Moving on

Married

I was in my room, packing all my things when I received a text from Baekhyun.

"I'll be going back in that house to fetch you in two hours? Or do you need more time?" 

That's what I like about Baekhyun. He makes sure that I am fine with everything. He always adjusts for me.

"Yes," I typed. "I need more time. Thank you." 

I went back to fixing my stuff when I saw a familiar ring on my desk.
I remember throwing it at him when I was about to run away.
I gently slid it down my ring finger, and realized that it's too tight.
"If only you knew, Chanyeol. If only you knew." I sighed as tears started falling down my cheeks.

"Eun Hee-Yah! We're home!" I heard eommoni's voice and I realized that I haven't told them about my miscarriage.
I went down, and welcomed them.
They were smiling at me, and believe me...I will miss them so much. They were like my real parents.

"Eomonnie, appa-nim. I want to tell you something."
Their smiles faded as if they noticed the look on my face.

==================
They were crying, as they hugged me.
No, I was also crying. 
"I'm sorry for not being able to protect the baby, eommoni!" I wailed and she shook her head.
"It's not your fault, Eun Hee. Stop blaming yourself. Please."

It is my fault.

I should have listened to him. 

I shouldn't have followed Baekhyun.

 

I shouldn't have followed Baekhyun when I know that the one I want is Chanyeol.

"I've decided," I took a deep breath. "To divorce Chanyeol." 
The thought made me cry harder. 

God knows how much I love Chanyeol, but it's just not right.
He has a girlfriend, and I'm just his accidental wife.
He loves me? 
Maybe he's just confused.
He doesn't even remember me.

The look of Chanyeol's mom and dad were filled with surprise, hurt, and disappointment.
"I love him, eommoni, you know that. But, it's not just right. We were never meant for each other. It was all just an accident."

Eommonie sighed and nodded. 
"But Eun hee, having a baby is never an accident." She gazed softly at me.
"It's god's will, Eun Hee. It's a gift, not a contract. Remember that."

She was right, but for Chanyeol's case...it's all a contract.

"Chanyeol," I sighed. "He's in the hospital." I looked down.

This time, Chanyeol's dad spoke. 
"We know. Baekhyun called us."

Baekhyun? 
How do they know Baekhyun? 

Just when I was about to speak, my phone rang.
It was Baekhyun.
I know that I'm going to leave now, but he can wait for a few more minutes right?
I rejected the call and faced Chanyeol's mom.

"Eomonnie," I said as I took the ring off my finger. "I want you to give this back to him. It must find its real owner." She gently took the ring from my hand and looked at me with pity.

"Are you sure about your decision, Eun Hee?" She asked.

I'm not, actually. 
I don't know how to start all over again.
I don't know how to move on.

I nodded slowly, convincing myself with my answer.

Chanyeol's mom hugged me tightly and whispered, "He loves you, you know? He's just too stubborn to admit it." She sighed.

No, he's just confused. 
That's all.
Maybe he feels guilty for me since he gave me a responsibility at a very young age.

I went to Chanyeol's dad amd kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you for everything, Mr. Park."
Tears were welling up in his eyes as he shook his head.
"Don't call me that! You'll always be my number one daughter-in-law."
I cried in his embrace and I slowly pulled away.

I made my way to the door, and quickly glanced at them.
I will surely miss them.
They look sad, but I can't do anything more about it.

This is for the best.

I opened the door, willing myself not to cry. But it didn't work.
Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I go to Baekhyun.
"Hey, You okay?" He asked as he pulled me into an embrace.
I pulled away and wiped my tears.
"I'm fine," I lie. "Let's go." I said, going to the car.

 

====
Chanyeol's POV:

"You ARE cheating on me, Chanyeol!" 
Sandara's voice echoed inside the room as she cried.
But it did not tick me off or anything, as if I was used to this.
"No, I'm not. She just visited me, okay? It's not a big deal." I said as I lied down, showing her that I'm not in the mood for this.

"Not a big deal? It's not a big deal for you, but for me it is!" She threw her bag on the ground.

"Then tell me," I said eyeing her. "Why is it that when Eun Hee is here, you always make her go away? Why is it that it's a big deal whenever we're talking? Why do I feel that you're hiding something from me?"
She looked away from me and wiped her tears.
"None of your business." She said in a flat tone.
"Then it's also none of your business if I talk to her. It doesn't concern you, Sandara." 
She flinched in shock and stood up. 
" you." She said and she stormed out of the room, leaving me pressing my temples.

I groaned in pain and stared at the ceiling.
What is her problem with Eun Hee? 

Now that I think about it, she's always acting weird whenever Eun Hee and I are talking.
It's not just about jealousy...I can feel it. It's more like, she's trying to interfere with something.

"Chanyeol!" My mom's voice interrupted my thoughts and she quickly ran to me.
"Umma," I said as I hugged her. "Why didn't you call me?"
She pulled away from my hug quickly.
"That's not the problem now, Chanyeol. Eun Hee, she's leaving!"

What?
But, I can't do anything about it can I?

"That's not my problem anymore, mom." I sounded sad. No, wait. I really do feel sad.
My mom scowled at me and spanked me.
"Yah, your wife doesn't deserve a jerky husband like you!"

I stared at my mom in disbelief not because I was spanked, but....what she said.

I have a wife?

"My son is so stupid to forget her own wife. Stupid stupid stupid." My mom cried as she pounded on my chest.

"What are you talking about, mom? I don't have a wife..." I said as I stared blankly at her.

My mom glared at me and gave me another spank.
"Oh, right...Since you're saying that when Eun Hee got miscarriaged, she's not your wife anymore? You ARE STILL married in the eyes of God and  the law, you stupid idiot!"

Wife? Eun Hee? Misscarriage?

And just like the movies, everything came flooding back in my head.
That night when I saw her running for Baekhyun, my feelings when Baekhyun called me and told me about Eun Hee being hospitalized, my sudden confession, and me being drenched in the rain.

How could I forget? It must have hurt her. 

I could feel my eyes starting to get watery.
And then it hit me, Sandara was lying to me and she was trying to make me forget about Eun hee.

The nerve of that woman.

"Here," My mom said as she handed me a gold ring. "She said she wanted you to have this and return it to its real owner." My mom gazed at me softly.
"Why did she return it? Why is she leaving, mom?" I said, almost choking on my words.
My mom stayed silent for a moment and then,
"She said she's going to file a divorce."
My whole world stopped, and my heartbeat faster.

Divorce?
She's really going to leave?
Not today, not when I confessed to you. I must know your answer.
I must find out if you love me too.

"When is she leaving, mom?" I tried not to cry, but I failed.
My mom looked at me with a sad expression.
"Today."
My heart felt like exploding from anger, hurt, and frustration.
Why didn't she say anything to me?
Why didn't she tell me that she's my wife?
Why didn't she tell me that she's going to leave?
"Where? Where is she going and with...whom?" I blinked back all my tears.
My mom was silent.
Somehow, I was dreading her answer. But I really need to know.
"Mom, where?! Tell me!" My voice echoed in the room and my mom flinched in shock.
"Yah! Don't you dare shout at me again! I don't know where she's going, but i know she left with Baekhyun."

I wanted to rip my heart out of my chest. What the hell? I'm her husband! She should stay with me! 

"I need to go, mom. I have to find her." I stood up, and I ran towards the door.
"Wait! The driver shall text you about Eun Hee! I asked him to follow her!"
I nodded and quickly ran out.

I quickly hopped in a cab, and gave him my home address.
I looked terrible.
I have to look at least presentable when I face her.

 

======
Eun Hee's POV:

"Are you okay, Eun Hee?" I was spacing out again.
I gave him a weak smile and slowly nodded.
I didn't want to worry Baekhyun.

I stared at my luggage and noticed that I only moved in with just a few things.
It's funny how we didn't have anything to remember each other by.
Wait, we have. Or should I say "I" have.
I quickly took my wallet out and stared at his photo.
Even when he's sleeping, he's still really handsome.

I remember how I sneaked into his room one night just to take a picture of him. He was wearing nothing but boxers, and throughout that time...I was as red as the rose.

"You must really love him, Eun Hee." He interrupted my thought, and I realize that he was staring at the photo I was holding.

I gave him a weak smile and slowly nodded.
I know that it would really hurt him, but I can't lie to him.

"I'm jealous...." He teased. "You never took a photo of me when I was asleep...Yah, what did he do to you?" He nudged my elbows and chuckled, lighting up the mood.

I instantly felt guilty. Yes, I was head-over-heels for him before, but not once did I try to attempt doing something like this to him when we were together.

"I'm sorry," I said and I shyly looked away from him.
He stared at me and knelt in front of me.
"Yah, it's fine. But can you promise me one thing?"
I stiffened at his sudden touch.
"Will you let me love you and forget him?"

Am I ready?
Will I be happy?
I have to forget about Chanyeol.

"Yes, baekhyun." I slowly nodded. Baekhyun instantly hugged me.

"Eun Hee!"
I froze.
No. It can't be.
I pulled away from Baekhyun's hug.

"Park Eun Hee!"
No, Chanyeol. Please don't. I hope it's not you.
Out of curiousity, I turned around and true enough, he was there.
He instantly ran towards me and hugged me.
"Please don't leave." 

No, Chanyeol. I have to. I must forget about you.

"I'm sorry," I said pulling away from his hug. "I have to go."
"But I lo—" I cut him off and pushed him away.
"Chanyeol, just go! Your girlfriend is waiting for you. Don't...come and see me again." He looked pained and I felt guilty.

I grabbed Baekhyun's hand and left him without saying another word.

"Flight number 0823 korea to Japan"

I have to leave.

I glanced to where Chanyeol was standing, and I saw that he's no longer there.

I'm sorry, but we're not meant for each other.
I have to start moving on.

I love you Chanyeol.

Goodbye.


I quickly threw the photo that I was staring at a few minutes ago.

Let's move on now, Chanyeol.