Flamingo

Quirks of Being a Maid

"It appears as if the business has been doing substantially well within the last year. Due to the recent renovations and programs added for entertainemt, customer satisfaction is at an all-time high. And the 'Damsel' employees, although quite the risk on your part, ended up paying out in the end. The Hotel got a lot of recognition for taking in these poor souls and giving them support. You're parents couldn't be more proud." "That's wonderful to hear Seth, but why exactly are you informing me of all this" I mumbled in confusion, only partially paying him any mind. I may let Seth control the business but I still have to physically review and sign all documentation. Sometimes it can be a bother, but it's the price I must pay to continue my life of solitude. "Well... I figured you'd want to know your parents have been checking in on you." "Let's not play pretend Seth. We're all adults now. They were making sure their rebel daughter hasn't run their precious Hotel into the dirt. Can't have their reputation sullied by the failure they must admit to being related to" I mumbled bitterly. It's not that I hate my parents... I'm actually greatful with how much they've worked around my emotional needs, but if they truly cared I never would've been put in the position I'm in. I have no desire to be a part of the family business. Period. Which makes me an anomaly, an outcast, someone who has been looked down the nose at for years. This place has been passed through many generations, holds a lot of memories and I love it with all my heart, but the patience and dedication this place requires, I just don't have it in me. I want to go back to a simpler life, the precious serenity I had before entering into the shining golden haze of this family. However, I owe them my life, so I'll do my best to try and not be anymore of a disappointment. "Fo, you know-why would yo- don't say such rubbish! They love you no matter what anyone else thinks!!! And if they didn't see you as a failure through your senior year, then there's nothing in this world that'll ever sway them." Hmm, high school... goodtimes... "Oh shut up. You were just as horrifying" I chuckled, giving him a gentle nudge. "Yeah, yeah. Now finish up, only a few more signatures to go before your free. Seriously, your new compadres have been creepily peeking in through the window for hours and Ave has been screaming in my ear about how lonely she is. If i'm approached ONE MORE TIME by someone looking for you, I'm hitting them with the first thing my hands touches." "But Sethykins!! What if it's something inappropriate?!" I cackled while watching the heat creep up his face. "I hate you." "Love you too Boo" I cooed, kissing his cheek. With one last parting glare, Seth stormed out of the room, door slamming behind him. With a sigh, I put the finishing touches on my paperwork before stuffing it in an envelope so it could be shipped. Arms stretched joyfully to the heavens, I let out a wail as my body cried in relief for sweet movement after half a day of being cooped up in a chair. "Are you finally finished?" Tao suddenly peeked into the room, sheepish grin on his face. "Why yes my adorable little stalker Panda!" "Stalker?" "Don't pretend like I didn't see you hovering outside the window for a good three hours. Cute little eyes peeking around the window ledge like a child checking to see if the coast is clear so they can steal from the cookie jar." "Interesting analogy choice" he mumbled, face flushed in embarassment. Too precious!! "Let us venture forth into the treacherous world to reunite with our companions this fine eve!!" I crowed, dragging a blushing Panda behind me.

                     "What exactly do you think you're doing?" I hovered over Chen's shoulder. With a yelp, the startled Troll stumbled forward into some kind of..... pulley system? "NO NO NO!!!" he squeaked as the ropes suddenly jerked, covering him with some sticky substance before another set of ropes shifted, bringing down a trash bin that swung in an arc, colliding with his chest and sending him flying into a cushiony heap of downy pink feathers. 'I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and assume this elaborate scheme was not for yourself" I giggled at the glaring feathery choas in Mace's closet. When Panda and I entered our corridor, he instantly high-tailed it back to the sactuary of his room, leaving me smiling fondly after him. Before I could travel further, I heard some weird muttering, so following the noise I discovered Chen hunched outside Mace's closet tying ropes and I just couldn't resist. Kinda wonder who he planned on ensnaring.... Actually, a more pressing question; What happened to Mace's creeper cove? Did Chen find the pictures? Does Angry Bird know? "But of course", he snarked, "I've always wanted to look like a flamingo!" "No need to be testy, You make an adorable bird!" I cackled, leaving him sputtering in the closet. Walking further into the depths of the hallway, I finally found the rest of the crew huddled in Ave's room watching some kinda rom-com. Pathetic Saps. Before I could make a snide comment, I heard a gasp from behind me. Turning my head quickly, I came face to chest with Chanyeol. "Well HELLO, you looking fiiiiine. Life's definitely treating you right." "Um, my eyes are up here" he huffed. "I know, I'm just enjoying the view." With a gasp of outrage, Chanyeol wrapped his arms protectively around his torso and rushed passed me into the room, hiding behind Mr. Angry Bird. "Boo, you're no fun" I whined, throwing myself down on the bed next to Mace. "ert much?" Lula pipped in from across the room. "Girly much?" I fired back. "Excuse you? I am a man!! I'm manly!" "Whatever helps you sleep at night Princess." Mouth opened for an angry retort, Lula was instantly interrupted by Suho. "How about we all just get along and watch the mov-" Suho stopped mid-speach, eyes widening before he burst into laughter, tears of mirth streaming down his face. Following his line of vision, the rest of the group burst into hysterics at the sight of a irate Flamingo standing in the doorway. "Laugh while you can! I'll get you, I'll get you all!!!" "And your little dog too!!" I squeaked, barely able to breath through my laughter. At least I got some joy out of a very long day.....

 

Kris's POV

Mace has been really shifty all morning... I don't trust her. No one spends that much time in their room. Add in the continous disappearances and you get someone who's obviously plotting. Bet it's some kind of prank. She did willingly room with a well known troll. Actually, Chen's been mucking around muttering to himself a lot the last few days. I bet their teaming up for something big! Well whatever they're scheming, I'm not biting. In fact, I, Wu Yifan, will beat them to the punch!! I will reveal their evil deeds before some poor soul has the misfortune of becoming thier next victim!! The air suddenly whooshed out of my lungs as an elbow drove into my gut. "Stop smiling like that. It's creepy" Fo huffed before moving away a couple feet. When did she move close enough the injure me?! NINJA!!! That woman is a danger to society. Better keep an eye on her as well or i'll end up in an early grave.

 

 

 

Been a bit folks >< *Sheepishly bows head* Can't lie, my focus for writing is pretty much non-exsistent at this point. Especially with all the amazing fanfiction out there for myself to read XD But this kinda popped into my head after re-reading the garbage i've already posted so TADA XD Can't say how long til the next chappie, but I shall never give up! It will have a proper ending when the time comes. Thanks to all you wonderfully loyal fans who kept up with this failure of an author. You folks are why this continues :D Til we next meet!!!! BANANA BAJI!!!!!