Chapter 17

Unconditional Love

 

 

Minho pulled the chair of the dining table out for Sulli and quietly told her to sit down. But Sulli quickly grasped his arm.

 

“I don’t think I should sit, Minho.” Sulli said in whisper and sceptically diverted her eyes into the kitchen, where Mrs. Choi and Jiwon were inside, talking happily or occasionally giggling together such like daughter and mother-in-law were enjoying their bonding time together, at least for Sulli’s perception for now. That particular view, typically made Sulli felt upset and hurt inside somehow. “I’ll help them prepare the dinner.”

 

“Wait Jinri!” Minho halted her step, holding her arm before dragging her gently to settle on the chair. “Didn’t you hear Umma told earlier? Don’t try to touch anything else rather than sit down in one place.”

 

“But-”

 

“Be obedient, Mommy.” Minho cut her word while holding her shoulder and bent down. “Haven’t you noticed Umma’s expression just now? Actually, I think we should better follow for what she told for now. You know, whenever she has that crinkly forehead with that chilling expression I’m sure she must be had something to deal with us later or maybe she’s going to question this and that about something.”

 

“Question?” Sulli alarmingly looked at Minho with wide eyes, her creepy gazes were thrown to Minho. “What is she gonna to ask us? Oh no, can it be …… Minho! What if she knows about my-”

 

“Hey hey, it’s okay, Jinri. I’m just saying it out and btw Umma won’t know anything about that.”

 

“But he’s in Seoul.” Sulli anxiously argued in very low tone. “I’m afraid that he might be gone to meet her in these days and said something horrible related to me about ……” Sulli stopped herself abruptly from continuation when the terrible past was evoked in her conscious mind. Sulli shrunk down at her seat trying to cool down.

 

                                                                                                        

“Oh Jinri, are you okay?” Jiwon exclaimed as soon as she came out from the kitchen and saw Minho was kneeling down while hugging Sulli, more like he was trying to appease her into a calm plight. Jiwon put the soup bowl on the table and approached them. “OMO! Why are you crying? What happened?”

 

“She’s okay, Jiwon.” Minho took place to reply while Sulli quickly got rid of her single tear before putting a smile at Jiwon. She and Minho stood up together. “Jinri just got the moody as in mood swings. You know, we can’t help it since that is very normal which arming right on pregnant woman. There’s nothing serious actually.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about, Minho?” Mrs. Choi who heard their conversation stepped out from the kitchen, said out aloud and also joined those 3 with a daunting expression. She directly looked at Minho and then Sulli, austerely. “Do you think I’m dumb enough not knowing what you’re hiding from me? If so you’re wrong. You two owe me an explanation.”

 

 

 

In the dining table area, sooner was filled with laughter from Minho, it louder enough to cover a slight sound of a sigh of relief from Sulli.

 

“So you get mad at us and out of nowhere carrying your anger coming here it’s just because of we didn’t tell you about Jinri was hospitalized?” Minho asked his Mom, somehow it really made him no longer felt threatened at the possibility about Jinri’s certain premise earlier. Laughing was just a way for him, using to release the high pressure causing from his Mom. Minho exhaled and slumped on his chair. “Aigoo Umma! You shouldn’t scare us just because of that.”

 

“Just because of that what??!!” Mrs. Choi clicked her tongue in displeasure, throwing her son a sharp glare. “Are you considering this just a trivial issue? Okay, you are messing up with my nerve, son. I’m angry at you because my grandchild once was in a danger but I had no idea about it and instead hearing this bad news from you, I was told by Jiwon. Thanks to her, that I came to know your well-kept secret.”

 

With that Minho and Sulli simultaneously focused their gazes on noiseless Jiwon. But much to Sulli perturbed, She caught Minho and Jiwon locked eyes. Her right ear soon enough made aware of a soft chuckle came from the man beside her. Sulli was also witness they both were exchanging smiles and Jiwon made a gesture shrugging her shoulder to him, likely they were enjoyably communicating through their eyes contact. This plain sight was slightly drowned Sulli in agitation.

 

Sulli uneasily smiled back at Jiwon when the lass finally could get a notice that she was also here for all the while when Minho and her, were playing that nonverbal staring session just a moment ago. Sulli was even sensible a pair of big brown eyes at her right side settled on her but she cared less to put any attention on him. At this moment, Sulli felt sudden irritation on him especially perceived there’s something wrong came from the girl in front of her.

 

“I’m very sorry, Auntie.” Sulli bowed her head down in polite apology. “We just didn’t want you to worry much since it wasn’t serious anyway.”

 

Mrs. Choi nodded her head. “Umm, I can let that slide for now as you’re sitting here completely okay. But Jinri, for how many times I’ve told you don’t ever try to tire yourself. You’re now in second trimester, you might be aware of some physical changes from head to toe and especially your frequent emotional switch and if you are not careful enough neither take care of yourself better, those troubles might be easily strike you. So to avoid the presenting of such problems just let everything in Minho’s hands, all you must be doing are rest and sleep.”

 

“Neh Auntie. I will.” Sulli answered with a pleasing smile, feeling touched by her concern. Don’t know why but all of her negative thought, thinking that she might hate her because of the consequence, in instance was vanished like a smoke and filled with the sweet word from Mrs. Choi, even enough for her to forget the upset feeling of discomfort images that Jiwon and Mrs. Choi were sharing earlier. But sadly not with the unpleasing moment of Minho and Jiwon, it was still lingering in her head.

 

“Okay Umma. You can just nag at me but please not Jinri.” Minho butted in, earning another glare from his Mom. “Stop glaring at me, Umma. I just activate my duty and following your word, let everything on Minho and so those unpleasant terms should be thrown on me. What if you make us become a parent of a mulish child who is such a nag?”

 

“Yah!!” Sulli quickly rewarded him a scold in whisper and kicked lightly on his leg, warning him to stop playing nonsense joke with his Mom.

 

“Wae?? Logically, I wasn’t wrong right? In your condition, you shouldn’t have such a resentful feeling which can be affected your pregnancy.” Minho argued back with a grin but before Sulli could stop him from continuation, he spoke again to his Mom. “Umma, next time if you want to come over, can you at least give me a call first? Not that I’m not welcome you but just make us be aware beforehand, avoiding some of my business is happened for nothing.”

 

Sulli confoundedly opened her eyes wide while Mrs. Choi and Jiwon looked at Minho in confusion. Sulli gulped hardly while staring at him, alertly to shut his mouth up, but looked like he didn’t even give a damn care to look at her back.

 

“C’mon Umma, you don’t understand it? Okay, I mean it’ll be easy for me to adjust the time to finish with what I’ve already started fluently, well….only in case you want to visit us when we--- OUCH!!!” His sentence was finished by a gasp of pain.

 

To sew his mouth tight, Sulli had no choice but to kick him hard on his leg under the table.

 

She put a warning smile at him. “You were talking too much, Minho. It’s dinner time, Auntie must be hungry by now.” Sulli then switched into a sweet smile yet polite to Mrs. Choi. “Why don’t we start to dine, Auntie? It might turn cold if we left them a little longer.” Sulli eyed on the table with a wide smile. “Wow, it look so delicious. Thank you so much for the meal, Auntie.”

 

“Yes, so let’s eat then.” Mrs. Choi stated.

 

Sulli noticed the man beside her stayed mum and even didn’t bug to start eating yet. She looked at him and there she was kinda regret to meet with his eyes. A big smirk was displayed obviously on his face and he even mouthing some naughty word to her. Minho saw Sulli was blushing like mad and he knew if he stubbornly didn’t stop there, definitely sooner another kick would be considered as another reward so he quickly ended it with a shrug of his shoulder along with a sweetest smile flashing on Sulli, leading Mrs. Choi who was present at the scene instantly rolled eyes before released her chuckle.

 

But to their unknowing, they almost forgot that Jiwon was with them entire time. Watching and listening with an unreadable expression in surface yet inside was like a volcano which was nearly to erupt anytime soon.

 

 

“Right Jinri, never heard you mention about your parent. Where are they now? At your hometown?” Jiwon opened the conversation while they were in the mid of dining.

 

“Oh!” Sulli halted to chew her foot, suddenly saddened at Jiwon questioned her out of blue yet she still tried to put a smile but before she could answer, Minho cut in.

 

“They were gone to better place now.” Minho answered and turned to smile at Sulli, gave her a solace that he’ll always be there with her.

 

“Oh I’m sorry Jinri.” Jiwon apologized but inner side was contrary. She then continued. “So aside from them, do you have any other relative in Seoul? Well ….  Like Aunt or Uncle?”

 

Sulli instantly dropped her spoon on her plate, causing a loud sound startled the other 3. Her lips were slightly trembling as her hand started to feel damp and hid them under the table. She looked at Mrs. Choi. “I-I….” Sulli was startled when she felt a warm hand belong to Minho was placed on the top of her and then held it gently to free from anxiousness.

 

“No, she doesn’t have. No one, there’s only me is her family.” Minho once again replied Jiwon, but this time he looked at her with a straight face yet stern. “Why are you suddenly so curious about that Jiwon? It’s not like you, that you seemingly interest of the other people affair.”

 

Upon hearing Minho’s word, Jiwon hardly tried to release a chuckle as like she wasn’t affected but she already was hurt her pride. “I’m not curious or even interest but I am just asking.”

 

“Just asking, doesn’t mean that you don’t interest. And you also don’t know that for the other, they’re willing to answer or not when your question is not appropriate one.” Minho felt Sulli’s hand squeezed his as a signal him to abort but he just couldn’t stop yet. “Please Jiwon, can’t you just stay silent and eating peacefully without those nonsense questions?”

 

“Hey, it was just normal questions. Why are you over reacting like that Minho? It’s not like the simple answer would hurt her right? And btw I asked Jinri though and not you, Minho. Are you a little too much?”

 

Minho exhaled and eyes elsewhere as he admitted that he was kinda over reacted just now but before he could utter a word, Mrs. Choi intervened.

 

“Okay enough! And Minho, Jiwon was totally right. You were reacted out too far for just a simple question and you can’t just hurt her feeling with your word because of that. Btw I don’t see what she asked wasn't appropriate question. As a friend, she just worried about Jinri.”  Mrs. Choi shook her head at her son and then gazed at Jinri. “Jinri, are you okay?”

 

“Yes I’m fine, Auntie.” Sulli replied and turned to face Jiwon. “I’m sorry Jiwon. Please understand, Minho didn’t mean to have you resented. He might misapprehend that I may be felt upset at your questions about my late family, but truly I’m not.” Sulli tried to turn her feature into a kind expression, though she was still disquieted.

 

“Okay now let’s end this inconvenient situation and finish the dinner, shall we?” Mrs. Choi drew to a close with a nod, when the other 3 agreed.

 

 

 

“Let me help you.” Minho said and took the dirty plates from Jiwon’s hand.

 

“No, you should go to accompany Jinri and Auntie enjoys the tea.” Jiwon dryly replied and snatched the plates back from his hand and put them in the sink, ignored Minho existence and started to wash them. “Go, I can do that alone. I’ll quickly finish and leave as soon as you want.”

 

Minho took a deep breath, right now he totally felt bad about the bad consequence earlier. “Are you still mad at me?”

 

“No!!” She curtly denied.

 

“Look! I’m very sorry, Jiwon. I just got carry away, didn’t mean to hurt your feeling with my cynical word.”

 

“Do you sincerely apologize, Choi Minho?” Jiwon halted her work and stared at Minho. “So ….. Are you ready to receive your punishment?”

 

“What punishment?” Minho knitted his brows staring back at her but soon later he was catch up with her intention. “No Jiwon, I’m not playing.”

 

But he couldn’t back off on time as Jiwon tossed out the foam directly right on his face. She then laughed contently and even stuck her tongue out at him. Minho just stood stiffly there in shock hadn’t taken up what was happened yet but soon enough he burst also out his chuckle.

 

“Yah! You’ll regret doing this.” To revenge, he quickly grabbed Jiwon’s wrist, took a full of foam in his hand and then spread it on her face as well.

 

“Yah, it’s unfair.” Jiwon lightly yelled at Minho with a pout while her hand trying to clean her face. “You froggy. Oh no, my eyes!”

 

Minho stopped laughing and immediately walked closer to Jiwon. “Hey, is it hurt? I’m sorry.”

 

She bent her head down and kept rubbing her eyes nonstop. Minho saw that he held her chin up and made a blow into her eyes not realizing how closed their faces were, how intimate they were staying.

 

“I’m sorry, so how is it now? Is it still hur-” Minho cut his own sentence abruptly when his eyes were fallen on Jiwon’s and his mind quickly registered that only a very short distance they weren’t attached.   

 

He saw her lips were stretching in a slight smirk and little by little it was coming directly forward. When it proximately closed enough that their lips were inch apart, Minho just then was aware that Jiwon was in attempt to kiss him. But at this moment Minho couldn’t bring himself to move nor pushed her away until finally their lips finally met and Jiwon started to move her action, slowly encircled her arms around his neck.

 

Minho didn’t bug in his place, not that he welcomed her lips and wanted to participate the kiss, contrastingly he was extremely taken aback while widening his eyes in shock, discovering that they were not alone in the kitchen but with a woman of his life was witness them all along.

 

Sulli was standing about a few meters away from them, clutching an empty glass in her trembly hand, watching the man of her life was romantically kissing with another woman right in front of her.

 


 

Sulli was sitting on the couch by herself while caressing her belly, doing some sweet conversation with her unborn baby. She firstly thought herself was all alone at that time but not until she felt a pair of arms came from nowhere surrounded her shoulder from behind. As in alarm of crossness, Sulli quickly released his hands away from her and stood up. She turned around and looked at him with impassive expression.

 

“I’ll go to sleep now. Good night.” Sulli said tastelessly before she left him there, finding her way toward her room not even gave in a charge to hear his desperate word of him calling her name, coming out with a heavy sigh.

 

Ever since the incident few days ago where she saw him and Jiwon shared a kiss, she always tried her best to forget everything that she badly want to get rid of, but those images were still fresh, always clearly appeared in her mind. Although, Minho many times gave her nonstop explanation but Sulli still hardly found her heart to listen to them and convinced herself to look at him. One side of her, she did believe him and already forgave but another side was not easy to forget. She couldn’t just pretend to be okay in front of him.

 

Yes, she definitely trusts Minho but tbh she never feels secure when that woman is around.  Kim Jiwon was really something.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

For the nth times, Sulli was heard this again and again phrase and this was for the third nights already that she was sullen, giving Minho her cold shoulder but this man was never get tired to tail her around and begged for forgiveness. And there they were, sleeping in the same bed but Sulli was back facing him yet she didn’t ever resist letting her body stayed inside his warm embrace from behind.

 

“Jinri ah, please.” Minho desperately whispered but Sulli didn’t answer. “I’m very sorry. These 3 days are too much for me, you have never had idea what I’m going through, Jinri. Hell, I feel like I’m dying and already live in hell. Please stop babe, stop torturing me anymore. I’d really die in one day if you continue to be like this. I badly hate this feeling, the feeling of punishable fact which you keep ignoring me and push me aside when I terribly need you.”

 

“But she kissed you and likely you enjoyed that as well.” Sulli said, for herself she even couldn’t count how many times she already repeated that.

 

“I didn’t, I swear. God know how much I badly wanted to stop her since before the mistake happened but it turned out that I was very shock and unable to move when my eyes saw you behind. I am very sorry.” Minho tightened his hand around her, deepened his face into her nape. “I love you Jinri and I miss you so much. Don’t you miss me?”

 

His last sweet word pushed her heart to beat more even faster. Yes she admitted, she really misses him, damn much. Sulli turned around and made a faced to face.

 

“Did you still feel anything … when … when she kissed you?” Sulli asked almost inaudible, even it was slightly hurt but she still wants to get his answer. “Or is there some old feeling re-emerge when you two sharing it?”

 

Minho didn’t answer, instead he leaned forward and closed the small distance between their lips. His tender kiss was showing gentleness and full of affection. His hand caressed her smooth cheek before pulled away.

 

“Have I ever told you, your lips are such the sweetest thing ever in this world which I love the most? They’re so tempting like the fresh fruits which are just plucked from the trees. It’s like a torture to just look at but no chance to taste.” His lips curved into a smile when Sulli gave him a sulky frown. “And it’s sinfully addicted every once I own them with mine.”

 

“Yah! I’m serious here.” Sulli said and hit him lightly on his chest. “Or you just want to escape from my question?”

 

“Did I?” Minho chuckled. He her cheek and stopped smiling but his feature was still soft and warm to just look at. “No babe, there was no such a ridiculous thing that old feeling was re-visible. I was hurt and got enough from that painful history. Those were all vanished, it was completely evanesced ever since I gave my heart a chance to love all over again. Choi Jinri, I, for the rest of my life will never regret to fall in love with you.”

 

Sulli eventually could found her smile back. It became wider and wider all of her heart contented. “I miss you, extremely miss you so much.”

 

“Me too, more than you imagined. So please don’t ever to play this freeze out game anymore. This cruel punishment got me there, Jinri. I was almost out of breath.” Minho said.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be angry at you that long, but I couldn’t help myself either. You know, because of my pregnancy hormone.” Sulli took her deep breath and staring down playing with his fingers. “I definitely trust you Minho but not with Jiwon. I think …. She suddenly gets closer to us maybe for some other reason. is saying like this but her actions interpret otherwise. I don’t want to admit it but I just can’t help to not think about that.”

 

“Why I feel so good when someone is terribly jealous here?” Minho jokingly said, instantly earning a scowl from Sulli. He smiled and continued. “Don’t be tremulous, Jinri. Definitely, you won’t loss me to other women because my heart is always be yours. Whatever her intention is, she will never win against you. We will never be separate, Jinri. We won’t for the rest of our lives.”

 

Sulli stayed mum but she pushed her body crawling closer into Minho’s, she hugged him tight and deepened her head into his chest, trying her best to close her eyes even though sleepy didn’t seem to visit her yet.

 

‘I hope so Minho. I really hope so that we will be together for the rest of our lives, forever.’

 


 

Sulli smiled broadly upon seeing who was calling her. Hastily, she answered it.

 

“Already finish, Daddy?” Sulli asked as soon as the line was connected.

 

“Yes thanks to Key, I can leave early.” Minho answered from the other line. “And Mommy, are you ready? I’ll be there soon.”

 

“Seem like someone is so excited here?” Sulli .

 

“Of course I am and you aren’t?” Minho replied. “Aww!! I can hear the baby groans from her. How could a Mommy, isn’t excited to finally know her baby gender after he/she is living in her womb for over 5 months already.” Minho laughed, could sense that Sulli might be pouting by now. “I’m just teasing you, babe. Stop pouting, sadly I’m now far away, only if I be there surely I’ll kiss those lips.”

 

“Yah!” Sulli scolded.

 

“Okay okay, I’ll call you when I arrive. And don’t try to wait for me downstairs, arasseo? The weather is kinda chilly now and don’t forget to clothe yourself warmly. I’ll go now, see you later Mommy.”

 

Sulli smiled contently before cutting the line off. She stood up from the bed and walked to closet, pulled out a coat from it. She then sat down on the mirror table and did some touch up when only she heard the door was buzzed.

 

“Oh?! Don’t tell me he wants to play around?” Sulli mumbled at herself, staring at her phone which they just ended the conversation earlier. “Okay, let’s see what surprise you got there!”

 

 

“Hi, my lovely niece!!!”

 

Sulli totally froze in her place with eyes widened in fear. The person in front of her was none other than her step uncle, Jongho. Sulli clutched the doorknob tight with her trembly hand. Her body was shaky in just a split second this man was revealed at the doorway.

 

“W-What are you doing here?”

 

“I just give my niece a special visit.” Without permission, he stepped inside.

 

Sulli stumbled backward, her legs almost couldn’t control her weight. “Get out of here!!!” Sulli managed to put the authoritative tone even she right now was tremble in panic. “RIGHT NOW!!”

 

But Jongho dropped himself on the couch as if he didn’t hear Sulli. He rolled his eyes around the modern Unit. “Wow! You surely did a very good job there Jinnie, successfully catching such a golden treasure huh? I heard that he’s a hire of the Choi’s Empire, a best powerful family in South Korea.” He then stood up and walked to Sulli with his hands were clapping. He trapped her in between him and the wall.

 

“W-What do you want?” Sulli clenched her jaw. “Just get the hell out of here or I’ll call security right away.”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk …. You won’t win against me, Jinnie.” He said with hand uplifted to touch Sulli’s cheek but Sulli bravely pushed it harshly away. But he managed to squeeze Sulli’s jaw, forcing her to look at him. “Listen , you’re too fragile compare to me. I can easily squeeze you inside my palm. So what? If I want you right now, no one will able to stop me.” He sniggered. “Actually, it doesn’t consider I’m too late yet, right? I also want to try such a new taste, well pregnant woman?! Well, I definitely enjoy it so much.”

 

Sulli tears started to roll down, fear greatly flooded in her chest. She shut her eyes tight, wishing for someone come to rescue her from this brutal man.

 

‘Minho, Minho …. Please help me.’

 

Suddenly Sulli heard a groan came out from Jongho. She immediately opened her eyes and saw him was struggling down on the floor with another man was on him. He was stricken with many punches on his face. Sulli widened her eyes at his very familiar back of the man who was punching him.

 

“Minho.”

 

 

 

 

To be continued......


 

Finally updated!! Aigoo, I'm very sorry for taking too long. Tbh, I kinda lost passion of writing since I really miss Minsul very much and there is no their glimpse yet till now, it almost half of the year already. Omg!! Why it's so drought for too long like this? Hopefully in the near future there will be having such a bomb surprise from them. Minsul fighting!

 

Okay now back to the story, well be prepared my readers, angst might be appear in the next chapter forward. Well, Minsul might be facing some of rough roads ahead of them. Hopefully you'll still stick with the story till the end. Don't worry, there'll be a happy ending for them but for now .... well I can't promise :P

Lastly I'm sorry, if there were many mistakes there. And thank you so much for understanding and keep on reading and do feedback :)

Wish you all the best, my beloved readers. I'll update soon

Love you all <3