Secrets

Quirks of Being a Maid

"Live with you?" I screeched in horror, mouth open wide in shock. "You should probably shut your mouth before the flies arrive" Sehun laughed mockingly. Snapping my mouth closed, I turned to throw him a murderous glare. Instantly he yelped in fright and hid behind Kris. Ha! You think that giant can save you? Think again you little monster... "We already talked to the manager and he agreed to let us move into this wing with you girls. This way, we can protect you from anymore Saesang fans who decide your lives aren't worth living" Suho stated with calm assurance. Before I could continue to protest, Mace and Avy threw me a silencing look. What is this? My compadres are ganging up against me now! How could my own friends do this to me?! "That would be great" Avy commented enthusiastically while shooting a shy glance towards Lula. "Yeah, I don't think I'll feel safe anymore otherwise" Mace cooed while shuffling closer to Chen. Hmm, another one she's fond of from Exo? "Psh, yeah cause we'll totally need these 'big, strong men' to protect us" I sarcastically remarked while rolling my eyes in exasperation at my love struck friends. "YES!" they both yelled in stereo, causing me and the boys to stare at them in open mouthed shock. "Well... What happens if s-someone, like, decides to attack-k again?" Mace stuttered over her words, while wringing her hands in embarrassment. "Yeah" Avy added on, "you saw how it went today. Without protection we'll be DOOMED the next time." Ha! What a pathetically OBVIOUS excuse. They just want to be able to spend time around their lover boys. *Sigh* "Fine, I'll agree with the stupid arrangement, but I'm going to let you all know right now. If ANYONE enters my room without permission, you won't live to see tomorrow." With that said, I turned and stormed to what I was now claiming as my room, and slammed the door shut behind me. 
 

 

Avy's POV


"I'm sorry about her. It's not that she hates you guys, it's just that she's uncomfortable when surrounded by people, that's why we work on this wing. As co-manager of the hotel, she doesn't have to do this kind of work. Actually her parents don't want her doing maid work at all, but because of a previous occurrence, they assigned her to this deserted wing. That way she'd get what she wanted and their daughter wouldn't be serving the guests." "Wait, she owns this place! I've been sassing the manager!!" Sehun squealed in horror. "No, her parents own it and Fo was sent to run the building in their stead. But don't worry, she considers herself a worker and Seth the owner." Mace turned to me in confusion, "so Seth isn't my Boss, Fo is?" I shook my head in confirmation to her questions. "But if she's the boss, Fo could've just overruled the whole 'living together' case!" Mace yelled, still thoroughly confused. "Like I said, she refuses to see herself as manager. That's why she answers to Seth, she'd prefer to leave everything in his hands." "So" Luhan said as he leaned closer to me, "what was this so called 'occurrence' that pushed her parents to giving her what she wanted?" Forcing back the blush I felt coming, I looked at the floor as I answered him, since I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes without fainting. "Well, she was always against taking over management. Working with people wasn't her forte, but her parents sent her here anyways. For the first few months, things went smoothly. Fo was able to get by with just signing some documents, completely avoiding human contact, but eventually she was told it wouldn't be enough. As a manager, it's important to interact with your guests and attend meetings over the future of the company. Compiling to her parents wishes, she began to try and commingle with her guests but she just couldn't connect with them. Fo always managed to say something that would offend them, causing business to go down the drain. Then she attended her first meeting..." "Oh, this should be interesting!" Chanyeol yelled in excitement as he moved in closer to listen intently to the story. I swear, if there was a concession stand around, he'd be buying snacks to munch as he enjoyed 'Story Time'. "Hmm... Very exciting" I giggled before settling bak into story-mode. "The trouble started when she arrived late, only to discover a room full of people judge mentally staring at her. I was standing near the projector screen, so I was there to witness the whole scene. Fo shuffled into the room, looking really shaky as she sat down in the last empty chair. For several minutes she sat silently, listening to ideas being thrown around about how they could increase business. Then, in the crowd of men, one idiot in the corner of the room, pipped up about how he thought it was time for some new management. As a girl, he thought Fo didn't have the right skills to run a business. 'Women are to weak minded and easy to push around' were his exact words. I watched as Fo silently stood up and turned to face the doorway. Thinking he had won the argument, he began pointing out how she was 'running in fear' which just proves women aren't management material. Now, I kid you not, before anyone could even blink, Fo picked up her chair and hucked it across the room. It collided into the wall, right next to the cocky idiot, leaving behind a giant hole from the impact. 'Weak-minded? Only someone with a low intelligence himself would say such a thing. Easy to push around? Why don't you come over here and prove it.' It was so cool! But because of that, her parents lost a valuable investor, so they complied to Fo's wishes. She's still manager but, they handle all the meetings and Seth interacts with the guests." Looking around I noticed everyone was looking towards Fo's room with identical looks of respect. "I think it's cool that she stood up for herself and the female race" Mace said as she pumped her fist into the air, "best boss ever!" "Yeah, it's really cool that she didn't let those guys push her around, even though she was obviously uncomfortable with the while situation" Tao quietly added on. Haha! I wonder how Fo would react if she knew what we were talking about...
 

 

Regular POV


Psh, those guys are so over-dramatic! My personal life isn't that spectacular or really any of their concern. Moving my ear away from the door, I sat back on my heels, contemplating on whether I should confront them or hide the fact that I know they heard about my life story. Choosing the first option, I went storming out of my room towards the group. I saw Avy's head snap up and then a look of guilty terror made its way across her face. "Why are you telling my life story out here?" I snapped, once I was standing in front of Avy. "I figured its something everyone should know, since we'll practically be living together." "No! No one needed to know anything! What if I started spouting your life story 'cause it 'should be know'?" "That's not the same!" Avy fumed. "Yes it is! It's something I didn't want other people to know! I'm allowed to have secrets, just like you!" Breathing heavily I glared down at her. Everyone around us was completely silent, watching us with expressions of dumbfounded curiosity. "I'm sorry, I guess I didn't think of that. I just didn't want Exo to think you hated them, 'cause with the way you stormed out of here earlier, it appeared as if you weren't too fond of them. One thing led to another, and without even realizing it I had kinda told them everything" Avy said as she hung her head in shame. *Sigh* "It's okay" I said as I patted her shoulder, "I understand and don't worry, you're secret is still safe with me." Avy looked up and flashed me a grateful smile, which I returned with a wink. "And as for you guys" I said, turning to the rest of the 'party', "I don't want to hear ANYTHING about what you learned today. To you, I am a maid and that's final." They all shook their heads in agreement and I threw them a smile, "Good! Now let's go eat 'cause I'm starving!"  "But what about the rooms?" Sehun asked in confusion. "What about them?" I asked, turning towards him with a frown. "Well, we still need to decide rooming arrangements and then transfer all of our luggage to here."  Hmm... There are only twelve rooms in this hall, but fourteen people to occupy them... "Well, I refuse to share a room so you can all battle for your sleeping arrangements, later. Right now it's food time!" 

 

Oh ho!! They're all gonna be spending some extra quality time together XD Wondering who's gonna be bunking together? Well yore gonna have to continue reading to figure it out!! I have the next chapter completed, but ima wait to post til I get some feed back. So comment and subscribe if ya like the story 😄!!!