways while standing up and smiled at Jiro who was watching her with glee. She suddenly noticed something in his gaze that spiked up her curiosity. Ella raised her brow as she began to question him. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Let’s go on a date”

Ella choked on her own saliva while Chun who overheard Jiro’s sudden request jumped out of his seat to re-join his two colleagues. Selina followed along pulling a bored expression at Ella.

“Are you serious?” Ella cupped in shock. Jiro looked at her and stood up from his seat. As he approached Ella’s body, he suddenly leaned in to touch her face. Chun practically ran towards the two making Selina frown. ‘She’s at it again. Stealing everything away from me. Just you watch Ella. Just you watch me step all over you when the time comes!’ she thought while crossing her arms.

“Hey! This is a workplace. What the hell are you two doing?” Chun pulled Jiro’s shoulder away from Ella.

“Jealous much?”

“N-no what are you talking about?” Chun stuttered.

“I should be the one asking you that. What are you talking about?” he grabbed Ella’s hands “I was only going to tell her that it was a joke and that I only wanted to have a coffee with her” he laughed earning a punch from Ella.

“Dadong! You scared me to death!” she touched her chest to calm down her anxiety.

“Scared or disappointed?” he leaned in once again with a teasing smile. Ella immediately slapped his face away from her teasingly triggering Chun to stare at them with disgust.

Jiro smiled at his cousin and let go of Ella’s hands. He encircled his arms to Chun’s shoulder while patting on Chun left shoulder using his left hands. “You and Serefina can join too if you want”

“Uhmm correction” Selina cleared “It’s Selina thankyou very much” she rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, Serina can come with us too for a welcome party!” Jiro then cupped Ella’s hands and pulled her along with him “Come on slowpokes!” he gestured to them with his hands as the two figures followed along with them.

===================================

The smell of the sweet scent of coffees brewing from the counter surrounded the atmosphere as they arrived at Starbucks. They each picked a seat and settled comfortably.

“Wah! Starbucks is just amazing! Right Elle?” Jiro stared dreamily at his Americano and sipped it lovingly.

“Yep! It’s both our favourite right?” Ella said and giggled why Jiro nodded in response.

“It just proves that were best friends right?” Jiro proudly declared.

“Yeah, definitely!” Ella high fived Jiro and stared at the two bored human beings across them. “Wow, you two look like zombies. Are we really that boring?” she questioned.

“We’re not bored, we’re very bored” Selina said and flicked her hair away from her face.

“You could’ve just said no if you didn’t want to come. Good grief, why make such a fuss abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter