OMG YESSSSS!!!

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

After that day, I had been trying really hard to avoid Heechul, telling him excuses like I’m busy and all. To my dismay Heechul still did not seem to get it. He was convinced that I was still pissed by the ‘toothbrush’ incident.

“Yah, can’t you just get over it? It’s just a toothbrush! Is it really worth your time and energy still angry over and ignore our 20-year friendship?” Heechul said.

That was probably the millionth time he had said that.

-Urgh, that idiot.

“Told you it’s NOT about the toothbrush,” I snapped.

“Then what?”

I have probably heard this question for a million times.

“I’m just busy.”

And I'm probably saying this for the millionth time.

“Do you really mind that much?” Heechul just wouldn’t stop breathing down my neck, “I don’t see what’s the problem! I have a really nice breath you know~”

With that, he opened his mouth and heaved a big breath right into my face.

“Urgh, stop it,” I was really flustered by the sudden closeness between the two of us, with him really close to me. And, I just can’t stop looking at his lips.

“Soo Young.... Don’t ignore me okay, I’m really bored without you... Go to the gym with me?” Heechul asked with puppy eyes.

“Okay okay,” I pushed him away gently and Heechul was jumping around like a happy kid.

-Phew, if he were to come any closer, I might really have kissed him.

\

Finally, it’s Wednesday, the day of audition. I accompanied Heechul to Star Empire.

Outside the audition room, Heechul was trembling like a , literally.

“Hey chill, dude,” I said.

“Ahhhhhh~” Heechul was too nervous to even sit down properly. He walked back and forth while waiting for his turn anxiously.

“Hey,” I stopped Heechul by grabbing his hand. Effortlessly I pulled him into the seat beside me. Gently and encouragingly, I said, “Don’t worry. I’m sure you will do fine. Just do as you would during the practices we had, okay?”

We had been having practices late into the night for the last few days. Heechul was getting better and better. Fortunately because of his talent for rapping, he was able to master the audition piece just within a few days. I was pretty confident that he would make it.

He nodded as he gave me a grateful look.

“Jung Heechul,” a voice came over from the end of the corridor, “Please enter now.”

“OMG!” Heechul couldn’t hide the look of surprise on his face, “Ottokke....!”

“Don’t worry you can do it!” I smiled encouragingly, “HWAITING!”

“HWAITING!” Heechul returned my smile and proceeded to enter the room.

I waited patiently outside the room. Ten minutes elapsed by, and he has not come out. His audition piece is only about 3-4 minutes. He should have been done by then. I started to wonder if he’s okay.

“Hey.”

A voice made me look up. It’s Dong Jun.

“Hi,” I smiled, my cheeks slightly hot because I remembered the peck of kiss the other day.

“Here to accompany Heechul?” He asked as he took a seat beside me.

I nodded.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he will be fine.” Dong Jun smiled.

“Thanks,” I returned his smile, “But it has already been 15 minutes by now. Is it really okay?”

Dong Jun smiled, “Yupp. Usually the audition lasts around 20 minutes because the manager would want to interview the candidates. Don’t worry.”

Gently, he reached out to give my hand a small squeeze. His sudden action took me by surprise. My heartbeat started accelerating and I could no longer hide the blush on my face.

“Soo Young,” His tone was so gentle that it melted me totally, “I...”

Something in his voice made me look up. I did, and our gazes locked; I saw affection in his eyes, so strong that I could not tear away my gaze from him.

“I really like you... Would you be my girlfriend?”

His confession came too sudden. I was too unprepared.

Flustered, I stuttered, “I...”

-Ottokke, ottokke... I really like him but... it seems like something is bugging me inside. Who? Junyoung? Nah, I don’t even like him. If not... Heechul...?!

My eyes widened with surprise.

-God, that thought is freaking me out. How could I possibly fall in love with my best best best friend, who only likes guys?!

“Soo Young...”

-Dong Jun’s a really nice boy... But...

And then, the sound of opening doors saved me. It was Heechul. His audition has ended and I saw him bowing to someone in the room as he came out, and finally closing the door.

Dong Jun and I immediately moved away from each other in embarrassment as Heechul walked towards us.

Pretending that nothing happened, I asked, “Everything okay? When will the results be out?”

Heechul gave a small nod and said, “Later.”

He slid into the seat between me and Dong Jun –which made us even more awkward- and said nothing.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, concerned.

“Nah, I just feel like I screwed up my audition. But it’s okay.”

I nodded.

“What were the two of you doing during my audition?”  Heechul asked, and then sudden realisation hit him, “OMG sorry! I didn’t mean to interrupt your sweet moment!”

Dong Jun and I flushed red.

“HEY HEY HEY!” Out of nowhere, Kwanghee’s amazingly loud voice interrupted our conversation. A silent sigh of relief escaped me because Kwanghee’s voice totally diverted Heechul’s attention away from Dong Jun and me.

“Ooh Dong Jun you’re here too?” Jun Young asked.

Behind Kwanghee, it was Jun Young. The two of them had come to asked about Heechul’s audition.

Heechul replied, “Kinda screwed. I’m really nervous now.”

“It’s okay,” Jun Young comforted as he gave him an encouraging smile, “I’m sure you did fine. Don’t worry about it.”

Kwanghee offered words of comfort too, and Heechul accepted them gratefully, to my surprise. I bet Heechul was so nervous that he forgot all about his dislike for Kwanghee.

And finally, there came the results for the audition. Heechul received the results from a staff at the counter and his fingers were quivering.

“Go on and open it,” we encouraged.

Heechul took a deep breath and unfolded the paper.

Our eyes all widened in surprise;

And happiness.

There it wrote on the paper;

‘Succesful.’

“YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG!!!”

With that, Heechul immediately hugged me tight as he squealed loudly in joy, much to the surprise of Dong Jun, Jun Young, Kwanghee, and even myself.