11

Remember me
He walked you back to your, his old place. You almost protested but decided to keep quiet, it shouldn't be long anyway. You sighed internally, feeling a light pang in your heart, didn't want to put up anymore false hope, you had enough.
 
Everything looked the same just as you left weeks ago, everything seemed untouched but as you walked further all the frames were hung where it used to be, your blanket that you left behind was folding neatly on the couch, you were sure it was in the box you didn't bring it with you because he brought it for you as a christmas gifts 3 years ago.
 
Tears was threatening to fall with all the sight you took in, swallowing hard you sat down on one end of the couch in silent, unwilling to started as you knew, you had to be mentally prepared for what was going to come.
 
He saw your distant behavior and it torn him in two. Weeks passed and you still looked hurt and vulnerable and it was his fault. He gingerly sat next to you and found out that you pressed yourself harder to the armrest, what should he do.
 
His mouth went dry when trying to say everything that was on his mind for the past weeks and nothing came out, all the words seemed to jumbled together in an unintelligence muttered. He ended up looking desperate and depress even more. You watched his struggling way to communicate with you in understanding even if you didn't wanted to, you knew what he was about to say but you didn't want to showed that he was still the person you had known the best, it was not your place, not anymore.
 
You let out your heavy sighed before shifting your gazed away from him in hope that it might encouraged him to say something, but it was useless all you could hear was the dead air hung heavily around your present. You laced both of your hand together on your lap tightly gathering all the will to say what you had to say. It was not just for you, it was for him as well.
 
"I think it is the best for us to call everything off" you carefully started while staring on the floor. He was stunned, didn't expected you to went straight to the point. "There was no reason for me to chasing after something that would never came back because not only you had lost your memory about us, you had lost your interest in me as well" you tried to keep your voice steady as much as possible.
 
"and you know what" you paused to swallowed the choking air in your throat not even realizing that your cheeks ware moisted by the fresh tears
"It's ok, I was just a part of the memories that you forgot" Yongguk tried to cut in "but...." you held your head up indicating him to listen, his lips were pressed in the tight line "you can build the new one that you will always remember from now on" 
 
You looked at him with your eyes soaked in tears and whispered the word you never thought you would say "with somebody else that is not me" you wiped your wet cheeks with your hand quickly, no more crying, no more. The next words you said came out firm and steady like it were not only meant for him but for you to engraved it in your heart as well.
"I am letting you go"
 
Yongguk tried to reached out for you but you shot up from your seat in attempt to back away from him "No! Please don't do this. I love you" the last three words shook your heart in agony and you sobbed "How can you love me, you don't even know me" it was the truth, he didn't know who you were.
 
"I don't care. I love you" he stubbornly answered and you knew love wasn't the only thing that keep two people together. It was trust, sincerity and sharing and many more which you had missed out along this painfully journey "You broke my trust Yongguk. How can I know that you really love me when you still have another girl in your life!" you hissed angrily.
 
"If she is the one you have chose, so be it." you tried your last time to choked with the fake smile. "You can't have both of us and I am not your doormat" you looked away with your heart clenching at the memory of him holding hand with Jieun. "Good luck Yongguk and good bye" 
 
You turned your heeled heading to the door only to be pulled back harshly that you slammed into his chest. You tried to pushed him away but his gripped was tighten. "Let go, Yongguk" you squirmed in opposing only to have him leaned his weight on you. 
 
But soon you realized he had leaned too much on you, it was not normal. "Yongguk" you tried. There was no responded back from him. His whole body was leaning on you as the only support. "Yongguk!!" you raised your voice in panic but he was stock still. His dead weight was leaning against your much smaller frame.
 
You couldn't support his body anymore, you slowly dropped him and yourself on the floor. His face was as white as a paper, sheen sweat visibly formed on his forehead. His eyes were screwed shut in pain and you watched him in horror "Yongguk, Yongguk!!" his name came out like a desperate pray.
 
You scrambled in your bag, trying to find your phone. You kept shaking him hoping he would be conscious while calling his name through the different kind of tears that flowed out now. As soon as your finger touched your hiding phone. You draw it out and dialed speed dial you had prepared long time ago. When the call went through, with your hasy mind you sputtered out in a screaming plead"Please I need help! My fiancé, please"