3

Remember me

Himchan was the last one who left the room after you agreed to talked to Yongguk. He gave a squeezed on your shoulder before he gently close the door behind him. You stood awkwardly inside the room, fidgeting with your fingers looking at everything but him, Yongguk.

"Umm, please have a seat" he started. You bit your lip the sign that you were anxious before tentatively walked to the stool next to his bed, put down your bag on the floor next to you before sitting as you've been told.  You kept your eyes fixed to the wall across as you didn't know what to say.

The long finger touched your lips and you jumped, you heart almost stopped to the thought that he might remembered "I am sorry, I shouldn't do that but it seemed like my hand acting on it's own" he excused. You sat there in silent, drowning in another wave of disappointment. "Please don't do it if you don't remember a thing" you meekly said still not looking at him.

You heard him sighed deeply "What happened to me?" you recalled the night for him. It was one of the late night that he was coming back from his work. He was just about ten minutes to reach home but when the car was going down from the bridge to the intersection, he lost control on his car. It ran through the red light and crashed with the truck from his right side.

It spun wildly until it had stopped with the tree. He was knocked out and was under coma for a month. The doctor said losing his memories was part of his brain damaged from the accident, he might or might not remember anything about you at all. Though you had prepared for it to happened, fear for the worst but you didn't prepared when you let your hope up and crashing down when reality hit you.

He listened to you in silent. He could recall a slight pictures in his head about the accident but he just didn't know where he headed to instead of going back to the dorm, now he knew even if he didn't remember he knew.

You stared into the wall ahead of you again, contemplated on what you should do or say. After a while he broke the silent "how long we've been together, I mean can you tell me about us?" your lips tugged upward in th sad smile though your mind flew to the first day you have met him, the love of your life.

"We've been together for five years now. Well, we engaged and the wedding.." you paused before letting out the shaky breath "let's not talk about that now, shall we?" you pretend to looked at the watch "It's late, you should rest" you lingered on the stool a little longer before you stood up. You pulled his blanket up to his shoulder avoiding his eyes as best as you could, anymore of this you could break down.

You knew he looked lost at you when you were about to leaned down to kissed his forehead, you stopped shot before gently and swiftly brush your lips on his forehead. It was your habit when he was sick and you tugged him in. A single tear scrolled down and you quickly turned away, hiding it, too much crying already.

"Will you be here tomorrow?" he gingerly asked in a soft tone, the tone that you knew he wasn't sure himself either if he wanted you to be here or not. "I'll be here only if you wanted me to." you smiled a bit expected him to say he wanted you, but you knew that it wasn't going to happened. Of course you'd be here for him, you never left his side since the accident but he didn't knew you now and he didn't need to know what you had done for him. "Good night, Yongguk"