Garden(Junvin)

U-Kiss ABC drabbles

Authors notes: I'm trying something new and writing this fic from my pov hope everyone likes it! ^-^

Jun takes out his sketch pad and sharpens his pencil. Everyday he sits under the same tree and at the same time of day to draw. With the perfect amount of shade and a close enough distance from the garden Jun draws the flowers without disturbing the viewers. He sits there diligently capturing the detail of one flower that had just bloomed. 

All season long he waited patiently for the bud to bloom into a magnificent flower and to sketch it's beauty before it wilts and withers away. He looks up from his paper to put in the last detail but instead of seeing the flower a young man has taken it's place. He sat slouched on the gardens bench, his dark blonde hair covering most his face as he seemed to be taking a nap or maybe thinking.

Usually Jun was patient when it came to the paying visitors of the garden since he was not a paying customer himself but he had waited all season long for this specific flower to be added to his collection. He could not take any chances especially since it was already more than halfway drawn and it would be a waste to erase it now. So he gathered his things and headed for the gardens entrance.

He payed the toll fee and once inside he made a b-line for the young man. He found him easily because of his peculiar two-toned hair. Not wanting to be rude he approaches the man from the front coughing to get his attention and then doing a small bow. "Excuse me but I was wondering if you could move, you see I sit by that tree and sketch every evening and well that flower behind you I've been waiting for it to bloom." Jun says to the young man.

Said man raises his head his eyes red from crying but the tears had long since dried. Jun suddenly felt like a jerk the young man obviously came here to seek comfort and Jun was practically kicking him out. He scratches the back of his head and instictively apologizes. "No it's ok I should probably get going anyways." The man says with a surprisingly cheerful voice. 

"I hope there is still enough daylight left for you to finish your drawing." He says before excusing himself. As he rushed passed Jun he could smell the fragnance of the man, sweet and floral. Or was it the flowers? He bends down to take in the smell sniffing each one but none had matched the young man. Shaking his head he hurries back to his spot under the tree and finishes his sketch just in time despite the distracting images of the young man in his mind.

The next day he sat under the same tree as usual setting up his supplies and when he looked up he was surprised to see the young man in the same spot as yesterday. This time instead of asking him to leave Jun sits and watches him. He noted the small details of the young man like he would one of his flowers. Like how the breeze moved the strands of his hair move like branches in the wind, how his eyes looked like half moons when he squinted from the sunlight and how his lips resembled sakura pink petals. 

Everything about him looked frail and breakable especially the expression he wore when he thought no one was looking. Without realizing it he picks up his pencil and begins sketching the next flower for his collection. An hour passed and the man got up from his seat and left. Jun also put down his pencil realizing that he was losing daylight and looked over his progress and smiled.

Everday for a week the young man came back sitting in the same place for the same amount of time never noticing Jun until today. He looks over at Jun and was surprised to see him staring back. Shyly he waves a hand at Jun gesturing for him to come inside the garden seeing this Jun gathers his stuff and goes to the toll booth to pay but it has already been payed.

"Thank you." He says to the man before taking a seat next to him. "It's no problem, I invited you after all. By the way my name is Kevin Woo." Kevin reaches his hand out to shake Juns. Warm, soft, like a flower under the sun. Jun thought to himself. "I'm Lee Jun Young but you can just call me Jun." He says back.

"How are your drawings coming along?" Kevin gestures to Jun's sketch pad that reads 'Garden' on the cover. "Ah it's going good, well it's actually completed, my garden that is." Jun says meekly as he bows his head.

"Your garden is that what that is?" Kevin asks.

"Yes It's full of the most beautiful flowers from this garden." Jun answers him as he shows Kevin a few of his scetches.

"But why do you only draw flowers?" Kevin asks curiously.

"Because I want to capture their beauty before they are completely damaged by the world." Jun says seriously as he stares directly in front of himself. 

Kevin stares at the young man as he has somehow become touched by his words and thinks about his own loneliness that has become the reason he has come here everyday for the last week. Whether Jun was looking at him or not strangely he felt less alone with the boy gazing nearby. Unknowingly Kevin grew dependant on this feeling and later grew feelings for him even though he hadn't a clue who Jun was.

"You draw the flowers from this garden so why draw them from so far away?" Kevin asks trying to get to know this boy more. "Well I don't want to disturb the other viewers and well...I can't afford to come here everyday I am just a highschol student." Jun says embarrased with that fact. "Your so young! I thought you would be at least a college student you seem so mature for your age." Kevin smiles feeling ashamed for having feelings for such a young man.

"I will be entering college next semester." Jun says almost as if trying to make Kevin not feel as bad. Kevin sighs a sigh of relief. At least he will be legal this year and not later. He thinks to himself not feeling as much of a ert anymore. They talk until the sun starts to settle painting the sky red. neither one noticing how late it was untill a park employee interupted them letting them know the garden was closing.

As they walked through the park both boys stole glances of each other occasionally smiling and laughing when the other would get caught. Several times both Jun and Kevin wanted to reach out to grab hold of the others hand but neither one was brave enough. "So did you drive or take the bus?" Jun asks Kevin as they near the end of the park.

"Neither, I walked." Kevin answers.

"Oh, well since it's dark would it be alright if I walked you home?" Jun bravely asks. Kevin is surpsied by the sudden proposal and decided now was the time he should tell Jun. "Well there's actually something I've come to tell you today." Kevin says and Juns heart starts to beat faster. Is this a confession? Jun thinks as he waits for Kevin to continue.

"I wont be coming back for a long time...my business is taking me faraway." Kevin partially lies to him. He would be gone for a long time or may never come back at all but he couldn't tell Jun the full truth he didn't want to burden him. He looks at Jun who seems to have a troubled expression.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"It's nothing." Jun answers.

"Would you still like to walk me home?" Kevin asks putting on a smile. Jun smiles back and nods his head. Part of the walk is in silence and the rest is small talk made by Kevin until they reach his home. Kevin thanks him and goes to walk inside the gate but Jun stops him gently grabbing onto his hand. Kevin turns to look fully in his direction.

With his other arm stretched out towards Kevin, Jun holds out his most precious sketch book towards Kevin. "I want you to have this so when your lonely or feel like life is getting too hard you can look at this book and remember how comforted you were in the garden and maybe sometime...you will think about me." Jun says. It takes all his strength for Kevin to hold back tears. 'You have no idea how much this means to me' Kevin thinks to himself. "Thank you Junie, I'll take good care of it and return it to you someday." 

"Promise?" Jun says holding out his pinky finger. Kevin links his own with Juns, "Promise."

For several months Jun goes back to his usual spot even though it is winter now and there are no flowers to draw, he hopes that he will see the blonde haired boy sitting at his rightful spot on the bench. But he is never there where he should be. Each day Jun is disappointed but he continues to wait for Kevin waiting under the tree as the snow falls gently around him covering everything in white. 

He begins to think about Kevin and if he is well, what is he doing, and is it snowing where he is now? Kevin looks out the window noticing the snow outside. For the first time in months he is well enough to hold his head up to look outside. Though it has been months he still hasn't forgotten about Jun no matter how hard he tried to forget him there was always someone or something reminding him of his young love.

And for the first time since coming here he feels the weight of all his worries and problems and begins to weep for himself and for his broken promise to Jun. Suddenly Juns voice speaks loudly in his mind. 'When you're lonely or feel like life is getting to hard look at this book and remember how comforted you were in the garden..."

Wiping his tears away quickly, Kevin carefully raises himself out of the hospital bed making sure not to disconnect any of the equipment from his body. He goes to the cabinet and takes out the book that had been sitting there since his arrival. He sits back in his bed and begins flipping through the pages. Instantly he feels the sensation of warmth like from sunshine as he looks at each individual flower. He couldn't help but smile as he reached the picture of the flower that had fatefully caused him to meet Jun and before he knows it he is flipping the page to the last picture.

His eyes grow big and his smile turns into an 'O' shape as he lays his gaze on the last picture in the book, himself. In the bottom corner he reads the text 'Fragile flower under the sun." A single tear escapes as he recurs what Kevin had said to him. 'I want to capture their beauty before they are completely destroyed by the world.' Kevin holds back a sob, "And you did Junie, you truly did." He says as he thinks about how beautifully Jun captured him in that sketch and closes his eyes to sleep.

He opens his eyes and Jun is sitting at his bedside looking down at him. He smiles thinking how wonderful it is to have such a beautiful dream. "Awe thanks to your beautiful drawing I'm now dreaming about you." Kevin says. He notices the expression on Juns face shifting, "Your only dreaming about me now when I've been thinking about you all this time?" Jun says and his eyes begin to leak tears.

"Why is this dream breaking my heart I want to wake up now!" Kevin says as he furiously blinks his eyes but Jun remains. "You're not dreaming Kevin, I'm really here." He says grabbing on tightly to Kevins hand. He felt his warmth on his chilly hands and knew that this wasn't a dream. "H-How are you here, how did you find me?" Kevin chokes out.

"My fathers son needed a kidney donor so my father had me tested and I'm an exact match. When I found out it was you..." Jun had to stop to compose himself as he was on the verge of breaking down. "When I found out it was you and that you weren't alive and well somewhere I had them contact your father and asked if I could be the one to tell you....Kevin, you can keep your promise to me now." Jun says finally not able to hold back anymore as he does his best to cry quietly.

Kevin raises up to place his hand on his guardian angels cheek. "God must have wanted us to meet, you've made me feel happiness when I wanted to drown in my self pity and when I thought I'd never live to see you again...here you are to save my life." Jun allows Kevin to finish saying before he presses there lips eagerly together but too soon Kevin pulls away, "Jun we...I can't-" He goes to protest but Jun interupts him. "It's ok because I'm a man now." He says smiling. "You were always a man in my eyes." Kevin says and in return smiles before Kissing Jun once again.

Several months later the two sit in their usual spot in the garden watching the other viewers and gazing at the freshly bloomed flowers. Kevin looks down at their hands that are proudly laced together, their dainty promise rings glistening in the sunshine and then glances at Jun who is daydreaming. "What are you thinking about?" Kevin asks getting his attention. "Are you looking over at your tree, do you miss drawing there?" He playfully asks. "Ani, I was thinking about you, I'm always thinking about my beautiful boyfriend." Jun says raising their hands up to kiss the back of Kevins hand.

Kevin blushes and quickly pecks Juns lips when no one is looking. "Why don't you ever draw any of the flowers when we are here, are you embarrassed to draw in front of me?" Kevin asks. "Of course not, I have no reason to draw them anymore when the most beautiful flower is always at my side." Jun says as he kisses Kevin once again deeply making Kevins face flush red and his heart full of love, leaving no room for loneliness.

I really hope you all enjoyed this fic. remember comments and critique is always accepted. and if there is a genre or otp you would like me to write please don't be shy to tell me. thank you! and sweet dreams <3 ^-^