4

Remember me

You were sitting outside in the hospital garden the next day. After you tiptoed around his bed making sure he got what he needed, you left and let Jongup who was there all night knew that you've been there. You sat there in the garden the whole morning, thinking about the future ahead. Although you loved him dearly but there was no guarantee that his memories would be back. You were willing to fight for him if he had just a little clue who you were.

But the look on his face crashed your intention in just a split second. You felt like you two were breaking up and it would be because you didn't have a heart to forced him to remember you or to love you. You closed your eyes before the tears would rolled out and something had blocked the sun shining on your face.

Opened your eyes, you saw him towering over you. "What are you doing here?" you asked in panic, turning right and left to see if anyone was with him. You shot up from your seat, grabbing him by his elbow about to led him back to his room "You just woke up, you shouldn't be out here, Yongguk" you lightly scolded him in worry. His hand came up to touched yours that was on his elbow "I'm fine, please let's talk"

You looked at him right in the eyes, they were pleading like he really needed this talk and you could never refused him like this. You gulped nervously but gave him a tiny nodded "Let's get you sit here first, yeah?" you helped him sat on the bench you were sitting before he came. Then you scooted back away from him a bit with your heart ached in your own action as much as you wanted to hug him, you didn't want to scare him even more. You were the stranger to him at this point.

"Why are you out here?" he asked you the same question you gave him earlier. "How do you know that I'm here?" you asked him back, not willing to answered his question. Yongguk pointed his finger to the building ahead "I was looking out of the window when I saw you" slightly nodded you hummed in responded, didn't think he would actually walk around his room this quick.

"You've been here all morning" he commented making you turned to face him "How long have you been up?" you asked in surprised. He let out a shy smile, fidgeting with his shirt's hem. His answer was so soft that you thought you didn't hear it "Since you were in my room this morning". You could only muttered the meaningless responded to him in surprised.

"Did you always do that?" he asked again. You tilted your head to him, not understanding one bit of his question "I mean, like preparing stuffs for me when I asleep" he rubbed the back of his neck avoiding your eyes and you knew he was embarrassed to admit that he was sneakily watching you. Your smile spread across before you could stopped yourself "It's my silly habit, sorry that I woke you up"

He shook his head aggressively "No no no it's not silly. I just wondered that's all" Soon silence crept in between both of you who were lost in your own thought. Yongguk murmured out "I am sorry" his voice was sincere and naive that it shook your heart "I want to remember you so bad but I can't, I am sorry" You knew he felt bad, knowing that his action had hurt somebody, it was his kind nature that you fell in love with though it pushed the stabbing pain in your heart further.

You could only gave him a slowly firm nod "You have tried, it's ok" you assured him in a soft whisper. "I've heard about us from my friends" he continued, funny you thought grimly he had to be told on his own memories. "Hopefully a good one" you tried to joke though your heart was crying. 

"Look, I don't know if I am going to remember anything about you at all. All I know was I felt hurt when I saw you cry or when you tried to distant yourself from me. For some reason, it hurt so much" he frowned at the memory of you trying to your best to compose and stayed away from him. He got a hold on your hand and go on "I feel safe when I was with you even I couldn't remember anything but having you had eased my worry" you let your tears fall, confusing in yourself whether you were happy or sad when you heard his confession.

"Please I want you to be with me until I got my memories with you back, I don't know when but I know that it would killed me like when I didn't see you this morning" your heart thumping painfully to the knowledge. His brain didn't remembered but his heart was and may be just may be he would eventually remembered who you were.