7

Remember me

Yongguk rushed inside his shared apartment with you. It was cold, dark and quiet. He walked straight to your room only to have the darkness welcoming him. He flicked the light on, empty, you weren't home yet. He walked inside further, sitting on your bed. He felt weird, walking into the empty apartment with no sign of you doing your own thing in somewhere of the house, something that he knew you were doing for him.

He felt the tugged in his heart when he recalled the look on your face when you saw him with Jieun. He didn't know why it hurt him so bad when you were out of his sight. He were about to dashed follow you but Jieun stopped him said you would be fine with Himchan. Somehow knowing you would be with Himchan didn't put him at ease at all, on the contrary it raged him in what he could only described it as jealousy.

He saw Himchan's hand on your shoulder and you followed him out of the building like the lost kitten that was about to break down and cry. He remembered saw Junhong holding on the bags before the younger one informed him dryly "Noona stopped by every night to gave dinner to you" then he left. He remembered the shocked Jieun gave him, knowing that he knew the truth now. It was you who prepared them for him not Jieun.

He thought all along that Jieun brought dinner for him. He remembered the day that she brought the exact same bag, before shyly offered to him. Then he realized he didn't get the dinner when you were sick once and that day Jieun claimed that she was busy. "God" he groaned how stupid he could be. 

The house was quiet too quiet that he could hear the clock ticking, still sat on your bed, he intake every little things you had in your room. One small photo frame of him and you on the night stand caught his eyes. He gently held it in his hand, you were smiling in his embrace the happiness shone through the frame and he felt a pang on his heart. Since he out from the hospital, you rarely smiled for him.

A throb pained creep into his head and grew stronger It darken his sight.
He groaned again this time in pain, the light flashed in his head here and there behind his eyelids. All of sudden everything went dark, again. He found himself in the arid area, dried land and dusty, he was back to this place again.

Only this time it was not dark anymore. The pale light of the sun making this deserted land even more gloomy. Further from his sight, he saw something white standing out from the ground, it was huge more like column. He chased to it, afraid that the sun might went down and he would loose the sight of the white thing.

He ran but never seemed to reach that white columns, was it his delusion? He ran till his heart could not take anymore, his lung about to burst and fell onto the ground back to the dark hole that loomed over him.

He gasped for air when his eyes shot up, he was on your bed but there was no sign indicating that the owner had return. He wiped his forehead with the heart hung heavily, you didn't come home. The void in his heart started to grow though he blamed it on his argument with Jieun, was it? And it was your choice whether or not you'd be back home, it was not like he had right in you, had he?

Yongguk placed the frame back to your night stand before turning his heel toward the door. Something had caught his eyes, the unclose box in the corner of the room. He used hid index to slightly lift it opened, another frame of you and him was on top the piles of stuffs underneath. You were hugging him by his shoulder, connecting him with your forehead kiss and your smile spread across your side profile.

It was the first time since his accident that he wondered how was it feel like to be held by you and seeing your smile again. He brushed his thump on the pictures of you and your face from last night shook his heart one more time. He sat the frame down and pulling out the stuffs from the box one at a time.