12

Remember me

He was back in the empty desert land again. The sun ray palely shone through the area, cool breeze brush through his face. He knew one thing he hate this place.  It was emptied, soulless and scary. 

The familiar white columns stood distant from him again, should he go for it or just them be, he didn't know. Though his heart said no, his legs kept moving toward the columns, only this time they were clearer than his last time in this gloomy place.

Before he knew it, his legs dragged himself toward them in an agonizing slow speed. His surrounding had made him frightened. Why here, where was everybody. He tried to yell, hoping to see anyone in his seeing ranged "HIMCHAN!! DAEHYUN!!" he paused, looking for any kind of respond, nothing. The wind brushed through him once again, bringing the tiny soft voice along.

His head shot up. The voice was coming from the white columns direction, who was it. The soft tone had calmed his horrifying heart a bit, it was so familiar but he couldn't figure out who it was. Though his feet dragged to that direction but the distance was still the same, why it had to be this hard just to get something?

Then it hit him, it was hard because he thought it was hard, it was impossible because his heart had gave up, because he was not try hard enough. So he gritted his teeth with his full determination, he would be there no matter how many times he fell, he would be there.

Yongguk inhaled until his lung couldn't hold on any more and let out the locked breath through his mouth. His eyes locked at the white columns further the path. He made tight fists in both hands "I will be there" he promised to himself.

He smiled at his goal determinedly before he started to took off, it was slow steady steps at first which soon became the strong stomps and finally he ran free to the white columns ahead of him. The distance seem much closer when his heart fixed on that place in front of him and he knew he was right, only when he put all of his efforts in without hesitation he would achieved. 

Before he knew, he hap stopped at the base of the columns standing tall in the middle of the desert. When he looked closely , each of the tips were pointy and bow inward, they were not the columns they were gigantic white skeletons. He was standing inside the skeleton that was hundred times of his size.

And then he heard it again, the faint beautiful voice from before that was much clearer and closer now. He looked around but there was nothing indicating that it was the source of that voice. He walked around in between each ribs, pressed his ear on every available flat surfaces he could, nothing.

He closed his eyes, concentrating on the voice again, along the brushing wind that voice came to live again. He turned his with his eyes closed to the direction where he thought the voice was coming from, it was from the ground. Yongguk opened his eyes and darted them every where on the dusty solid soil underneath his feet.

He kneeled down, concentrating on the voice again it was too faint. So he got up walked a few steps from where he had kneeled and crouching down again, not here a bit more of his right. He repeated this routine until he was sitting where he was certain the was coming from. The ground vibrated a bit, something underneath it was moving and singing it almost like it was excited?

He looked around his empty surrounding again, finding something to helped him digging ,whatever had been buried, up. His gazed swept around the skeletons that was stock stilled as the evidence something gigantic had passed away. Then his eyes caught the glimpsed of something he was sure it was not there before, the shovel.

He marked the spot on the ground before he left to grabbed the mystery magically popped up tool and came back. The shovel hit the ground loudly, making it broke into a tiny gap a bit. With how dehydrated the soil was, this was going to be a tough job. But he didn't care, though he was unsure why he did this but something in his heart was arousing him to do it without hesitation.

Shoved after shoved the ground had transformed from the small hole into bigger and wider hole. He felt like his sweat had rolled down endlessly into his collar but he couldn't stop, now that the voice was getting much louder as the shovel dige deeper and closer to it.

He didn't know how long had he kept digging the hard soil, all he knew was his heart getting erratic beat as he was getting closed to the voice. Finally the shovel hit something solid on the ground, Yongguk tossed yhe shovel away before he dropped hisself on to the ground and starting to use his bare hands digging it up.

There it was the miniature of church made from silver, half buried in the cold solid soil. He quickened his hand movement, brushing all of the remaning dirt out of it. For some reason, he felt releived, overwhelmed with his iwn emotion. He presses the item hard on his chest, the smal church in his embrace vibrated a bit. He laid down on the ground with it in his arms and suddenly he felt alived again.

He smiled at it like he knew what the vibrations meant to him. After he had catches his breath from exhaustion, the light was growing from the church and it grew brighter until it blinded his vision. At the tips of his ears, he thought he heard the familiar voice calling sweetly "Yongguk".