Prank Gone Bad

Quirks of Being a Maid

Ave's POV
 
Silently, I stood watching as Fo was dragged down the hallway by Kai into the bedroom she chose for herself. When the door closed behind them, we all glanced at each other in shock. "Well" Kris stated, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck "that was unexpected and strange." Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, unable to argue his statement. I couldn't help but laugh a little, on the inside, at the situation however. Fo looked absolutely devastated as she was dragged away from her 'Squishysoo' and that last whimpering of his name ALMOST sent me into a fit of laughter. The only thing that kept me from bursting into hysterics was the thought of how Chen will try to stop my mirth. I don't trust him, the evil troll. "I suppose we should continue with the choosing of rooms" Lay stated calmly, seemingly unaffected by what he just witnessed. "Hmm, right!! Rooms... Um, well there's eleven rooms left and 12 people. You girls could bunk together if you'd like, or you could bunk with one of us guys, or you could have your own rooms and some of us guys could bunk together" Suho nervously spoke a mile a minute. "I want to bunk with Chen!" Mace shouted suddenly, causing Chen to jump in shock from where he was standing. "I mean... I'd feel much SAFER sharing a room with him, just in case a saesang shows up again" she tried to cooly correct herself, failing miserably since she still sounded overly excited. "I don't really care" Chen mumbled, an evil glint in his eyes. That troll is up to something, I just know it... "So Ave, do you want your own room or to bunk with one of us?" Xiuminny said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, I want to share a room with one of you guys" I stated shyly, "I'd feel safer knowing there's someone in the room who can protect me. Usually Fo is my 'bodyguard' but she's been stolen by Kai." "Don't worry! Ill protect you!!" Xiuminny shouted, rearranging himself into a Superman stance. Aww, that's too cute!! Stifling a giggle at his adorableness, I nodded to him, "I'd love to be your roommate." I really wanted Luhan to be my roommate, but I can't turn that face down. He'd be crushed if I say no! "Well, then the rest of us get the remaining rooms to ourselves. Why doesn't everyone choose their room and get some rest? It's been a long day" Kris stated as Suho ushered everyone into rooms. Xuiminny grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall into the room right across from Fo's. Looking around, I was relieved to see that there were two beds in this room. I wonder if Fo was as lucky, since I know some of these rooms only have one bed in them... "How about I take the bed closest to the door? That way, if anyone tried to get in, they'll have to go through me before they can get to you." "Thanks Xiuminny" I blushed at his protectiveness. Such a sweetheart! Maybe it won't be so bad having him as a roommate afterall. I'll still be able to see Luhan during the day! After bidding him goodnight, I snuggled myself into bed for some much needed rest. Slowly, I was lulled to sleep by the calm snoring from across the room. 
 
 
               -The Next Morning-
 
 
Hmm, so warm... Shuffling around a bit, I burrowed closer to the source of heat, happily humming to myself. The warmth started to lull me back asleep, but before I could fully pass out, the heat moved. Frowning in annoyance, with my eyes still closed, I threw my arms around my warmness and pulled it towards me, sighing in content when it was close again. Wait a minute... Is my warmth breathing?!?! Eyes snapping open, I found myself staring at a sleeping face close to mine. Screeching in shock, I pushed the person away, causing them to tumble from the bed. "AHHH!!!" the person yelped as the collided with the floor. Slowly, I moved over an peeked over the side of the bed. On the floor, in an exhausted and pained jumble of limbs, was Suho. "What's going on?" Xiuminny's raspy voice asked from across the room. "He was in my bed!!" I hollered, pointing at the now sitting Suho. "I'm sorry!!" Suho shouted while squirming on the floor in embarrassment, "it's just that I felt really lonely all by myself. And there were so many creepy noises!! I got scared, so I jumped out of bed, trying to find someone to bunk with. All the doors I tried were locked except this room. I swear I didn't know it was your bed I crawled into!! I didn't even know whose room it was, I just knew there were other people in here!!" Gya!!! That's so CUTE!! "I forgive you" I soothed the panicking leader, "I think this wing is creepy too! I ALWAYS hear things at night, which is why I don't usually stay here." Suho looked up at me with a watery smile, causing my heart beat to thump harshly. I watched as Suho opened his mouth to say something, but before any words could come out, an angered screech echoed through the room for somewhere outside the door. That sounded like Mace!! Hopping out of bed, I quickly dashed out of my room, looking around to try and find where the noise came from. Another scream erupted soon after the first, this time ringing out a little longer. Following the sound, I opened the door to the room I thought it was coming from. The sight I found before me caused me to drop where I was in a fit of laughter. Apparently, I was right when I thought the troll was up to some kind of mischief. Mace was completely wrapped to her bed with Saran Wrap. "It's not funny!! Help me!!!" she squealed as she tried to wiggle loose from her bonds. Gasping for air, I walked over to her and began pulling at the wrapping. To my utter disbelief, it refused to budge. No matter how hard I yanked, the Saran Wrap wouldn't tear. Growing extremely frustrated, I tried to rug even harder. "Haha, you're not gonna get it off that way" Chen snickered from behind me. "What do you mean?" I asked in annoyed confusion. "I layered every bit of that wrapping in super glue to make sure it would hold tight against anyone trying to rip at it" he explained with a sly wink. "WHAT!!!" Mace screamed, "just you wait 'til I get out, you are so DEAD!!" Why would Mace think it's safe to bunk with a troll? I barely know Exo, but I could tell right away he was a prankster, so she should have know too, right? "Just hold on Mace, i'll go find some scissors" I sighed, walking over to look through the desk drawers near the window of the room. Ah ha!! Found a pair!! Walking back over to Mace, I began the long process of cutting we free.
 
 
-2 Hours of Torturous cutting later- 
 
 
"You better run Chen!!!" Mace hollered as she began chasing the troll around the corridor, gaining the attention of several other Exo members who popped out of their rooms to watch the scene before them. I have to say, if I had a camera right now this would make an amazing YouTube video, 'Super Troll Chased by Angered Fan.' After what felt like forever, Mace was finally able to tackle the Troll. Once she had him pinned to the ground however, Mace seemed to freeze, completely at a loss for what she should do to Chen now that she had him in her grasp. Mace sat staring down at him for a few before she got and went back to their room, slamming the door behind her. "Well that was anticlimactic" Chen said with an eye roll. "Don't think your not gonna pay for that you little Troll" a deadly voice said from behind us all. Seth stalked towards Chen with a murderous gleam in his eye. "Not only did you potentially harm one of our employees, you also vandalized Hotel property." "Pft, so what? I can pay for the damages" Chen scoffed moving towards Seth until they were both standing toe to toe. I could practically see the lightning shooting from their eyes as they stared each other down. "You can't just pay for mental anguish" Seth seethed, pushing Chen's shoulders roughly. "Umm, you guys should calm down. No one was hurt!!" I tried to reason, but they just ignored me. "It's not like she's scarred for life and in need of therapy cause of a little prank" Chen stated mockingly as he shoved Seth hard, making him fall onto the ground. "Why you little-" "YOU'RE DEAD!!" Fo suddenly screamed, charging at Chen full steam down the hall. When they she connected with her target, she took him right off his feet. "No one lays a finger on Seth!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!" Fo went to draw her fist back, but was stopped by Mace. "It's okay, just let him go. Thanks Seth for sticking up for me, but I'm alright." With that said she quietly returned to the room, leaving everyone behind frozen in silence. *Sigh* "Well I guess I'll return to the front desk. Ave, can you go make sure she's really okay?" "What is the big deal? Why are you so revved up over the fact she was just pranced?" Chen yelled in frustration. "It's not that she was pranked," Seth answered calmly, "it's how you went about it. She has some bad childhood memories that include being restrained, and you're thoughtless prank may have caused those memories to resurface. What you don't seem to realize is that every worker her is already scarred in some way, so you need to watch what you do and say. You never know who you may hurt" Seth stated as he turned to head back to the front desk. "I LOVE YOU SETHYKINS!!" Fo cooed, breaking the tense atmosphere in the hall. "Was he serious?" Chen asked snarkily, still miffed that he was spoken down to. "Yeah" Fo stated, "all the workers have different... situations that occurred in their lives causing then to become damaged in some way. We take them in to give them an environment where they can be themselves and express their hurts with each other. It's basically like getting paid to go to therapy!!" "That's actually a pretty brilliant idea!!" Suho said, impressed, "did your parents think of that?" "No" I answered, "Fo and I did!" Everyone turned towards is with mouths hanging open in shock. Pft, is it that shocking for them to believe we came up with something 'brilliant'? "Yeah, we came up with it, but for now let's just drop this topic of discussion and move on to something more positive!" Fo shouted with false enthusiasm. Nodding in agreement, I headed to Mace's room to check up on her. 
 
 

 
 
Hello my readers!!! I hope you enjoyed the update!! I wasn't planning on it turning into this Drama mess, but for some reason it turned out that way... Oh, well XD please comment and let me know what ya think ;)