Goodbye is the saddest word.

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

I just wouldn’t let go of him. The thought of him leaving me for good was too much for me to bear.

“Sooyoung  ah…” Heechul wrapped his arms around me gently and patted me gently on my shoulders. Then I felt him trying to move away from me.

‘No!’ I buried my head deeper into his chest and clinged onto him harder, refused to let go, “Just a while more, just a while more…”

Heechul seemed surprised at my imploring tone, he stopped and this time he hugged me tighter, “Okay…”

I hugged him tight, so tight that I think he can barely breathe anymore, but amazingly, his chest was inhaling and exhaling so perfectly, as if it was the rhythmic waves of the ocean. And when I listened to his heart, it was beating so passionately, yet gentle at the same time. It was such perfect moment that my tears stopped in amazement. I started to wonder why I am feeling this way.

‘Am I really falling in love with Heechul?’

It was kinda a jaw-dropping question to ask myself because it was something that I had been avoiding since a few weeks. And now I think I know the answer.

Yet, time is a cruel factor that refused my answer. So what if I really do? Heechul is going away for good, for good…

This time, Heechul broke the hug firmly, yet gently.

“Sooyoung ah… I need to go soon… Don’t cry, alright? I promise to meet up with you whenever I’m free… Yasoke…” He took my pinkie and promised. My nose soured again when I saw his eyes reddening when he tried so damn hard to fight back his tears.

“Alright, get going back soon, I’ll call you okay?” No matter how hard I wanted to shake my head, I couldn’t bear to refuse him; I nodded.

“Great,” he smiled; it was a sorta broken, sad smile.

When they turned to leave, Heechul waved. I feel numb in my hands and had to gather all of my strength to wave back. Jun Young and Min Woo gave me a gentle smile and asked me to take cares.

I watched as the car drove out of the backyard and disappeared down the length of road. Unknowingly, the veil of tears in my tears blurred my vision again.

\

Heechul did call back alright. I sorta didn’t want that call because I didn’t want Heechul to know that I have been crying. I was trying really hard to make my voice sound stable.

“Yah, have you been crying again?” Heechul asked.

“Nawwww why would I? You’re not THAT important okay, Jung Heechul.” I tried to sound sarcastic.

“Ha right, why am I hearing such a nasal voice? You must have been crying.” Heechul wasn’t at all convinced.

“Been watching too much Korean dramas~” I quipped.

“Hahaha don’t try to fool me,” Heechul chuckled.

I smiled, but I just kept quiet.

“Sooyoung ah…”

“Huh?”

“Don’t cry anymore, alright. It really hurts me to see you cry…” His tone was so gentle that I felt like crying again. My throat was tightening so hard that I could barely reply him.

“Yea…”

“OMG you’re going to cry again!” Heechul was at a fluster again. I could almost imagine him scratching his head helplessly at the other end of the line. I giggled.

“Yea, but not anymore.”

“What?! She’s still crying?!” Then I heard Kwanghee’s voice in the background. Heechul must have been so loud.

“Let me talk to her!” Kwanghee grabbed the phone and said, “Hey Sooyoung don’t cry anymore! Don’t worry we won’t kill your friend here, he’s perfectly safe.”

I laughed, “Yea I know…”

“Then don’t cry anymore! You’re making your friend crying too!”

“Hey I’m not!” I heard Heechul retorting in the background.

“Alright alright stop bickering. Let me talk to her.” There came Jun Young too. He picked up the phone and said, “Hello Sooyoung, how are you?”

Jun Young is indeed the gentleman. I smiled and replied, “Thanks I’m fine.”

“Great to hear that. Just wanna tell you can come over whenever you’re free to visit Heechul and us kay? We will always welcome you.”

I laughed and joked, “Even at the middle of the night?”

Jun Young laughed, “Yupp, then you can stay overnight here.”

“Thanks,” I smiled.

Then the phone was given back to Heechul.

“Alright, buddy, so stop crying okay? We can meet up, like this weekend?”

“Really?” I smiled, “Okay!”

“Alright I will come over to pick you up yea, or do you prefer 9 hot guys to pick you up?” Heechul joked.

“Maybe 9 hot guys?” I laughed.

“Sure thing! Alright, turn in soon, it’s getting late. Nights, and sweet dreams!” I smiled as I ended the call.

That night, for the first night in that few days, I fell asleep smiling to myself.