Forced

Married

We walked side by side, without speaking to each other. I placed my cold and sweaty hands in my pocket since this is the first time we went out of the house together.
The staff greeted me as we passed by, glancing at our direction. No, mostly at the girl beside me. They have never seen me with another girl besides Sandara since I bring her to this hospital to get her treated. I think that sustaining her health-care problems is the least I could do to help Sandara.

"Are you sure you really won't go to work, Chanyeol-ssi?" She said breaking the silence between us.
I looked at her, unsure of what to say. Honestly speaking, I don't know why I suddenly decided to come with her either.
"Yeah," I said. "Of course I won't. Besides, this would be the first time I get to accompany my wife to the hospital." 
She smiled at me and continued to walk beside me, matching my pace.

*****
"Doctor, how's the baby?" I asked, as I went behind the curtain and saw her lying; Her stomach showed as the doctor put something on it and images of the ultrasound showed at the monitor.

"The baby's just fine, Mr. Park." She said. "But I'm afraid that I miscalculated...." It made me and Eun Hee nervous to the point that she jerked her head upright, looking concerned and shocked.

"W-what's wrong with my baby?" She asked, suddenly teary eyed.

I waited for the doctor's answer. She took her clipboard and jotted down a few things before turning back to us.

"Your baby is a girl," She said. 
I have to admit, but I'm kind of disappointed. I wished it was a boy, and I thought all this time that it would be a boy.
I could tell by Eun Hee's reaction that she was also disappointed, but she forced a smile and said, "It's okay. As long as the baby is healthy."

*****
The drive back home was silent. I knew she was disappointed, and so was I. But the fact wouldn't be changed, Right?
"Hey," I said breaking the silence. "What's with the long face?" I asked glancing at her quickly before returning my gaze at the road.
She shook her head in response and sighed.
"I wanted a baby boy." She pouted and crossed her arms.
I laughed at her behavior. I've never seen this side before and I'm glad I did. Little by little, I get to know her.
"What's wrong with a baby girl?" I asked. "You know, it's good if it's a girl then she'd get your genes." I gave her a thumbs up.
She gave me a shy grin, and nodded slowly.
"I just wanted a baby boy so...he could protect everything that he loves even when I'm not around." I could hear the sadness in her voice.
"When you're not around? How come?" I asked, suddenly nervous of what she's going to say.
"Nothing much," She sighed. "I sometimes think about the future, and...I don't know I feel sad." She tucked a loose hair behind her ear, and bit her lip as if she was hiding something. Was she hiding something?
"Why do i feel that you're lying to me?" I asked.
She bit her lip and was about to tell me something when my phone rang. I didn't pick it up. I waited for her to respond when she raised an eyebrow at me and said, "Chanyeol-ssi, your phone..."
"Tell me what is it first, it's fine, It can wait." I said flatly. I don't know why I'm curious about it, but something tells me that something is bothering her. And i need to know what it is.
"It sounds important to me," She said and I insisted that she tell me. But she is more persistent than  i thought.
"What if it's Park sandara? What will she think if you won't answer her calls?" Damn she's right. I felt annoyed by the timing of whoever called, so I grabbed my phone and checked the caller ID and indeed she's right. It was Sandara.
I swiped the homescreen, and waited for the other line to respond. 
"Oppa," She said a little too weak. My heart beated fast. What is she doing?
"A-are you okay?? Where are you and what are you doing?" I asked a little bit tensed since Sandara is suicidal. I have to check up on her as much as possible...
"Oppa, I hate you. I hate you for making me love you..." She mumbled. IS SHE DRUNK? 
"Park Sandara where are you??" I raised my voice at her, knowing that she'll tell me. But I was wrong.
"If you really know me, you'd find me." She hung up on me, making me throw my phone. She looked at me with startled eyes and gently asked, "Park Chanyeol, is everything okay? Does she need you now, I can—" I cut her off saying, "It's fine. Where were we?" She gave me another look that I can't comprehend until she sighed and lowered her head. 
"I—" Her words were cut off by another phone call. She reached for her purse and took her phone. Her eyes widened, and looked at me as if asking for my permission. I nodded at her and she quickly answered it with a smile on her face.
"Oppa?!" She grinned at no one. I was shocked to hear her saying 'Oppa' without hesitation, because when i asked her to...She really didn't want to which left a pang of jealousy to whoever she was talking to. But I could tell that she's happy.
"Why didn't you text me, then?" She whined. Normally, I'd think that it's cute...But i don't know. I feel irritated....
"Okay," She smiled and looked at the view outside. "Me? Uhhh I'm fine, but..... I'll tell everything to you when we meet, okay?" She glanced at me for a moment and looked away.
"I'm not busy," She said. And it offended me. I ditched work just for her, and now she'll leave me all alone. Yeah, that's my wife all right.
She hang up the phone and looked at me, saying, "Chanyeol-ssi, my...." She hesitated for a moment before finally continuing. "My friend from Japan came here and I'm wodering if—" I cut her off. I don't wanna hear any of it anymore.
"Yeah I know, since accompanying me isn't really important at all, and besides I have work." I said coldly. 
"I'm sorry, it's not what you think....It's just that...I heard how Sandara needed you, so...It's okay. I'm not even doing anything else after you drop me off the house." She scratched the back of her head, unsure of what to say.
And yet again, I realize that she's right. Sandara needs me, and why am I even acting like this? It's not like we're married because of love. I don't have any reason to get mad, do I?
"I'm not mad, it's just....I don't know. Just be careful, okay?" That was all I could say.

And we drove back in silence.

***

"Yah, Park Sandara. Answer your phone!!" I screamed in frustration as I dialed her phone.
"Mr. Park," The driver said. "Where are we going?" He asked, starting the engine. I didn't use my car since I had to call Sandara and look for her, and  I don't have time to park the car or stuff like that.
"Go to the cemetery." I said, ringing her phone, but still...No luck.
As we drove, I stared at my phone; Waiting for it to ring.

Before we separated, I asked her for her phone. She looked surprise and said, "What for?"
I rolled my eyes. "Do  i need to get your permission to take care of my wife?" 
She hesitated to give me her phone and I was reaching out my hand for it. "Well?" I said. Really, this woman could be annoying sometimes.
She gave it to me, and covered her face. Now I know the reason why she wouldn't let me see it.
I laughed so hard at the sight of her selca. 
"Yah, what's this?" I asked.
"It's me...." She said, her face a bit red. I didn't stop laughing until she grabbed her phone away from me. "I'm going now," She said without even looking at me. 
"Yah," I called out to her but she didn't even turn around. "Yah, stop." She hesitantly stopped and turned around. "What?" She hissed. At least she's listening to me...
"I didn't even get to put my number in your phone." I crossed my arms and reached out my hand.
She took her phone out and shoved it to me.
I tried my best not to laugh at her phone and I successfully entered my number.
"Here you go," I said and she snatched it, walked away, and didn't even bother to turn around even if I was calling her.
I didn't get her number.

"We're here, Mr. Park." The driver announced. I gave him my thanks, and left the car.
I wandered around the cemetery, looking for her when I heard someone crying. I followed the sound and there she was, crying in front of her parent's grave.
"S-Sandara?" I walked towards her. She didn't even dare look at me when she said, "Get away from me you liar." 
Confused, I sat beside her and as gently as possible, I asked her "What makes you think I lied to you? I never lied to you.."
She turned to look at me. Her eyes swollen from crying.
"Then why don't you tell me you love me, Chanyeol?"

Oh...So that's what she's referring to. 

"W-what's with the sudden question, Sandara?" I asked, looking away from her. Hoping that she wouldn't notice that I'm trying to avoid her question.
"Just ing answer me already!" I could hear the desperation in her voice and I pulled her in for a hug. She cried in my embrace.
"I...I do. I do love you." I said, biting my lower lip trying to brush the image of my wife away from my head. I knew deep down that I don't love Sandara. But I just can't hurt her. She's too fragile.


I want to apologize to you in advance. But you won't get hurt, right? Since we're not married out of love? But why do I have this heavy feeling that I don't want to see you get hurt any more than Sandara? 
I'm sorry I broke my promise. 
I'm not a good husband to you after all. Maybe it's time to end this.


****AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi you guys, sorry for the late update it's just that I have tons of schools to do and :(( I cry :(( t___t summer pleaseeeee :((