5

Remember me

You unlocked the door before pushing it widen. "Here you go" Yongguk walked further inside looking around the place in awe "My place" he mumbled while looking around. "Are you sure this is ok?" Himchan asked while putting down his stuffs on the floor for you. "I don't know, Himchan" you answered in a whisper, feeling a cut through your heart.

Yongguk walked from here to there, room to room swiftly. "Look about the same" you whipped your head to him, speechless, no you didn't want to put anymore hopes up "You remember?" Himchan offered. yongguk bit his lip in thought like he was afraid what he were about to say. "I know I live here, I remember but I didn't remember living here with you." 

There you go, you thought, relieved that you didn't allowed yourself to dream. "That's ok" you said. You went to the kitchen to put away your groceries, letting the boys by them self before starting the laundry. You peeked out from the kitchen and saw Yongguk looking at your engagement photo togethers on the coffee table.

But you looked away as your heart ached and tears was glossing both of your eyes. The heavy thump sound cut through your thought followed by Himchan's worried call "Yongguk!" you ran out from the kitchen and stopped when you saw Yongguk was on the floor, covering his sweaty face with one of his shaking hand.

You grabbed the phone, calling for the doctor before rushed to him, he was trembling "Shhhhhhh..it's ok it's ok" you tried to sooth him "Himchan I need a wet towel" he left you and Yongguk there to get what you asked. Yongguk was shaking badly his forehead was soaked with sweat. You ran your hand on his arm gently "Gukkie, it's ok shhhhh. I am here, it's ok" you tried again, repeating the same soothing words while gently rubbing his arm and this time it worked.

Your soft soothing voice was calming his tight nerves and brain. Slowly he was back to calming state. The door bell rang and Himchan rushed to answered. He led the doctor inside to where both you and Yongguk were. Yongguk was on the couch by the help from Himchan and doctor later. He looked tired and exhausted still his eyes would fixed on you whenever you were in his range.

The doctor had gave him a shot for sleeping. You covered his sleeping frame with the blanket up to his shoulder when you heard the doctor said to Himchan "He forced himself too hard on regaining his memories and the brain was fighting back and the panic was attacking at the same time. It is the best to let him remember by himself at a time. I don't know after he wake up, he would remember anything just don't question him that's all"

The doctor and Himchan were gone. Leaving you and Yongguk alone in the quiet apartment. You looked around your apartment in silent before the inhaling the las tears back. One by one you collected all of the couples stuffs before carefully packed them in the box. Yes you want to cry a river but it would hurt him and you even more. Right now the first priority was not your relationship, it was him to be healthy again. 

Your hand just let the last photo frame on the top of couples things in the box when you heard him groaned. He was awake now "How are you feeling?" you carefully asked "I've been better" he answered in a joking tone. You allowed yourself to believed that he remembered for a second before you approached him.

He was sitting up now and you used the coffee table as your seat, it wasn't the ideal seat but you needed to used it in order to face him. "Yongguk" you started slowly, gathered all of your courage that you have
to get this done. "I am not going to ask you to remember me or us. I don't want you to force yourself in remembered things either." you paused and swallow the lumped in your throat.

Yongguk was about to say something then you continued "It's not important right now. What matter to me is you are being healthy again" you inhaled and making the decision "so we can start with just being friend sharing the roof until you get your memories back or when we decided to move on, ok?" your lips were trembling by now but you forcefully stop it with a smile and extended your hand "Hi! My name is_______, I am your roommate. Nice meeting you"