A second fall.

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

He caught me so beautifully that I fell right into his embrace. Yeah, beautiful indeed, because my face was buried in his chest –ahem hot abs you see- and I could not even breathe normally. I was hoping that was due to a lack of oxygen and not, umm, yupp you know.

But, anyway, thanks to this hot dude, I didn’t break any bones. I tried to get to feet quickly to prevent my cheeks from flushing any redder, but it was a fail attempt; I was too nervous to even stand properly. His arms were around my shoulders when he helped me to my feet.

“Are you okay?” There was genuine concern in his eyes.

“Yeah,” I nodded.

But that was when I realised tens of pairs of eyes on me.

-OOPS.              

Awkwardly, I tried to wriggle out of his arms that were still firm around my shoulders. As if to make things worse, Heechul was also staring at us.

-Uh-oh.

His stare soon turned into a glare. In quick short strides, he came over and firmly removed that guy’s hands off my shoulders. In a swift move, he pulled me near him with his right arm around me.

“Are you okay?” Heechul asked.

Surprised by the sudden turn of event, I stuttered, “U-ummm, umm, y-yeah…”

“Good,” Heechul said in a sorta cold voice.

-O.o what’s happening to Heechul?

“Miss, are you really okay? If you’re injured in any way, I’m willing to pay for your medical expenses,” that guy asked again.

“Omg no no, not so serious,” In a fluster, I declined his offer, “I’m really okay.”

“Really?”

“Yes,” I nodded, almost frantically because it really wasn’t as serious as it seemed.

He looked as if he was about to say something else, but Heechul interrupted him swiftly, “You heard my girlfriend, she’s alright.”

-Eh? Girlfriend?!

I turned to stare at Heechul and to my surprise, he had a straight face; it seemed like he was dead serious about it.

“I’m just worried…”

“Nothing to worry about. I will take good care of her,” Heechul interrupted again and I frowned a little. It seemed a little rude of Heechul to do that. After all, that guy seemed like a gentleman to me. I didn’t think he meant any harm.

Fortunately, that guy didn’t take it to heart. He continued with a smile as he passed us his name card, “Great. But just in case she feels unwell in any way, you can look for me. I apologise for this incident. It was an error on my employee’s part.”

So I was right, he’s the boss of this boutique. Cool. But, I pity that girl who bumped into me. She must have been really nervous to finish her job when her boss was around, that’s why she bumped into me. Stupid Heechul, what’s with his pissed face? Now I’m worried that this guy will fire her.

Heechul made no movement to accept the name card. I nudged him in his ribs, but to no avail. Awkwardly, I took the card quickly and said, “No no I was at fault too, so please do not blame her.”

“But still I apologise for the incident,” He bowed slightly. Then, he continued, “By the way, nice to meet you, I’m No Min Woo.”

At first I thought I heard his name wrongly. I glanced at the name card and realised that it was indeed Min Woo.

-Cool. Another Min Woo. And the amazing thing is, he seems to be a gentleman like Min Woo Oppa.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Lee Soo Young,” I smiled. I nudged Heechul to introduce himself but he ignored so I took over, “And he’s Jung Heechul.”

Min Woo held out his hand and I had to jab Heechul hard in his ribs before he would finally hold out his hand to return his handshake.

-Oh my god, what’s his problem?!

“Sorry, but we really need to go soon. Thank you for your help just now.” Even when Heechul was thanking Min Woo, his voice was still cold and expressionless.

“Bye,” with that, Heechul grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me out of the boutique. I had to struggle very hard before I could turn around and waved Min Woo a polite goodbye.

When we were quite a distance away from the boutique, I tried to wriggle of Heechul’s grab, but he was too strong for me.

“Oppa, you’re hurting me!”

As though a little unwilling to, Heechulfinally let of his grip on my shoulders, “Sorry.”

Rubbing my shoulders gently, I frowned, “Oppa, what’s wrong with you? Why were you so rude to Min Woo-sshi just now?”

“Rude?” Heechul gave me a ‘WTF’ face.

“Yes, absolutely!” I gave a look of disapproval.

“Rude? Ha, didn’t you see how he wrapped his arms around you just now…?!”

“He was just helping me! Thanks to him, if not I would have broken a few bones.”

Heechul scoffed, “Ha, so he’s your hero now?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” I frowned.

“Oh whatever, you wouldn’t care if I make sense. All you care if how your Min Woo Oppa saved you from a fall just now. You wouldn’t even care about me anymore isn’t it.”

Surprised, and hurt, I stared, “W-what?”

As though Heechul realised how much his words hurt me, his facial expression softened, “I-I…I…”

I stared, while waiting for his explanation.

“I-I don’t feel well. I’m going home now.”

I saw a guilt in his eyes. But before I can respond, he turned to leave.

“Oppa!”

It seemed like he didn’t hear me.

“Oppa…”

My voice trailed off.

What exactly has gotten into Heechul?!

\

Still confused by Heechul’s sudden change into attitude towards me, I went home. When I was outside my house, I glanced at Heechul’s house which was right beside mine. I wondered if I should go in to ask him if he’s alright.

But then I decided I should not. He’s probably just not in a good mood today.

But again, he was alright just now, when we were still shopping around;

Till the incident in the boutique.

Man, I was really confused.

What exactly happened to Heechul?!

I thought I would just talk to Min Woo Oppa (ZE:A of course) about it, maybe he will have some answers to my question.

-Yeah I should, I can’t stop thinking about it anyway.

I waited patiently for the other end of the line to answer and when it finally came, I gave a sigh of relief.

“Hello?”

“Hello?” Min Woo answered, “Soo Young?”

“Oppa.”

“What’s up?” Min Woo chuckled.

“I…”

“Hmmm aren’t you supposed to be on a date with Heechul today? Heard him talking about it the other day. Things didn’t go well?” Min Woo made a guess.

-Gosh is he a psychic? He seemed to know everything from how I like Heechul to how Heechul is a gay, and how things weren’t going well for us on our date.

 “U-ummm yupp…”

“Need a listening ear?”

I smiled, “Thank you. That’s exactly why I ringed you up.”

“Okay, I’m listening.”

I smiled. Sometimes I was really thankful for the fact that Min Woo had his way of knowing things so I have someone to talk to about my problems.

“Heechul and I just had a quarrel…” I gave a long sigh before I patiently narrated everything that happened in the boutique to her.

When I was done, Min Woo laughed. Surprised, , I asked, “Why? It’s not anything funny.”

“I’m not laughing at how you guys quarrelled, I’m laughing at why Heechul is reacting this way to that Min Woo guy,” Min Woo chuckled.

“Huh?”

“Perhaps you have not realised it, the reason why Heechul was so pissed is because,” Min Woo chuckled again, “he likes you.”

-Huh?!

“What?!”

Min Woo chuckled, “There’s no need to feel so surprised my dear. Isn’t it obvious that he was feeling jealous that that Min Woo guy was so close to you just now?”

Struck by the realisation of how true that statement could be, I stuttered, “B-but… but…”

Min Woo chuckled again.

“B-but jealousy doesn’t mean that he likes me! He’s a gay, remember?”

“Yes, he does like guys, but it doesn’t mean for sure that he doesn’t like girls isn’t it?”

“True but…”

But, OMG, I realised that I had nothing to rebuke Min Woo. It seemed like my heart wanted so much to agree with him.

“From the way I see it, I don’t think you need to worry about the little quarrel you guys just had. It’s probably because Heechul was feeling confused about the way he felt about you. Just wait patiently for him to sorta out his feelings alright?”

I nodded as I replied, “Alright…”

“Great. There’s nothing to worry about then!”

“Thanks Oppa.” I smiled gratefully.

“No problem.”

We ended the call and unknowingly a smile crept up my lips;

 The thought of Heechul liking me seemed too good to be true, but still, I want to believe in it.

\

“Soo Young ah, I saw Heechul in his backyard just now. Ask him over dinner alright? I made his favourite sashimi roll,” Mum said as she lay the table.

“I-I…”

“Come on, be quick, the food’s getting cold already,” Mum beckoned me to hurry up as she walked back into the kitchen.

I had no choice but to ring Heechul up.

\

Half an hour later, Heechul arrived at the door. I opened the door, and for a few seconds, we stood awkwardly at the door.

“Is that Heechul?” Mum interrupted.

“U-umm, yeah,” I replied.

“Invite him in then, what are you waiting for, darling?”

Turning back to Heechul I gave him a small smile as I invited him into the living room. Heechul seemed to have cooled down; he returned my smile and walked in.

“Auntie,” he greeted politely.

“Heechul,” Mum smiled, “Come on, make yourself at home.”

Heechul smiled as he took his seat. I took the seat opposite his.

Throughout the dinner, there was awkward silence between the two of us. Mum seemed to have realised that there was something wrong between of us. Skilfully she kept the conversation going, pretending that she was oblivious to the awkwardness between the two of us.

After what it seemed like forever, we finally finished out dinner.

“Soo Young ah go on to catch up with Heechul,” Mum said, “I’m sure you guys have lots to tell each other after he moved to the dorm. I will bring you guys some fruits later.”

I knew that mum meant that she wanted me and Heechul to make up. I gave mum a grateful smile before Heechul and I walked up the stairs to our room.

Quietly, Heechul sat down on my bed. I closed the door of my room behind me gently and turned to him.

Damn it, this is so awkward. What should I say next?

Awkward silence hung in the air between the two of us till I decided to break it. I thought that I should just apologise for the ‘quarrel’ though I wasn’t really the one who started it.

“Oppa… Sorry for just now…” I said as I sat down beside him.

Surprised, he looked up. Stuttering, and as though flustered, “No no no, I should be the one apologising… I’m so sorry for losing my temper at you just now Soo Young. I really don’t know what’s gotten into me just now… I guess I was just too protective of you cuz I was really pissed when I saw that Min Woo having his hands all over you…”

Touched, I gave a small smile, “Thanks Oppa…”

Upon seeing my smile, he smiled too. The awkwardness between us relieved a little.

“But, it doesn’t mean that I wasn’t pissed at you okay,” Heechul pretended to be angry, “Why did you not protect yourself? Didn’t it occur to you that he might try to take advantage of you?”

I scrunched my nose and defended, “Naw, he doesn’t like a bad guy to me…”

“But his arms were around you!” Heechul retorted.

“He was just helping me,” I explained.

“You’re so silly. He could have taken advantage of you if you were a little more careless,” Heechul nagged.

I smiled. Heechul’s so sweet. Whether or not he likes me in that way, I don’t care. All I care for is that he still cares for me.

Naughtily I teased, “That’s cuz I know you will protect me. I’m not afraid at all.”

Despite trying to keep a straight face while ‘lecturing’  me, I caught a peek of a smile creeping up his lips.

“Oppa…” I nudged him and asked cheekily, “Right right?”

“As if,” Heechul tried to stay nonchalant by turning away from me and folding his arms.

“Oh come on, just admit it,” I tugged the end of his sleeve like a kid and grinned.

“Over my dead body.”

“Look me in my eyes and I will know!” I said as I grinned kiddishly. Mischievously I tried to turn him around but he resisted. I know that’s because he’s already smiling.

“Oppa!” I laughed as I tickled him. Heechul started wriggling, trying to keep still under my ‘attack’. But I know him too well to know that I was already winning; taking advantage of the situation, I tugged him harder this time to turn around.

-Yes, it’s gonna to work.

But little did I know I tugged him too hard;

So before I knew it, Heechul had already fallen on top of me.

OMG?!

.

.

.

Uh-oh, what did I do again?!