Returned

Married

I woke up, and reached for my glasses.
"Ah, hello Baby C!" I patted my cute little puppy at the back, who was quite comfortable on my lap. I picked him up and placed him on the floor.

Even if I moved into a small apartment, I can't help but think how empty my house is despite looking cozy. 
I felt lonely.

I sighed and prepared my breakfast.

Before I could even eat a spoonful of my cereal, my phone rang and I almost cried when I saw the caller ID.

It's Chanyeol's mother.

I reluctantly answered the phone, and waited for the other line to say something.
"Eun Hee-yah?" His mother's voice was hoarse as if she was crying. 
I miss that voice.
"Eomo--Mrs. Park." I quickly corrected myself.

"You can call me mother if you like. You know I treat you as if my own, right?" She sighed softly.

"A-are you okay, eomoni? Is everything all right there?" I asked biting back my tears.
As much as I don't want to face him, I can't help but feel really concerned about him. I haven't heard from him since he told me he won't sign the divorce agreement.
I haven't called him, and he hasn't either.

"If you're asking about him, he's not okay. He's having a hard time, Eun Hee." 
My heart dropped, and my heart beat slower that the usual. 
What happened to him?

"Wh-What happened to him?" I asked, almost choking on my words.
Tears were starting to fall on my cheeks.
"He needs you, Eun Hee. He really needs you." And I could hear eomoni crying at the other line.

I need to go back to Korea.

I have to see him.

 

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

I woke up in a hospital.
My head hurts, and I could see my mom talking on the phone.
"I'll call you later, Eun Hee." She said and I froze.

Did she just call Eun Hee?

"Mom?" I croaked.
My mom went beside me and hugged me.
"My Chanyeol, why did you do this to yourself, huh? Why are you trying to kill yourself?" 
I kept silent.

I know why.
It's because I love Eun Hee.
I'm going crazy just thinking about her.
I'm inlove with someone who doesn't love me back.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and I hugged my mom.

Before I could even pull away, I heard a knock on the door.
I turned to look at the person, and my face suddenly scowled.

"Can I talk to you, Chanyeol?" Han Jae Min said as she slightly bowed at me.
My mom must have figured out what was happening so she stood up, and kissed my forehead.
"I'll be leaving you two, then." She said and left the room.

"Chanyeol, I want to say that—" I glared at her, and cut her off. 
"Didn't I make myself clear that I do not wish to see you?"
She stood there, unmoved by what I said.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I'm really sorry. I know that you don't like me, but...you know my feelings for you." She started crying, and I felt guilty towards her.

I remember the day Eun Hee left.
I told myself not to love anyone else.
I promised myself that I won't make anyone fall for me.
And I failed.

"I know I don't stand a chance against her, but if you would care a little bit about my feelings then that would be enough."

I kept silent.
Han Jae Min is my new office secretary.
She's not just my secretary, but she's also like my friend there.
Whenever I'm stressed, she would always make me coffee even if I don't ask to.
She would always listen to my complaints about some of her colleagues, and she always does the job right.
She would listen to me whenever I feel lonely and think about Eun Hee.

I honestly feel comfortable around her, until she told me that she liked me.

Everything changed.
I avoided her.
I don't drink the coffee that she makes and I ask other people to make coffee for me.
Whenever she tries to talk to me, I don't let her finish.
I often ate alone and whenever she'll try to sit beside me, I always leave.

I don't really dislike her.
She's a sweet and honest girl, but...I have promised myself not to let any other girl fall for me.
I want to be loyal to Eun Hee and ONLY to Eun Hee.

But maybe Jae Min is different from other girls.

"I'm sorry," I sighed and she looked at me with sad eyes. "I have been hard on you." I said.

She sweetly smiled at me and shook her head.
"No, it's fine. I'm not wishing for anything, Chanyeol. I just wanted you to open yourself more to me."

I smiled at her, and she stared at me.

"What?" I asked, averting her eyes. 
"You should smile more often. It suits you." She said as she gave me a thumbs up.

I don't know why, but I found myself blushing.

"I'll get going now, Chanyeol. I must finish work. I just dropped by to apologize."
She bowed at me and smiled again.

It's the first time I realized that she's pretty.

No, this is wrong. I should be faithful to Eun Hee. 

 


Eun Hee's POV

"Why do you have to go back there and check on him??" Baekhyun raised his voice, which was rare. "Remember, he has nothing to do with you now, Eun Hee. What's the point of coming all the way to Japan to forget about him if you'll just go back in the end?"

"You don't understand, Baekhyun! He needs me. He needs me more than anyone else! I...I also need him." I cried.
Baekhyun's face was filled with hurt, anger, and disappointment.

"What about me? Don't you think that I need you too? Why don't you care about that?!" He was filled with rage, but I was angrier.
"But you have a ing family now, Baekhyun and I have none! He's the only one I have, and HE NEEDS ME. He's sick right now. I..I don't want to lose him." 

"Then we'll make a family. You, me, and Jin Young. I can always divorce So—"
"I still love him." I cut him off.
He stared at me with the expression that I can't understand.
"I still really love him, Baekhyun. No matter how many times I try to forget him, he just..i think I'm going crazy about him." 
I could see tears falling down Baekhyun's eyes.

Yes, it hurts.
But. I don't want to pretend anymore.
I don't want to lie to myself.
The one I want is Chanyeol. 
No one else but Chanyeol.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun." I said as I wipe his tears away.
"I'm sorry for making you hope for nothing. I'm sorry for hurting you."
He just stared at the ground as I hold his hand.
"Please forgive me, And let go of your feelings. I don't deserve that." I said and he backed away.
"Do whatever you want, I don't care anymore. Just don't go crying to me when you see him with another woman."
Without another word, he left me.

Twice you leave me but this time, it doesn't hurt anymore.
Thank you for everything, Byun Baekhyun.


-------------

"Omo, mianhae baby C. I can't bring you with me." I said picking up my dog.
"But don't worry, I'll return you to your daddy so that you won't be lonely. I'm sorry, baby C" I caressed my dog's back and gently placed him down.
--------------
I knocked on the door and waited for the housekeeper to open up.
"I'm busy so—" Baekhyun stopped midway, and stared at me.
"Hi'" I awkwardly said. "Uhh so I came here to return this." 
I reached for Baby C and handed it over to him.
"Thanks for the dog, I really appreciate it." I said and he just nodded.
"Uhh, goodbye. Baekhyun." I said and turned around and walked away from him.

"Wait," He said as he grabbed my arm.
I turned to look at him, only to see his sad expression.
"I can't really stop you, can I?" He asked, his eyes filled with hope.
I averted my gaze, and stared at the ground.
"Will you atleast say goodbye to Jin Young? She'll miss you." He said and I nodded, following him inside the house.

"It's not fair! I want mommy Eun Hee!" Jin Young whined at a very gorgeous woman infront of her.
I raised my brows at Baekhyun, and he just ignored me.
"Jin Young, Sora...we have a visitor." Baekhyun said as he pointed at me.

Jin Young jumped in excitement when she saw me, making me feel sad.
She quickly ran to me and hugged me tight.
"Hey, I missed you mommy." She said as she whimpered.
I was biting back my tears, but I have to be strong.
"Hey kiddo. I missed you too. But don't you miss your real mommy?" I asked pointing at Sora. 
Jin Young stared at Sora and she scowled.

"Look at her, isn't she pretty?" I smiled at Jin young and she shook her head.
"Mommy Eun Hee is prettier." I chuckled at her and looked at Sora, who is looking at me with a pained expression.
"Jin Young, Aunt Eun Hee has to leave..." I said, willing myself not to cry.
She looked at me curiously, and hugged me again,
"When are you coming back?" 

I turned to look at Baekhyun for help, but it seems that he's not willing to help me in this situation.
"I'm not." I mumbled, but enough to make her hear it.
She looked at me and cried.
"Take me with you, please!" She shouted, and I tried to calm her down but she won't.
She kept on crying.

Baekhyun scooped her up, and she wailed more.
"I'm sorry, Jin Young." I said as I cried.
Sora looked at me in disgust and envy as she strode off the room, leaving me all alone.

 


--------------

"Thank you for riding on our plane" The stewardess bowed to me as I gave her a small smile.

I'm now home.
Mom, dad. I'm sorry, even if it's late...Happy Death anniversary. 

"Excuse me, are you Lee Eun Hee?" A tall man in black asked me.
I nodded and he gave me his sweetest smile.

"Mrs. Park asked me to fetch you today. She also told me to deliver the message that she's sorry that she wasn't able to fetch you. She had an emergency meeting with a client. And she'll make it up to you."

"It's okay." I said, grinning. "Where are we going by the way?" I asked while he took my luggage with him.

"We're going to visit your parents." 


------------

"Umma, appa. Hi." I said as I knelt infront of their graves. I noticed that there were flowers infront and aome food offerings.

"The Parks have been visiting their grave since 2 years ago." He said, as if reading my mind.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because they're important to you that's why the Parks have been trying to please your parents by visiting their grave."

I smiled at him and he nodded.

"It's almost time to go," He said gesturing for the car.
"Where are we going?" I asked, and he grinned.
"Home."

-------------

The house was still the same, except for the new paint job outside.
As I stepped in, I realized how much I've been longing to be in here.
I walked slowly, as if scared to wake anyone up.
But the house seems empty.

"There's no one in here, Ms." A maid greeted me with a smile.

"Where's everybody?" I asked.

"Mrs. Park left for a meeting, Mr. Park is working abroad, and Young Master is in the hospital." She said with a frown.

He's still in the hospital?!

"Where's Chanyeol?" I asked.

And out of nowhere, Mr. Jang answered my question.
"we'll be seeing him in a bit." 

"We?" I asked, and he just nodded.


--------------

"We have arrived." Mr. Jang smiled and opened the door for me.

My heart is beating really fast, and I don't know what to do.
I don't know what to say.
I don't know how to face him.

As if reading my mind, Mr. Jang patted my shoulder. "He has been waiting for you for the last 2 years."

My heart ached.
He did love me.

I didn't believe him, and I left him.

I'm really cruel.


I reached the door where Mr. Jang led me, and I'm fighting the urge to just turn around, and leave.

But I have to see him.


I reluctantly opened the door, and I felt my heart being crushed.

He was lying on the bed. His eyes closed, and he was so pale.

What's worse than that is...

A girl whom I don't know is kissing his lips as if she had every right to do that.

I quickly ran away, and Mr. Jang stopped me.
"It's all a lie," I said, crying. "He doesn't need me anymore." 
I ran away, not knowing where to go.

I really thought he loved me.
Baekhyun was right. Chanyeol is now alrighy.
He doesn't need me any longer.

But I need him....

 

 

 

Hi, I updated :) ((it's actually still exams week for us but wth i wanna finish this already))


Your Subscription, comments, and Upvotes are HIGHLY appreciated. :)


Thank you. :D