... Because I like you.

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

OMG OMG HOW DID MIN WOO KNOW?!

Now he’s the third person on earth to know this big big secret. (Heechul’s of course the first and I’m the second) Shocked, I choked on my ice cream.

Omg omg I can’t breathe. The freezing semi-solid mush was still blocking my airway and I coughed even louder this time.

“Oh my goodness, are you okay?!” Min Woo patted on my back gently as he looked at me, worried.

“I… I… Yeah, no worries…” I tried to say in between my coughs.

“Come on, take a seat,” Min Woo beckoned me to sit down.

When I was feeling better, I said, “Thanks I’m okay. I’m just…”

“Shocked?” Min Woo chuckled.

“Yeah,” Then, I stared at him, “How did you know?”

“Wells,” Min Woo smiled, “It’s really obvious. From the way he treats Jun Young. Every day he just sticks around Jun Young and sometimes they get a bit touchy, haha. It doesn’t take a very sensitive person to realise that, except that I have to say the other 6 men are a little slow and lag you see.”

I laughed, “That’s so mean.”

“Really! And all his posters are generally male-biased, isn’t it a little weird for a guy?” Min Woo said, “Yupp, unless you’re special in that way.”

I nodded, “Oh…”

“So,” All of a sudden, Min Woo gave me a damn serious look, “You like him right?”

I flushed red, not knowing what to say.

“I can understand how you feel. What I wanna say is, sometimes you may feel like it’s impossible for certain things to happen, but the truth is, they still do. So it’s still possible that he might like you. You will just have to follow your heart. Trust your heart and instincts. You never know what will happen.”

Awed, I looked up and saw a totally different Min Woo. The cute and adorable prince charming I have always seen was gone; he’s now mature and charismatic.

I smiled, “Thank you, Min Woo Oppa.”

“No problem, silly. Let’s go home now, shall we?” Min Woo offered his arm and I gladly took it. With Min Woo around, I felt really secure. I felt too, like a little girl, because he will be always there to protect you and care for you.

I smiled, and secretly pray for such a precious bond to never end.

\

It was already late when I reached the dorm. By then, the guys – more like kids, actually- had already dozed off on the sofa. I smiled as I switched off the video game set. Worried that they might catch a cold, I went into their rooms to get their blankets. I carefully tucked them under their blankets.

“Mhmmm…” Kwanghee groaned as he fidgeted. I smiled. Why do I feel like I’m their Noona instead?

When it was Heechul, I slowed down. Meticulously, I tucked his arms under the blanket; I know he loves to sleep that way. I smiled when I heard that he’s snoring slightly in his sleep because I knew that that meant he was already sound asleep. When I saw that his fringe was covering his beautiful eyes, I gently tucked them behind his ears. I took the luxury of time to study his face. That’s when I saw a little pimple on his nose. Unknowingly, a smile crept up my lips. I know that he’s so going to scream the roof down the next morning; Good luck to ZE:A, from the bottom of my heart.

That was when I heard footsteps nearing the living room. I quickly stepped back from the sofa and pretended to off the television.

“Hey Soo Young, ready to go? I can send you home,” Jun Young smiled at me.

I took a glance at my watch, it’s already midnight. I suppose this is inevitable because there’s no public transport services.

“Yea, thank you so much,” I smiled.

“Spare all that formalities,” Jun Young said, “You’re already like a little sister to us. It’s our responsibility to take care of you isn’t it?

I smiled, “Thank you Oppa.”

“Again?” Jun Young chuckled, “Alright alright, be at the porch in 5 minutes, I will go get the car first.”

I nodded and watched as he left the house. Quietly, I crept back to Heechul’s side quietly and caressed the sides of his face gently.  I wondered how long it will take before I see him the next time because he would be so busy to spare time for me. With that thought I started to ache in my heart. I knew that I’m going to miss him very badly.

Deep in thoughts, my fingers stop at his lips unknowingly. When I finally realised where my fingers are, I recoiled them almost instantaneously in surprise. Despite trying very hard to, my eyes still landed and were fixed on his lips.

As though I was pulled forward by an unknown force, I started to close on him slowly. With only inches apart, I closed my eyes; and I planted a small kiss on one corner of his lips.

“Oppa… Take cares… I gonna miss you so much…”

Then I opened my eyes.

“Because I like you.”

Heechul’s still sleeping soundly. His angelic features made my heart pound so hard that I had to calm myself down.

As much as I couldn’t bear to, I took one last glance at the beautiful sleeping angel and left.

\

Upon hearing the closing of the door, Heechul opened his eyes slowly. Confused, he sat up and tried to make sense of what just happened.

“I’m gonna miss you so much…”

“Because I like you.”

These words lingered in his mind for long. It felt surreal, but he knew it wasn’t a dream because that was definitely Soo Young.

Gently, his fingers touched the corner of his lips;

It was still warm.

His eyes widened with surprise. Yes, it really wasn’t a dream at all;

Soo Young did kiss him.