Chapter 15

Unconditional Love

 

Since many of you feel so (very) uncomfortable of Sulli's step-uncle's character, so I decided to change cos this role soon enough will appear again and I don't want you to feel disturbed. And so this chapter is still the same (just make some changes about new name and the errors). If you already read it, there's no need to reread again but for who haven't, please enjoy.

Thank :D


After paid for her baby’s toddler shoes, Sulli went back to the shoes booth which standing alongside the shop entrance, where the shop is located inside the Shopping Center. Since she lost the trace of where Minho and Jiwon went to earlier, Sulli decided waiting for them there. Although, she was euphoric at the sight of many lovely baby stuffs that simply relieved load of her stress which hassling herself for many days but aside from this, Sulli couldn’t free her heart to rest at ease about Jiwon’s presence. It should be her and Minho in the first place shopping together for their unborn baby. Sulli couldn’t help to escape from the bother feeling of displeasure with Jiwon being there with them and the way she obviously kept clinging on Minho. Can’t she be jealous? Of course she has a right to feel threaten.

 

Sulli sighed for the nth times and for trying to ignore this mental disturbance, she diverted her mind thinking about her baby instead. She smiled and fondling her small baby bump.

 

“Baby-ah! Today, are you excited seeing a lot of cute stuffs? Daddy said that you are and I think so.” Sulli exhaled. “For many months more, then you’ll come out to see this world and use all these cute stuffs. Mommy is trying to feed well and take care of myself so I’ll give birth to a healthy and gorgeous baby.”

 

Sulli drew out a blissful smile for the last time before she removed her attention to look around her finding Minho. But instantly her eyes only coincidently found a person that she wished never see again for the rest of her life. Fear began to eat her alive, her chest tightening almost she couldn’t breathe. In a split second, Sulli’s body became tense and trembling, the plastic bag dropped from her hand and she was struggling to find her way out of the place as soon as possible.

 

Sulli’s shaky legs found its way to the lady restroom but only unconsciously felt her arm was pulled around by a strong force. Sulli fearfully gasped in horror and almost died at the very first second of the scary face of her worst nightmare was right in front of her.

 

“Wow! It’s really you. I thought I mistook you.” The man said. He smirked and eying Sulli from head to toe. “Jinnie! You surely changed a lot after many years.”

 

Sulli quickly covered her both ears and stepped backward until her back was touched the cold wall. Jinnie!!! The very horrible name ever which she doesn’t want to hear it anymore, it was an only nickname that this guy always addresses her.

 

“D-Don’t c-come near me. G-Go away. Please go away.” Sulli said in quivery tone as she saw him slowly took his step toward her. But her eyes only widened in shock seeing that man was limping heavily as he moved. And before she knew it, he already stood in front of her.

 

“Aigoo! Am I scaring my niece now?” He said and chuckled jeeringly. “Tsk tsk …. I had never imagined that you’re afraid of me after what you had done to my leg.” He pointed his finger to his right leg.

 

Sulli looked at him with her puffy eyes with full of tears, she shook her head abruptly. “It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me, I don’t know anything.”

 

“Aww really? Did you that fast forget how were you so daring that time?” He said with his beastly eyes locked on Sulli which made her more even shuddering in her place. “Jinnie! You didn’t even adorn into a grown up lady but to my surprise you also became mature and especially …. Beautiful. But sadly I guess even your brain was also amended as well. Surely life changed, from a Busan ordinary girl turned into a swan after living in Seoul castle. So for my kindness, do you want me refresh your memory back to what happened 7yrs ago and how did my leg end up like this, my dear niece?”

 

“STOP!!!” Sulli yelled at him.

 

“Stop? Why do I stop after what you had done to me, .” He said thru gritted teeth. His eyes then spot on Sulli’s stomach. “Wait!! What’s this? Don’t tell me that you have belly instead of something else?” He chuckled cynically. “I don’t think your innocence is still reserved. Aish …. What a waste that I had no chance to get it but slipped it to whoever the bastard it is. But I thin-”

 

“JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!” Sulli shouted at him once again and even bravely pushed him away from her. She took the chance to escape from him but

 

“Jinnie, I don’t think that’s going to be our last encounter. Soon we’ll meet again. And who guess that we maybe can share something interesting together later.” He yelled at Sulli from behind with a big smirk still displayed on his lips.

 

When he was about to walk away from the place, there was someone stopped him.

 

“Who are you?” The man asked and eying a woman who was in classy apparel.

 

The lady crossed her arms and staring at him in disgust but she tried to not show it out.

 

“It doesn’t matter, who am I? But …..” She replied haughtily. “Do you have any interest to know more about the girl just now?”

 

That attracted his attention, he rubbed his chin while staring at her interestingly. The smirk soon enough formed on his thick lips. “Sure lady! How could I ignore a pretty woman like you sharing me such information?” He stepped a bit closer. “And I don’t mind either if you share to me as well about yourself.”

 

“Such a scumbag!!!…. Damn ert old man!!!” She murmured under her breath and rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

Sulli’s shaky knees trying to balance her weight, she then could see Minho was running toward her direction with a worried face.

 

“Aish Jinri! Where were you go-” Minho cut his word at the mid-sentence. He sweated hard as his heart started to race again but this time in fear. “Jinri, what’s wrong? Are you okay? Oh gosh, you look really pale. Don’t scare me, Jinri.”

 

Sulli’s figure was shaking involuntarily, typically as a result of frightfulness. She grasped on Minho’s arm tightly with her tremble hands. Tears were extremely running down from her eyes.

 

“M-Minho...I-….I….”    

                                                                                                                                                                        

But before she could finish her word, everything around her went blank and dark. Sulli instantly lost her conscious inside Minho’s arms.

 


 

Amber walked fast into the hospital’s corridor and finding Sulli’s room number, but only halted her step when her phone was suddenly ringing. She took it out and answered.

 

“Hello? Who’s calling?” Amber asked to the other line.

 

“Hello, I’m Lee Jonghyun. Err ….  And I’m Sulli’s friend, I wonder do you still remember me?”

 

With that Amber stopped and it took several seconds for her to remember. But it only made her frowned later. Where did this guy get her number? “Ah yeah, why do you call me, Mister Lee?”

 

“I’m sorry to bother you and to solve your curiosity, actually I got your number from Sulli. Well… I asked for your number from her since I should have called you instead if I cannot get in touch with Sulli.” Jonghyun halted a bit. “And now the problem is-”

 

“You cannot go through her phone and that’s why you call me to ask about her.” Amber cut him with a small smile stretching on her lips. No guess, this guy obviously likes Sulli. He seems so worried about her, just only to listen to his tone. “Umm … Well … Actually right now I’m at Hospital. And Sulli is now being hospitalized.”

 

 

 

Minho was staring at Sulli’s sleeping face in disquietude. Even though she’s lying comfortably on the hospital bed but still it couldn’t hide so well how bad condition Sulli was in right now. He then tidied the cover to envelop over her chest before he went out from the room. Minho sat himself down on the bench and leaned his back on the wall. Amber later on also came out and settled beside Minho.

 

“How long you’re going to keep it away from me, Amber?” Minho asked, his eyes still straightly forward.

 

“Err ….. I’m sorry. It’s what Sulli asked me.” Amber didn’t know what she should continue.

 

“Do you want to see me go crazy?” Minho said calmly and then he looked at her. “You don’t know how much I’m being torturing for the pass days seeing Jinri is in the pain by herself and I stupidly know nothing about what troubling her and how she feels. She’s pregnant, Amber. She’s not alone but carrying our child, she almost got me a heart attack when she suddenly passed out like that.” Minho looked away and chuckled. “I really don’t know what is in her mind right now, why it’s so hard for her to open up to me? What’s her problem actually which it can hold her back from relieving her stress with me? I don’t know but soon later, I’ll undoubtedly go crazy because of her.”

 

“Oppa!!” After minutes in silence, Amber brought a resolution in her mind as a result of consideration. “Let’s find a place to talk.”

 


 

7 Years Ago, Busan

 

14 years old Choi Jinri prisoned herself in her room while hugging her Dad’s picture frame in her chest and crying desperately. Choi Minjung, her Dad just passed away a week ago by car accident.

 

“Appa, please come back. Please don’t leave me and Umma alone.” Sulli whispered mournfully while crying. “I miss you, I miss you so much, Appa.”

 

Suddenly the door was opened and revealed her Mom in desolate look walked toward her who was sitting at the corner of the room. But what caught her attention was, there was a man was following her Mom from behind. She saw him smiled at her with the meaning she couldn’t pin it out.

 

“Jin.” Choi Daehyun, her Mom kneeled down in front of her daughter. She held her face and wiped her tears before pulled the little girl into her embrace. “Appa is gone. He’s gone to a better place now. Dear, you still have me. Umma won’t leave you. So please trying to stay strong, my daughter.” She finished her word choking up with her own tear as well. Mother and daughter were crying hardly while hugging each other yearning for their man.

 

“Noona!”

 

Sulli landed her blurry vision on that unknown man who moved near them and touched her Mom’s shoulder, showing condolence and comfort. He then covered them both inside his long arm. Didn’t know why but the touch of his hand sent her a slight of shivery feeling down to her body. Sulli felt sudden uneasy out of nowhere with the man’s presence.

 

Later on at that night, Sulli came out from her room and headed toward the dining table for the dinner. To her surprise, she found the man earlier was still in their house.

 

“Jin, let’s me introduce you my younger brother, Choi Jongho.” Her Mom said when Sulli sat down.

 

Sulli looked at her Mom in dumbfound. Brother? When did she have a brother? Her late grandmother had never stated before that she had a son.

 

“We’re not full or even half sibling but he’s my step brother. Your grandfather remarried with his mother.” Her Mom explained and there she understood. “So he’s your step uncle.”

 

Sulli innocently looked at him and saw he smiled at her with unreadable expression. “Uncle.” To show her manner, Sulli addressed him and gave him a polite head bend.

 

“You’re Jinri right?” Choi Jongho asked and Sulli nodded. “So I’d like to call you Jinnie since I find it suit on your adorable look. And Jinnie, you can just call me, Jongho Uncle.”

 

“Neh ….. Jongho Uncle.” Sulli said and set a small smile but in uneasy feeling.

 

“From now on, he’s going to stay here with us. So treat him well like a family, arasseo?”

 

It was like a bomb dropped on her at her Mom’s sentence. “But our house is so small, Umma. And beside we’re poor.”

 

“Jin, I know you might feel uncomfortable with the new member but …… but since your Appa is no longer around, it may be better if our house has another man rather than the two as a woman stay here alone.” She took Sulli’s hand. “Don’t worry dear, not too long you two will get along with each other. It’s just a matter of time.”

 

Sulli didn’t say anything but she felt not right at all of this step uncle around. She forcibly followed her Mom since she had no choice or even power to convince her Mom to change her mind.

 

 

Days had passed and jumped to weeks but Sulli still found no comfortable feeling with Jongho. Whenever she had eyes contact or having a mere touch, it always made her had a goosebump all around. And for the worst which made 14yrs old girl fear the most was the way he kept snatching the chance to have skin contact with her. These few days he always took advantage when her Mom was not around and attempted to touch Sulli here and there. And Sulli was trying her best to avoid Jongho as she could.

 

One day her Mom was very busy with her work as a waitress at a restaurant in the city and couldn’t make time to back home as usual. Sulli found her heart pounding in fear at the thought of only Jongho and her staying at home alone. So after school that day, she decided to not back home yet, instead she spent day time at the library until the dark crawled in and then she decided to come back home in the thought of that her Mom might already arrived but wrongly when she got home, the house was so silent and dimness inside. Sulli gulped for nth times before she bravely stepped in the house. Much to her relieved she noticed that there was no one in the house except her. Sulli sighed in relief and went to her room.

 

After took a bath ready, Sulli came out from the bathroom. Since it was just a small house so it had only one bathroom located beside the kitchen. But it was like a bombshell, when she found Jongho was standing in front the bathroom door with obvious smirk displayed on his face. Chill feeling cropped up on her skin. Those beastly eyes were eyeing hungrily at her. Sulli quickly stepped to the side.

 

“U-Uncle.” Sulli greeted him first before she hastily walked to her room but only stopped at the mid-way in a great shock and shrunk in her place when Jongho dropped his abusive word.

 

“I’ve never thought that those shabby clothes of yours could hide so well your smooth and white skin, Jinnie. Well …. Until I saw it by my own eyes that my little niece has such a perfect body in this young age.”

 

Sulli spun around with her jaw clenched tightly and reddish eyes. “You!!! You peeped in the bathroom when …. when … when I-”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk ….What if I did?!” He mockingly cut her and slowly stepped forward until he grabbed Sulli in his strong arms. “Jinnie-ah, stop rebelling, it’s no use and it only make you hurt yourself if you disobey me. C’mon let’s Uncle teach you some excited stuff and later you’ll addict and even ask for more.”

 

“No …. Please Jongho Uncle …. Please let me go.” Sulli was trying to escape from his arms and endlessly pleading but only crying in tremendous fear when was being covered by his palm at the same time she found her back was already met with a soft mattress.

 

NO….. This monster was trying to her. Sulli was striving to escape but she couldn’t win over this insane monster. She cried helplessly at the disgusting feel of his hand was groping all around her pure body.

 

“Jin, Umma is home.”

 

It was like God on her side when her Mom was home on the very perfect time. Jongho stopped his brute action abruptly and covered more even tighter.

 

“!!!! Don’t you dare to shout or even tell your Mom! If I hear that you against me, surely I won’t mind my fingers are dirtied with your blood.” He sat up immediately and glared at her. “You heard me already?! I’ll kill you if something happened today leaking from your mouth.” With that he quickly went out from Sulli’s room and acted like nothing happened.

 

Sulli’s trembly hands tidied up her clothes into decency. She then buried herself inside a blanket and silently weeping by herself without someone could know her strong agony.

 

And since then this cruel reality started to born and hunted her days and night because Jongho didn’t stop there, Sulli was being torturing with the ual harassment and even was intimidated by his threat everyday behind her Mom’s back. Even though he didn’t her but the state of dirty thing of his hands intentionally roamed on her body was enough to leave her with the deeply distressing and worst trauma ever. From then whenever she saw Jongho, her mind automatically filled with huge funk and body involuntarily trembling in frightfulness and full of consciousness Sulli always hid herself inside her dark room alone.

 

Until a month later and in one night, it was raining like from a bucket. Sulli for umpteenth times made sure that her room was being locked securely. As usual she covered her body deeper into a thick blanket and trying to fight for her fear. Didn’t know why but she really felt so horrible that night and her instinct told her right. In the midnight she heard the clink sound from the door, she could perfectly knew that it was him who trying to get into her room. With her braveness yet with an awful dread, Sulli rose from her bed to her drawer. She opened it to snatch out a folding pocket knife with her trembly hand. She then shoved it into her pajama’s pocket before she went back to her bed.

 

“WHAT AR-” Sulli words was forcibly pulled back into when a big palm of Jongho enclosed tightly on . Tears started to sluice from her eyes.

 

“SShhhh ….. You do dare to shout, Jinnie!” His horridness voice rang into her ears. “C’mon let’s finish it quickly before your Mom come back.”

 

Sulli shook her head and cried hardly inside his locked palm. But Jongho just smirked in appetency and quickly began to her. Sulli tried of her best to grapple with him but in the end she couldn’t. How could a 14yrs old weak girl be able to win over this monster’s forced strength? Desperately no choice, her free hand sneaked into her pocket to take the knife out and in a fast movement Sulli rotated the blade and angrily stabbed him deeply on his hip. He released her immediately from his grasp.

 

“YOU DAMN !!!” Jongho yelled in pain after Sulli used her left over strength to push his body and ran far away from him with her shaky legs.

 

Sulli shook her head abruptly and looked at her palm which was dirtied with his fresh blood in frightfulness. “I …. I just defend myself …. I don’t know. I don’t know anything. You …. You deserve it.”

 

Jongho was struggling on the floor in order to stand up and caught Sulli but couldn’t make it and lost conscious on the floor. Sulli was more even trembling in great fear ever.

 

Did he die? No …. Did she just kill a person? At the same time the door suddenly was opened.

 

“U-Umma!!!”

 


 

“Nooooo!!!!” Sulli shudderingly shouted and opened her eyes. She found Jonghyun with a worried expression looking down at her. His hands were on her both shoulders.

 

“Sulli!!” Jonghyun released his breath in relief. “Thank god, you woke-…”

 

He didn’t even finish his word yet, Sulli suddenly rose up and crawling into his chest trying to find a shelter, freed her from affliction of her nightmare. Jonghyun wasted no time to react as he extended his arms to wrap around her. His hand consciously started to caress her back soothing her from sobbing.

 

“It’s okay, Sulli. It’s okay. You woke up now, everything gonna be alright.” Jonghyun said and tightened his hug. He felt his heart was beating like a mad maniac but somehow scratched with crabby feeling at the same time.

 

While Jonghyun was in the state of comforting Sulli in his arms, suddenly the door slid opened. Minho’s firm figure was appeared and simultaneously the two were aware of his presence and conveyed their attentions on him. Sulli alarmingly pulled herself away from Jonghyun and wiped her tears, as well as Jonghyun stood up immediately from the bed.

 

“Minho!” Sulli uttered faintly.

 

“You’re awake, Jinri!” Minho asked causally and walked closer toward her, he looked at Jonghyun, sending him with a slight bow earning the same gesture from the latter. Minho then turned to face Sulli and possessively placed his arm around her shoulder. “Nightmare again?!” He said while caressing her cheeks.

 

Sulli nodded her head and quickly hugged Minho’s waist and so tight as he cuddled her back in self-possession.

 

Jonghyun instantly looked away. He sadly felt pathetic at the thought of he was just a makeshift earlier. And now it was time to give back this place to the owner and the place where she belongs. Without the couple was aware, he silently left them with the broken heart …… all over again.

 

Minho perfectly sensed Jonghyun was left so he released her hands from his waist and sat down on the bed facing her. He sighed loudly and pretended to put a morose expression. Sulli suddenly felt guilty and shook her head to fight away his negative thought.

 

“D-Don’t misunderstand us, Minho. We are not like what you’re thinking. I-…”

 

Minho blocked her word.

 

“Yes! I’m jealous. And sooooo much jealous. How could I feel nothing, seeing you and my little angel were inside another man’s arms other than me?”

 

Sulli widened her puffy eyes and staring at Minho in astonishment but only met with his warm embrace instead. As soon as their bodies were attached, Minho shut his eyes and exhaled his breath, trying to keep his strong emotion tranquil. But not for his heart, it was lacerated by recalling the conversation of him with Amber earlier.

 

“I promised with Sulli that I won’t tell you about it ….. but seeing you like this especially Sulli, I don’t think I should keep it secret anymore.” Amber breathed deeply to expel her tension. “Sulli ….. Sulli ….. she has a deep wound inside her heart. 7yrs ago, she used to have an awful experience of ual harassment from her step Uncle.”

 

Minho tightened his hug on Sulli and clenched his hands. And after many seconds he then slowly released Sulli. He looked deeply into her eyes and leisurely leaned forward to kiss her forehead down to her nose and then her both cheeks. Sulli was still unable to speak with Minho’s action but only to urge closing her eyes later when she was well aware that Minho’s last attempt was on her lips.

 

“That time as a weak girlhood in very young age, Sulli helplessly had no choice but to keep everything in secret and hid it deeply inside her heart, not like she wanted but was menaced by that psychotic man.”

 

“And after 7yrs as she thought that her life would be freed from that cruel past but turned out that she was totally wrong. Sulli said that she saw him again in Seoul and there ….. her old trauma which she thought was faded, is came back intrude her again.”

 

Minho deepened the kiss more even sweeter, showering her with his affectionate passion which he was trying to eliminate all of her pain away. But to his dismay, he felt his chest was being pushed away by Sulli’s hands. His cheek was wet, not because of his own tears wet them but it was Sulli’s ….. She was crying as her sobbing could perfectly hear.

 

Minho pulled out, Sulli looked away.

 

“Sulli feels ashamed to herself and so she’s too afraid, that if you know about it, you’ll surely think that she’s dirty and disgusting. She cannot imagine what she will end up even you leave her as well.”

 

“Hey Jinri, look at me!” Minho gentled his voice.

 

“I-I’m okay.” Sulli’s voice was quivering, trying to suppress her sob but her eyes betrayed as tears were streaming down like it no end.

 

Minho sighed. “Have I ever told you that you’re really beautiful, Jinri ….. not only outside but also inside. You’re splendid in everything, as a perfect woman in my eyes, Jinri.” Minho said, earning a harder sob from Sulli.

 

“N-No ….. I’m not.” Sulli responded, rather losing control. “Perfect?! I have no right to own that beautiful word.”

 

“You have and deserve it, Jinri.” Minho quickly argued and holding her shaky shoulders. “I mean it like what I said.”

 

Sulli finally looked at him. “Are you sure? I may not that perfect like what you’re seeing right now, Minho. You only know about my present but ….. but ….”

 

“But not your past?!” Minho finished it for her, instantly shocked Sulli. “I know, I know it all Jinri.”

 

Sulli started to panic and grabbed Minho’s arm, afraid he might give her his back and then leaves her. She badly wanted to talk but she couldn’t fish a single word out from her heart, only tears challenged her nerve.

 

Minho hugged her. “Listen Jinri, you’re mine and only mine ever since you gave everything to me. I’m asking you to stop with the stupid thought you have. Please don’t ever doubt about my feeling for you, because there’s no day I’m going to leave you. I already promised right?” He then pulled out the hug, staring lovingly at her. “I’ll always be here and protect you so please stop scaring that psycho. If he shows up, definitely I’ll drag that jerk into jail. I’ll make him pay for what he had done unmorally to you.”

 

Sulli appallingly opened eyes wide. “No Minho. What if he hurt you? No ….. No I can’t let him touch you. He’s scary Minho. He’s so scary.” Sulli agitatedly said as fear began to crop up again, remembered Jongho’s fierce eyes.

 

“I’m not scares and I won’t either because ……..” Minho halted and dried her tears. “Because he hurt the woman I love, is like as he hurt me. So I’ll make sure as hell that you’ll free from this horrible distressing.”

 

Minho sealed his word with a deep hug before he kissed her affectionately, showering his love toward her over their kiss.

 

“I love you, Choi Jinri.”

 

To be continued.........


Thank you so much for reading and sorry again for many many mistakes there.

I'll update soon :D