Chapter 23

Unconditional Love

 

 

“There …. There’s nothing serious right?” Minho hesitantly asked the doctor who was now in front of him with a frowning expression.

 

Dr. Kim placed the file on the table and looked at Minho. “Mr. Choi, can I ask since when you started to experience this?”

 

“About the headache?” Minho asked and he nodded. Minho turned elsewhere and sighed. “Ever since I was conscious, but at first I don’t think that there was something wrong about it but from time to time it turned worst and getting severer especially the past week until now. Not just only that but I found myself was a bit sensitive to thing for no reason sometime and now even throw up frequently.”

 

The doctor took a deep breath. “Well Mr. Choi, after your test was done it’s shown that …. You really have a problem. And it’s so serious.”

 

“Serious problem?” Minho uttered under his breath, it was hard for him to admit the doctor’s word. Sweat started to wet his forehead.

 

“You got a blood clot in your brain after suffering a concussion from the accident. The symptoms weren’t shown up since you were in a coma for months but it started to give you hints after you wake up. The problems may be missed because you didn’t tell us about your condition in the first place when the first headache attacked you.”

 

“I …. I’ve never thought that it’d be getting serious.” Minho answered, he rubbed his face before looked straight to doctor. “So what should I do then?”

 

“You have to undergo major brain surgery as soon as possible. You cannot prolong since it’s been months after the accidents or so it’ll become your life threatening.”

 

 

Minho sighed deeply when he remembered about the doctor last word few days ago. He was trying to close his eyes to sleep but seemed like the sleepiness didn’t visit him at all. He was so worried that today Sulli many times caught him was suffering with that disease symptom and he couldn’t bring himself to tell her the truth right away. Lying maybe wrong for him to do in the first place but if it’s the only way he won’t be able to see that apprehensive look on Sulli’s face so he had no choice but willing to do it, the least not yet for now because for another reason, he already formed a plan in his mind to do something about this.

 

Minho slowly his side and was welcomed by Sulli’s sleeping face neared him. She was in his arm, sleeping peacefully. Minho smiled at her angelic face was glowing in a dim light inside their room, he caressed her smooth cheek softly and carefully leaning down to peck her forehead.

 

‘A little more Jinri, just hang in there a little more. Soon we’ll find the perfectness of our future that we’re looking for. I love you.’

 

 

It was already 12:30am, without Sulli and Yoogeun was aware, Minho cautiously went out from the room. In his hand was holding a white envelope. He went down to the counter after pouring a glass of water and sat down on the stool. He actually fished for luck, wishing he’d be success. A satisfied smile was visible on his lips when the luck was actually on his.

 

“Appa!” Minho stood on his feet upon seeing his dad was out from his study room.

 

Mr. Choi was a little surprise to see Minho was there. He glanced at the clock. “Go up to sleep, it’s already late.”

 

“Interested to have a drink with your son?” Minho said, instantly ceased Mr. Choi to enter his room.

 

 

Minho took an empty glass and poured wine into it. He gave it to his dad.

 

“You don’t?” Mr. Choi asked when he saw Minho didn’t have wine in his glass, instead it was water.

 

“No. Temporarily I forbid myself to touch it.” Minho responded making his dad frowned and then out of nowhere Minho chuckled. “Don’t you think it’s kinda awkward for us to have this calm conversation without cynical words? It’s so strange for me actually.”

 

“I know because I’m not a good father to you.” Mr. Choi said that there was a tint of bitterness buried in his voice. He sipped his wine. “So what you want to talk this late? And why?”

 

Minho chuckled again. “For just a son simply want to have a nice conversation with his dad need a reason? Likely you still haven’t change Appa, so cold and hard to approach.” Minho sighed. “Fine, let’s start from my life then since I guess you barely know about it.”

 

“Maybe it was before because now I think I have quite much stories about your life.” Mr. Choi opposed as Minho looked at him with a knitted brows. “That girl told me a lot about you.”

 

“What?! Jinri!” Minho burst out his small laughter, his face was plant with a tender expression. “Wah, my girl is amazing. Appa, you just gave me another reason to love her even more than I am now. So for now I guess I should narrate you about my love life then since I know that Jinri surely never getting near to this topic.”

 

Mr. Choi jerked his head a bit when somehow he felt bitterness between his words.

 

“Do you know that Jiwon and I used to date before?” Minho continued but no smile existed on his face.

 

“What? You two what?” Mr. Choi surprisingly questioned his son.

 

Minho etched his side lips upward a bit, eyes glued on his glass of water and played with it. “We were secretly going out for 3 years but maybe fate played with us back then or should I say we hadn’t matured enough, eventually we ended up falling apart 4 years ago.”

 

“That was why she suddenly went to study abroad? Whatever reason behind your break up, why didn’t you chase after her?” Mr. Choi snapped up his voice and then he narrowed his eyes. “Don’t tell me that, that woman was the third person who penetrated your relationship?!”

 

Minho took his deep breath before looked at his dad. “Jinri had nothing to do with this. Yes, there was the third person between us that time but not Jinri. Everything has already ended. Jiwon and I are history, so I don’t think I have to dig up that story and detail it to you now.”

 

“Ok I won’t ask you but I want you to rearrange your life. To be honest, even if I start to have a slightest soft spot for that girl but Jiwon is still my priority wish for you to choose her. You used to date, meant that you once loved her and I think your feeling is maybe still there.”

 

“Yes I did but it already vanished ever since Choi Jinri entered my life.” Minho said. He could see his dad was trying to hold his temper. He chuckled. “You know what Appa, actually you were the one who brought Jinri to me. And … I really thank you for that.”

 

“What?” Mr. Choi raised his voice a bit broken loose but Minho was still with his tender expression.

 

“It was started when you out of nowhere arranged me a marriage with Jiwon and that was when I and Jinri were collided. I’ve never though in the first place that I end up fall for her miserably like today.” Minho said with a sweet smile on his face but didn’t fail to notice his dad’s expression turned stiff and he knew he may already assessed out something which no need for him to tell it straightly.

 

“You deceived us by using her?” Mr. Choi blurted out in unbelievable. He then let out a chuckle before gave a shot of his wine in one go and slammed it on the table harshly.

 

“She healed me, Appa. I bet you didn’t even notice how miserable I was back then after I failed with my first relationship. But when Jinri appeared, she changed my life from a mess to delight. I learned to love again, learned to value everything around me especially I could see what I had wasted myself for years in broken heart.” Minho said as his dad stayed silent, listened to him all along without saying anything. Minho then continued. “She gives me lots of strengths and loves that I need the most. I love her so much. I know I’m being irresponsible if I say this but truly that I’d rather die if I cannot have Jinri walk together with me toward our future.”

 

“You’re totally crazy.” Mr. Choi mumbled as he suddenly stood on his feet but Minho stopped him before he was able to take a step.

 

Minho also stood up and put the white envelop which he brought along into his dad’s hand. Mr. Choi was quite shock when he witnessed Minho was drowned into a deep of emotion. No tears in his eyes but it showed everything that he was in sadness and plea.

 

“Appa, I really want nothing from you aside from your consent and letting us get married. Please believe me that I chose a right woman. For now maybe you still have thing against her, even though much or less you already admitted how beautiful her personality. But for your son, she’s perfect no flaws, she’s my everything that I cannot live without.” Minho paused and bit his lip. He lowered his head and closed his eyes for a moment. Minho then took a deep breath, he opened his eyes and stared at the envelope before it landed back on his dad who was now waiting for him to continue.

 

“In this envelop will clear you what I meant earlier. Right now, I’m very afraid that I might leave everyone behind, especially Jinri and Yoogeun. But Appa … if you give me hope by giving me and Jinri build our family lawfully, I’ll promise that I absolutely try to fight for it till the end. I won’t give up my life easily.”

 

Without letting his dad had a chance to utter a word, Minho left him there and went straightly upstairs, leaving him alone with the envelope in his hand, totally in confusion of what Minho had said. Mr. Choi wasted no time to be continued in daze, as his hand quickly fished the papers out from the white flat container. His eyes instantly widened as he almost couldn’t support his weight.

 

Inside the envelope were a will paper engraved Choi Minho’s last will and testament. But what almost gave him a heart attack was the analysis paper from the hospital, identified about Minho’s serious illness.

 


 

Minho was stirred in his sleep when he heard some sound of the baby’s gurgle and coos. Eyes snapped opened and what the beautiful view greeted him in the fresh morning was the sight of Sulli was having a great time playing with Yooguen who was now lying on his back beside him. Minho let out his satisfied smile, hearing his son’s cute giggle. He quickly moved his body on his side and gave a deep morning sniff on little boy’s cheek.

 

“Good morning, baby.” Minho spoke in his husky voice and before Sulli was able to greet him first, he pushed his upper body up a bit and stole a sweet kiss from Sulli on her lips which she gladly accepted it. “And good morning, Mommy.”

 

“Good morning, Daddy.” Sulli greeted him back with a shy smile. She looked down back on Yoogeun and held his both tiny wrists. “Our mission is accomplished, Yoogeunnie. Daddy woke up now.”

 

Minho chuckled as in instance Yoogeun heard his voice he then jerked his head to sideward and met with his dad’s soft feature. Wanting to enjoy his tummy time while looking at Minho at the same time, the little boy quickly rolled on his stomach, holding his head and chest upright.

 

“Wow! My boy is so energetic in such morning.” Minho made a baby voice talking to his son. Sulli on another hand smiled tenderly, admired the unique connection between the dad and son. “Ok, what is my little boy wanting from daddy now?”

 

Sulli smiled and then sat up, patting Minho’s she said. “He wants to tell that you will miss your breakfast if you still stick on the bed. C’mon get up to take a bath and go downstairs to have breakfast.”

 

And before Sulli was able to be out from the bed, Minho quickly sprung up and d Sulli on her waist from behind, pulling her back with him lying on the bed on another side oppositely from Yoogeun.

 

“Yah!” Sulli uttered almost inaudible when Minho’s arms tightened around her waist, sending her a warm sensation running through her body. Sulli felt a hot breath was brushing on her nape as she knew that Minho was smiling.

 

Minho then let go of one hand from Sulli, turning back to pull a stack of pillows and placed on the right side of Yoogeun, prevented him from falling. “Sorry baby, can you play alone for a moment? Daddy will bond with you later after earning a tasty energy from Mommy first.”

 

But Yoogeun didn’t even looked at him instead he was busy to move his toy and shook a rattle curiously alone in his own world. Minho smiled. “Good boy.”

 

“Are you trying to continue your sleeping?” Sulli asked as his hand was now already back hugging her. “Everyone is only waiting for you to start the breakfast.”

 

“Just stay like this for 30mins more please. Umma won’t be angry at us.” Minho responded while savoring Sulli’s scent. He kissed her nape, travelled to her semi exposed shoulder. “You’re sweet and smell good, Jinri. God! Are you trying to tempt me in this early morning?”

 

Sulli felt goosebumps, she shrunk inside his arms as the pleasure he gave her kicked in instantly. She tried to avoid his lips by moving her head back but wrong move when Minho had a chance to lean in and kiss her lips deeply. A few seconds later, he pulled apart as his hand uplifted to caress Sulli’s cheek. He didn’t smile but still had that soft expression on his face. Sulli felt bothered all of sudden while trying to read it. She then turned her body around to face him fully, still she was in his arms.

 

“What’s wrong, Minho?” Sulli asked gently when she felt something wrong behind that expression.

 

But then Minho just laughed lightly, somewhat relieved Sulli’s worry a bit. “Just want to thank God for giving me a flawless angel to admire without getting tired every day. My future wife is so beautiful. I must admit how I’m totally crazy because of you.”

 

Sulli turned blush and bit her lip. She smiled before gave Minho a bold action by giving him butterfly kisses all around his face before lastly ended with a locked lips. “I love you so much. What should I do now? Because I don’t know, how will I survive a day without you?”

 

Upon hearing her word, Minho felt bitterness spread inside his heart. Guiltiness was emerged. He immediately hugged her so tight, placing his chin on her head. “I’m not going anywhere. I promise I won’t, babe.”

 

Sulli smiled contently while deepened her face inside his chest.

 

After staying in this position for like minutes, Sulli slowly pulled herself away to look at his face.

 

“Should we get up now? Your dad is waiting for you to have breakfast together.” Sulli said in smiling.

 

Minho furrowed his brows while staring at Sulli. “He’s waiting for me?”

 

Minho took a bath while thinking about him and his dad conversed yesterday night. It made him somewhat sensed what will happen when Sulli told him that his dad wanted to have breakfast together. Mr. Choi was never like this before, he always choose to eat first or even sometime didn’t give a care to the meal which is laying readily for him as he leaves for work immediately. So now it’s only mean for something seriously he wants to do later.

 

Minho let out a chuckle before leaving his room.

 


 

“What’s gotten into you today, Daejun?” Mrs. Choi asked her husband with a smile after settled down on her usual seat. “It’s not like you that wanting us to eat together. Don’t you rush to work today?”

 

Mr. Choi heaved a sigh at his wife’s remark then his eyes were dropped on Minho who was also looking at him. Minho little by little drew a smile at his dad. Mr. Choi just awkwardly showed his soft expression but didn’t ever smile. His eyes then went to an empty seat beside Minho.

 

“Where is her?” He spoke in a question to Minho and his wife.

 

“Who?” Minho asked back, in a tone of teasing his dad.

 

“Yoogeun’s Mom. Your Jinri, I don’t see her. Doesn’t she have breakfast?” Mr. Choi answered and acted if there was nothing wrong with his response.

 

Minho smiled. “It feels so good to hear her name from you, Appa. And I think you already knew why she isn’t here right?”

 

“I know but from now it’ll be different. Call her to join us.”

 

“Different? How?” Mrs. Choi uttered. She looked at her son but Minho just smiled at her with a shrug before moving himself up to bring Sulli, followed his dad ordered.

 

 

“Yoogeun is turning 4 months today. I don’t know what any gifts suit him at this age so I ordered some infant toys for him. This afternoon Mr. Park will bring them to mansion.” Mr. Choi said, earning 3 pairs of eyes landed on him simultaneously. But he just acting as it was nothing and continued speaking. “And Jinri, about the picnic you suggested our family going today, can we change the date. Well … I don’t think my schedule is allowed these days. Maybe next months, I’ll find time to free.”

 

Sulli confusedly looked at Mr. Choi, wanted to open and said something but no word was unable to escape. Joyfulness ran down her spin, blocked her speech. She then turned to Mrs. Choi, she saw her smiled meaningfully at her with a nod along with a thump up.

 

On another hand, Minho was staying in silence while watching Sulli’s every move and expression she had. She looked very happy. Tender smile showered on his face in every second he observed her. While he was hooked in fascinating view beside him and still enjoyed it so far, Mr. Choi suddenly talked again.

 

“Minho and Jinri, let’s talk later.” He said and then turned to his wife. “And you too, Yeobo.”

 


 

After the four of them gathered inside the study room, Mr. Choi walked to the drawer and took something out from it. He then looked at Minho and saw him widened his eyes, totally afraid of his dad might doing something he didn’t want him to do. Minho suddenly walked over from Sulli’s side toward his dad.

 

“Appa!” Minho mumbled. He pressed his lips together and slightly shook his head. Minho caught his dad’s hand firmly which was holding a white envelope, indeed the one who he gave him yesterday night. “Please!” He uttered again.

 

But Mr. Choi gave him a shaky head before released Minho’s hand from him. He walked passed Minho and directed to where Sulli was standing. He then gave her the envelope. Minho turned around quickly and hastily took his pace to them but he was a step late when the envelope already in Sulli’s hand.

 

“Appa!!” Minho raised his voice a bit, it made Sulli and Mrs. Choi looked at him wondering what was wrong with them.

 

“What’s wrong and what is that?” Mrs. Choi asked the father and son. Minho swallowed hard and turned to look at his Mom, his face turned pale all of sudden. “Minho, why are you--”

 

“Umma! I … I--” He cut his Mom’s word but only to stop himself abruptly when he heard Sulli uttered his name behind his back as he knew that she already opened the envelope. Her voice was trembly as at its peak of bursting out her emotion soon. Minho clenched his hands before turned around to meet Sulli’s eyes. As he expected, Sulli was in the verge of crying, her eyes were so red and there was a pool of tears inside. Minho pursed his lips and then shook his head.

 

“Jinri.” Minho whispered her name when seeing a single tear slid down from her eye to wet her cheek and only to realize himself later that his both sights also went blurry.

 

“Minho ah!” Sulli too whispered his name but to his confusion, she smiled and it turned more even wider when she reached her hand to wipe Minho’s tear away. “We did it. We finally found what we’re looking for, Minho.”

 

“What?” Minho even didn’t know himself that his voice was come out as a breath he exhaled. Minho’s eyes went down on Sulli’s hand that was still holding a paper. He then looked back on Sulli before grabbed the paper from her hand.

 

Shock yet excited, all were blend inside, something burdened him almost leaded him to lose his breath earlier was vanished completely. Instantly it was replaced by making his heart beating in joyfulness as soon as his eyes captured the line of the capital letters on the top of the paper he was holding.

 

'Marriage Certificate Application Form'

 

 

 


Updated! Thank you so much my dearest readers for always waiting. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Please forgive me if there were many mistakes there especially the health science related to Minho’s illness, I know it’s a bit off and sound illogical.

Love you guys <3

Till the next update……