The meeting

Married


When I left for Japan, I thought everything will change.
I thought I would get over him, but I was wrong.
I actually wished for him to love me despite the fact that I left him.
Call it selfish, but...I'm really longing for him.


Walking around the streets of Seoul gave me a nostalgic feeling.
There had been a lot of changes...

My phone rang, and I saw that it was Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun?" I answered the phone. 
I didn't expect him to call me, and I wasn't wishing for him to call me. 
I'm afraid that I might break down, or cry.
He warned me. He knew what was happening and I didn't listen to him.

"Hey, you okay?" His voice was low, sending shivers down my spine.
"I'm okay," I lie.
"Why didn't you call me?" He asked, his voice filled with sadness.
"I'm sorry, I was just busy today." I said, as I walked towards a street shop with a lot of cute accessories.
"Okay," He said as he sighed. At the background, I could hear Jin Young's voice.
"Daddy, is that Mommy Eun Hee?" 
I bit back my tears.
Not only I have sacrificed my good life in Japan, I also sacrificed someone. Jin Young.
"Baekhyun, can I talk to Jin Young?"

"Mommy Eun Hee, please go back now...I miss you. Are you mad at me?"
My tears were running down my cheeks.

I miss Jin Young so bad.
I left the store and sat on a curb.

"Hi, Jin Young..." I said as I wipe my tears. "No, I'm not mad at you....Why did you think that I'm mad at you?" I softly asked.

I could hear her sniffs at the other line, making my heart ache.

"I think it's because I always tease you and daddy," She sniffed. "But if you come back here, I promise, I'll never tease you again." 

"I'm sorry, Jin Young..." I said, preparing myself. "I'm not going back anymore..."

There was silence.

I wait for the other line, and I could hear crying.
"What are you doing?!" I heard a voice. "Didn't I tell you not to talk to her?!"

It was Sora.

"I don't want you, stay away from me!!" Jin Young cried, and I heard footsteps and 
I heard a loud thud.

"J-Jin Young?" I asked, feeling nervous.

It can't be. 

Sora can't possibly hit her own child, could she?
"M-mommy Eun Hee, please take me away from here..."
And the line was cut.

"Jin Young! Jin Young!" I shouted.
I tried calling Baekhyun's phone again and someone answered it.
"Yah, will you stop calling now? You are such a homewrecker. See what you made me do?" 
"Sora," I hissed. "If you dare hurt her again, I swear to God that I'll—"
"You'll what?" She cut me off, making me want to punch her in the face. 
"You'll come back here? You'll take her away from me? I don't give a damn about that child anyway."

She laughed half-heartedly.

"You're a witch! How could you do that to your own child?!" I screamed at her, not caring if the people around me are staring at me.
"The only reason I decided to get pregnant is because I love Baekhyun. But because of you, he doesn't love me. Now let's see who's the witch." She said in a low voice.

"Screw you." I said, and I hang up.
I am so frustrated today.
I thought I'd be happy.
I thought everything I wish for would come true.

Why does the world hate me?

"Hey Ms.." A drunkard slowly walked to me. 
I rolled my eyes at him and walked away.
He grabbed my hand, and at my surprise, he was really strong.
"Yah, aren't you such a snob?" I tried to wriggle my wrist off his hand, but he's stronger than I thought.
"Let.Me.Go" I said as I glare at him.
He laughed and I could smell his awful breath.
"Now,now. I just wanted to have fun..." He said, pulling me closer to him.
I pushed him away, and he didn't even move from his spot.

"Let's start the fun." I heard an unfamiliar voice and I turned to see who it was.
It was a guy, dressed in suit, his hair was blonde, he was tall, and he could seriously kick someone's .

"Yah, who are you?!" The drunkard asked the guy.
The guy just smirked at him and gave him another kick on his thing making him yelp in pain.
"I'm just someone who happened to pass by..." He said.
The drunkard left, staggering.
The guy who saved me awhile ago instantly walked towards me and held my shoulders.
"Are you alright?" He asked.

I slowly nodded my head and he smiled at me.
"Ms, next time... Be careful around the streets of Seoul." He said as he winked. "You're not from here, are you?"
"I'm actually a korean, I just came back here today." I said.
"You don't look like a Korean to me. Are you Japanese?" He asked raising his brows.

"No, but I came from Japan." I smiled at him.
"Really? Wow, I must be a psychic." He laughed.

Strangely, I find myself comfortable with him.
For some reason, it feels like I know him.

"Who are you?" I randomly asked. 
He kicked a pebble and watched it roll away before facing me.

"I'm Tao." He said, reaching out his hand. "Nice to meet you..uhhh?" He reluctantly dropped his hand, looking confused that I rejected his handshake or because I was staring at him.

"Uh—Ms, is there something wrong?" He waved his hand on my face. 
"Tao as in Huang Tao? Tao the cry baby?" He looked confused, but he nodded his head.
"Tao?!" I immediately hugged him. "I missed you!" 
"Whoa there, woman." He said, gently pushing me away. "That's too much of a thank you." 

"Tao, don't you remember me? This is me, Lee Eun Hee!" I held his hands.
He stared at me, and his eyes grew a little big.

"Eun Hee?" He immediately hugged me and I couldn't believe how strong he was.
"T-Tao..." I said tapping his shoulder lightly. "I can't breathe." I said and he pulled away.

"I knew that saving you was right." He winked at me and I laughed.
"How are you?" I asked.

"Fine," He said as grabbed my wrist for a walk.
 "Been living my life in China great. I'm actually a police officer slash detective slash singer." He said while laughing.
"Slash a cry baby." I added and I earned a light punch on my arm.
"Yah! I am so strong now! I don't cry over a—" He stopped and he shrieked like a girl.
He pointed towards a cockroach and I laughed.
I stepped on the cockroach and eyed him.
"Strong you say?" I said and I walked ahead of him.

 

 

 

---------
We decided to hang out at a nearby cafe to fill in with each other.
"So how's being a police?" I asked as I sip my coffee jelly.
"So-So" He shrugged.
"So, what about you? Anything interesting?" He asked, sipping his coffee.
"Nothing much," I lied. I don't want to tell him about my ex yet. We're still warming up with each other.
"Baekhyun's married, by the way." I said, and he choked on his drink.
"That guy is ACTUALLY married?! To whom?!" His voice was loud enough to make all the customers stare at him.
"To you?" His voice was low and really scary.
I quickly shook my head.
I showed him a photo of Sora and he was so stunned, he cried.
"He grew up already." He said as he wiped his tears away.
"Shh, Tao. This is not the time for you to act gay." I said he shot me a look.

Before I could even mutter my apology, my phone rang.
"Eun Hee, I heard from Mr. Jang about what happened. Can we talk? Chanyeol's going crazy right now,"

Should I go?

"Okay, I'll be there in a few." I said and I hang up.

"Is there something wrong?" Tao asked me, and I shook my head.
"Nothing, a friend needs my help." I gave him a fake smile.

Yes, he's just my friend now.
Sooner or later, he'll sign the divorce contract and it'll be over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR's NOTE:

 

Hi guys! :) Thank you for everyone who ahs sticked with this story till the very end :)

This fic is about to end and I would surely appreciate your comments, subscriptions, upvotes, and suggestion. :)

 

 

 

Thank you everyone :)

 

I hope you enjoyed my fic ;)