Marriage

Married

Marriage is not as simple as you think. It requires responsibilty, commitment, and of course, love.

I have been married to this guy, the guy I loved dearly the moment I saw him, for 2 months after "accidentally" creating something he did not want. So here he was, forced to marry me... Judging from those cold eyes, I knew he didn't want to welcome me into his life, and I had no intention of barging into his life knowing that he already had someone he loves. For the sake of the child, I am willing to endure this kind of relationship.


"P-Park Chanyeol, you are home..." I said, averting his cold gaze. I notice that he was with someone. I look up and saw that it was her, "Park Sandara, hell-" Before I could even finish my sentence, there she was, kissing my husband in front of me. 

Seeing him gaze softly at her, made me realize that I really am the third wheel. 
"Yah, what are you staring at? Go to your room," He said, roughly pushing me towards the stairs. I bowed down, quickly walking away from the lovers. I knew I don't stand a chance against her. He loved her from the very start, even before he met me. 

On the way upstairs, I see my mother-in-law. A very sweet, and gentle lady. I liked her because she accepted me as if I was her own. That smile that could make up my day especially when Sandara's around. She knew what I felt about Chanyeol...A feeling that could never be returned. 

"Eomonim," I smiled brightly at her, not wanting to show a tiny bit of hurt to her. She stared at me as if studying me. She sighed, and went to my side, caressing my stomach.
"You know, when he grows up, I wish he'd be just like you." She softly said. 
"Why is that?" I asked her, almost mimicking her tone of speaking, and smiled at her.
"Because by the time that you won't be around, I'll surely miss you." Tears were welling up her eyes. His mother always wanted me. I don't really know why, but, I will surely miss eomonim more than Chanyeol.

***********************************************************************************

I was asleep in my room when I heard a loud knock on the door. Before I could answer, someone opened the door wide and came inside without any permission.

"Wah, what a room you have here!" She said, scanning the room and walking in circle. 
'How rude,' I thought.
"Yah, what are you doing barging into someone else's room? What do you want? Chanyeol isn't here." I said in a flat tone making her smirk.
"Whoa, a different face when Yeol isn't around? What a faker," I rolled my eyes at her remark.
She sat down beside me, and handed me an envelope.
"What's this?" I asked. 
She laughed as if the question I asked her was funny.
"Did you think that you could stay here for as long as you like, third party?" She crossed her arms at me.

I knew that I wasn't going to stay here. I knew that I'd leave this room, this house, and I won't be able to see him ever again.

"You don't have to do this," I said, returning the envelope she handed me. "I'm gonna leave as soon as I give birth to my baby."

"Who said that you're giving birth to the baby?" I was surprised. What was she talking about? 
"Wh-what do you mean?" I nervously asked.
"You know what I mean, don't be naïve." She said as she stand up and leave the room.

I hid the envelope, not wanting to open it and look what's inside.

I quickly went out of the room and head downstairs.

I ran towards the door, earning a nag from eomonim.
"Yah, Park Eun Hee! Don't run!" 
I quickly stopped, and bowed towards mother-in-law.
"Where are you going? Why are you in such a hurry?" Chanyeol asked, suddenly surprised that I was leaving for the first time.

I turned to look at him. Anger and hurt overwhelmed me. I couldn't take it any longer and I said what I wanted to say. For the first time in 2 months.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" I snapped, "Didn't you want me out of your life? Well guess what, I'm going to leave. Here," I said while removing the ring that I wore for the last 2 months and threw it at him. 
"You can never hurt my baby anymore! You can enjoy your life now! You can be happy now!" All my emotions that I hid for two months, escaped like the gushing water from the falls.

"I never meant to hurt our baby..." For the first time in 2 months, he looked at me not with cold eyes, but with sincerity which made me cry harder.

"PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!!" His father called from the outside. He looked shocked, knowing that he was in trouble.
"You are not a man, you lowlife." His dad hissed at him. "How dare you make your wife cry? How dare you!" He said as he went beside me, and caressed my shoulders.

"Appa-nim," I said smiling at him. "Thank you so much. I will never forget you and eomonim. When my baby is born, I'll make sure to show him to you and eomonim first." I said, while bowing at him. 

I quickly left the living room and went straight towards my room to pack my stuff. Sandara was right, this room and house isn't for me. I don't belong here. I don't own his heart and I will never be a part of him.

As I was packing my stuff, eomonim went inside,crying. I quickly went beside her and hugged her. She was like a mother to me. 
"Sorry, eomonim..." I said, biting back my tears. 
"I'm going to miss you, you know?" She cried.
I laughed. 


Appa-nim was practically kneeling in front of me, begging me not to leave. I love them, really. But, I can't let Chanyeol harm my baby.
"Ahjusshi," I stated, trying to make him stand up which only made him cry harder. I've never seen him so....broken.
"Pleaaase, don't leave us." He held onto my arms tight, not wanting to let go.
"Mianhae, appa—" I was cut off by Chanyeol when he grabbed my wrist and dragged me into his room.

"WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" He shouted, running his fingers through his hair.
I stayed silent, knowing that if I told him what his girlfriend did before she left....there would be more trouble. I already gave him enough troubles.
He sighed when he saw me biting back my tears.
"I'm sorry," He said as he pulled me in for a hug. My eyes were as big as a manhole when he did that. The first skinship that happened in 2 months.....
"What makes you think that I don't like you here?" He gently asked surprising me. Am I dreaming?
"Y-you're mad at me always..." I mumbled almost trying not to make him hear it.
He let go of me instantly, and held onto my shoulders.
"I am not mad at you, and I don't have any reason to be, okay? I'm....just mad at myself for putting you in a situation like this." He said closing the gap between us and pulled me into another hug.
"I'm sorry." I said, crying in his embrace. 

At least you're not mad at me. Atleast you don't hate our baby.

 

***********************************************************************************
CHANYEOL'S POV

Being married to a woman whom you don't love or doesn't love you back is difficult. Believe me when I say difficult. 
Every morning when I wake up, my 'wife' isn't beside me. You ask why? Because we do not love each other. We sleep in a separate room, and since we barely know each other except for our names...We never actually talked to each other.

Great relationship, eh?

I tried communicating with her, but she closes herself from me. Whenever I see her with my mom and dad, she seems pretty happy. It makes me pissed whenever I think that I can't even make my own wife happy.

The woman whom I love? None. It's just a simple infatuation when I was in highschool. Park Sandara. She loved me, and still does...but, me? No. I don't feel anything but pity. 
She doesn't have anyone else, you see. Her parents died in a car accident, and she had no siblings. In short, she only had me. And the worst part is? She is sick. She has brain cancer. No matter how many times I try to push her away, I feel guilty.

I remember when she heard the news that I got Park Eun Hee pregnant, she was so broken. She didn't eat her meals, didn't take her medicines, and didn't take a bath. She was a wreck, to put it simply.
So I, being the savior, promised that I agree to be her....boyfriend.

Every weekend, she 'invites' herself or should I say barges in someone else's house. Which is of course, my house. And...the drama starts here.


"Channie oppa! Let's go to your houuuuuse!" She excitedly hopped like a kid.
"No, you can't. Not right now, please?" I pleaded. I remember how Park Eun Hee looked when she saw Sandara with me....I don't want to hurt her again.
"Is it because of that witch?!" Her eyes started to well up. I panicked, not knowing what to do....so I said, "Okay okay okay, we'll go to my house now..." 


As soon as we reached my house, I was dreading my decision. What if she opens the door? What would I tell her? How would I face her? I slowly walked towards the front door, thinking about what to do and say when she opens the door. 

We reached the front door, and Sandara links her arm around mine, making me roll my eyes.
I slowly pressed the doorbell, praying to God that she won't be the one to open the door.
I hear the door clicks and tadah, there she is, bowing slightly. Probably expecting me to be home at that time.
 

"P-Park Chanyeol, you are home." She said not looking into my eyes. And suddenly after noticing that I wasn't alone, she greeted Sandara and before she even finished her sentence, Sandara, being a total prick, kissed me right in front of my wife.
But, you see, I can also be a jerk to people.
"Yah, what are you staring at? Go to your room," I said while roughly pushing her towards the stairs. 

I didn't want to hurt her, but I didn't know what to do, so being mean would help me avoid her questions.

I sat down on the couch, feeling tired. 
"Oh, Park Sandara...You're here, again." My mom said while glaring at me. I can totally understand her since she's a big fan of Eun Hee. 
"Annyeong, eomonim!" She waved happily at my mom who's not-so-happy.
"Oh, look at the time. Come on, Sandara. let's go to your house now!" I said pushing her towards the door. She slapped my hands away, and I knew she was annoyed. "We just got here, Chanyeol."

She quickly ran away from me, and went somewhere I didn't know.
As soon as she was out of sight, my mom went beside me. "You know, there are a lot of things that's happening to your wife. You should prioritize her. ALWAYS." I nodded. 
True, but Sandara also needed me. She needed me more.
"And...Don't keep her waiting for you." And she left me standing, baffled. Waiting for me? Why would she wait for me? 

I searched around the house, looking for Sandara when I reached the kitchen. There was a picture of a forming baby in black and white. This must be him, our baby...
I touched the photo and smiled. I wish that he would look like her so that whenever I see him, I'll remember his mother. And I'll love him like what I should've done to his mother.
I was lost in thought when Sandara walked in behind me, asking "Oppa, what's that?"
"It's my baby," I said as a matter of factly.
She pouted and said, "I wanna go home now, oppa!" 
"Finally," I muttered.
I led her towards the door and said, "Hey, can you go alone? I'm not feeling very well." 
"Oppa! Rest well!" She said and she ran across the street, and went inside a cab. I sighed in relief.

After probably a couple of minutes, another drama has started.
Geez, my life really is full of dramas.
She came down, running, and my mom nagged at her.
"Yah, Park Eun Hee! Don't run!" She abruptly stopped and bowed to my mom. 
Where the hell is she going? 
So me, being a 'caring' husband for once, asked her, "Where are you going? Why are you in a hurry?"

She turned to look at me. Anger and hurt was all I could see in her eyes, which made me feel kinda awkward since...It was the first time I showed my concern towards her.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" She snapped, "Didn't you want me out of your life? Well guess what, I'm going to leave. Here," She said while removing the ring that she and I wore for the last 2 months and threw it at me.
"You can never hurt my baby anymore! You can enjoy your life now! You can be happy now!" She cried, making me panic since it might hurt our baby.. But what the heck is she talking about? Hurt the baby? I could never do that. Not in my life. 

"I never meant to hurt our baby..." I gazed at her softly, showing my sincerity. It is true, I love our baby. She cried harder, making me feel guilty about everything.

"PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!!" Dad called from the outside. Okay, seriously. Now, I'm in trouble. 
"You are not a man, you lowlife." Dad hissed. I hate it when he takes her side, but this time...He has a point.
 "How dare you make your wife cry? How dare you!" He said as he went beside her, and caressed her shoulders.

"Appa-nim," She said smiling at him. "Thank you so much. I will never forget you and eomonim. When my baby is born, I'll make sure to show him to you and eomonim first." She said, while bowing at him. What is she talking about? Is she serious about leaving? And moreover, IS SHE PLANNING TO HIDE THE BABY FROM ME?!!!

She quickly left the living room and went straight towards her room. I knew I was in trouble, of course. My parents adored Bo Young, and I'm actually starting to get nervous.
I saw my mom cry and run after Bo Young. Damn, I'm screwed.

"YAH PARK CHANYEOL YOU TROUBLEMAKER IF YOU DON'T RECONCILE WITH HER I AM GOING TO KICK YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE FOREVER!!!!" My dad cried, no he bawled.  How did she soften my dad's heart? Okay, I'm jealous of her now.

After a few moments, she came down, and brought her luggage. My heart ached. 

And the weirdest thing happened.
Dad was practically kneeling in front of her, begging her not to leave.
"Ahjusshi," She stated, trying to make him stand up which only made him cry harder. I've never seen him so....broken.
"Pleaaase, don't leave us." He held onto her arms tight, not wanting to let go.
"Mianhae, appa—" That's it. I've had enough already. I cut her off by grabbing her wrist and dragged her into my room.

"WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" I shouted, running my fingers through my hair. Now, Let's clear everything...
She stayed silent. I didn't want to scare her.....
I sighed when I saw her biting back her tears.
"I'm sorry," I said as I pulled her in for a hug. I was shocked by what I did, but we're married right? Plus, I already saw....everything so a simple hug wouldn't matter....Right? 
"What makes you think that I don't like you here?" I can't take it anymore. I can't get mad at her. She did nothing wrong. I asked her gently.
"Y-you're mad at me always..." She mumbled almost trying not to make me hear it.
I let go of her instantly, and held onto her shoulders.
"I am not mad at you, and I don't have any reason to be, okay? I'm....just mad at myself for putting you in a situation like this." I said closing the gap between us and pulled her into another hug.
"I'm sorry." She said, crying in my embrace.

 

 

_____Author's Note:______

Okay, so I decided to remove all the spazzing now. :)) Yeah, I also realized that it's kinda weird and annoying so., yayyy no more spazzing! :)) *okay, maybe just a little bit* :))