Oppa...!

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

Then it was the next morning. I was trembling slightly because of the cold and so I tried to squirm under the blanket for some warmth.

‘Hmmm...’

-Eh wait, something feels wrong.

I reached out and couldn’t find my blanket.

-And, my bed’s feels like ... it’s not mine?!

Almost instantaneously my eyes flew open and I saw many posters of hot male celebrities like Zac Efron, Rain, Robert Pattison on the ceiling.

-Ah, Heechul’s room.

But it’s not about that. Something else feels wrong.

I stared around until the sleeping figure beside me fidgeted. That’s when I got it.

And, I screamed, but silently of course.

Heechul’s hand is resting on my chest right now!!!

I could feel blood gushing through all the capillaries just beneath my facial skin, making my cheeks burning hot.

In fluster, I tried to remove his arm from my chest(?) but I could not because half of his body was weighing down on me, with his leg over mine and that’s why his arm was, ahem, over my chest.

-GAHHH. Ottokke. I think I’m going to die from embarrassment if he wakes.

And then I felt he stirred a little.

-OMG is he waking up soon?

I tried, again, to push him away, but no luck with that; he was simply too heavy for him. Instead of pushing him away, my push woke him up.

‘Ahhh~’ he groaned slightly as he opened his eyes slowly. I think he realised that something was wrong too because I saw surprise and shock in his eyes when he suddenly sat up right and scratched his head awkwardly.

“Sorry...”

“It’s... It’s okay...” It was obviously not.

“I...” Heechul gave a sheepish smile as he tried to make things less awkward, “Aish it’s not as if it’s the first time... We used to bathe together, remember?”

I tried to hide my flush as I retorted, “Yah Jung Heechul it’s not the same okay!”

“Okay relax relax, my bad my bad,” Heechul tried to calm me down, “You know I don’t mean that way.”

“Whatever!” I threw a pillow at him and pretended to look angry. Actually the idea of close intimacy with Jung Heechul since young has already set my heart racing, shoots.

Heechul avoided my pillow skilfully and said, “But you’re at fault too, why are you sleeping beside me?”

This time I was really pissed. I yelled, “HELLO?! Look, last night I was the one who sent you home okay? You threw up all over the place and I had to clean up. When I was taking care of you, you suddenly held onto me and wouldn’t let me go.”

Despite the harsh tone, I was already light-headed inside because the thought of Heechul hugging me was making me blushed again.

“Really?” Heechul asked in surprise. “Omg sorry baby.”

“Hrumph.”

“Alright alright, chill, don’t be angry anymore okay.”

Heechul tried aegyo and I just turned my head away. That was actually so that Heechul will not see my burning red cheeks.

\

For the next two days or so I found it hard to talk to Heechul without blushing like a tomato. Urgh I just wanna stop my heart from beating so fast in his presence, but I really could not.

“Yah Lee Soo Young, what are you doing hiding in that corner? Let’s go out! I kept the whole day free just for you, y’know,” Heechul said.

I pretended to be very engrossed in ‘Deathly Hallows’, “Naw, I want to read my book.”

“Chhhh you’re never the bookworm type, please.”

“This book is interesting.”

“Oh come on,” Heechul stood right before me and removed the book from my fingers, “I’m more handsome than Daniel Radcliffe.”

“Then I’m prettier than Emma Watson,” even then when I was trying to be sarcastic I couldn’t roll my eyes at him. I was afraid my heart could not bear his handsomeness when my gaze land on him.

“Alright you are,” Heechul chuckled. I started to frown slightly. Am I the only one feeling something between us? He seemed oblivious to it.

“What happened? Why are you frowning?”

I shook my head and kept quiet.

“Tell me, Soo Young, you’re killing me with your silence. Oh, are you still angry at me for what that happened the other day?”

-Was he referring to that morning?

I blushed, “N-no...”

“Talk to me please, I really want us to talk like before... Can’t we spend our last day together memorably?”

This question caught me surprised.

“Last day?” I raised my eyebrow questioningly.

“Yeah...” Heechul said, “I’ll be moving to the dorm from tomorrow onwards...”

“What?!”

\

I had a bad night that day. Too shocked by the sudden news I couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen after Heechul leaves; I’ll be all alone.

“Hey, my mum prepared lots of food for you, remember to have them when you’re hungry; I’m sure the training is going to be tough and you’re gonna be hungry,” I passed lunchboxes of kimchi and barbequed meat to Heechul.

Gratefully, Heechul took them and tucked them in neatly in his luggage bag, “Thank your mum for me.”

I nodded and gave a small smile, “Need any help?”

“Hmmm,” Heechul looked around, “I don’t think so. It’s okay, Soo Young, just sit down and accompany me okie?”

I nodded and sat down on his bed. I watched as he continued his packing, bringing lots of food, games and not forgetting his precious comics collection. All of a sudden I felt my nose souring.

I realised that Heechul was leaving for good. I’m going to be all alone for the next few years without him around.

Turning my face away, I tried to hold back my tears and it was nearly impossible. One tear escaped the corner of my eye and rolled down my face.

“Hmmm should I bring my Zac Efron posters? Uh I should huh, I think I can’t survive without looking at his face first thing in the morning everyday... Yea, I should...” I heard Heechul mumbling to himself, and then whistling cheerfully.

He seemed happy, I thought. But of course he should be feeling that way, cause’ he’s gonna live a completely different life from today onwards, I thought again.

‘Yes, I should just stop being by thinking how sad I would be after he left. I should be happy for him and not let him see me cry.’

Quietly, I sniffed back my eyes and allowed the wet streak on face to dry before putting a smile, “Of course! OMG imagine one day you might just meet them in person after you become a star!”

Initially, Heechul looked up, surprised by my complete change in attitude. Then he smiled, “Yea.”

Just then his phone ringed. Anxiously, he fished it out of his pocket and picked up the call, “Hello? Yes?”

It was Jun Young. I could hear his voice vaguely from the phone.

“Yupp I’m ready,” Heechul said as he hurriedly stuffed the last of his luggage into the bag and stood up, “Alright I’m coming down soon.”

I watched as he ended the call and then stuffed his sweater into his haversack. And, he’s finally ready to leave.

“Alright, I gotta go...” Heechul told me, his tone gentle and sweet, as if careful not to arouse any tears in me but they were already rushing to me.

I stood up too, but my legs felt as though they were giving way beneath me, “...”

When we were at the door, I saw that Jun Young had arrived. Min Woo was right beside him, and he gave me a smile. I tried my best to gather a smile but it failed.

“Alright I should leave soon. Take care kay, Soo Young,” He reached out to give my hand a gentle squeeze.

I was overwhelmed with emotions, too weak to return him his squeeze. Instead, I said, in an almost inaudible whisper with my voice cracking, “Take care...”

He gave me a smile and let go of my hand gently. I felt myself fighting to hold on to his hand but even his gentleness was too strong for me. My hand fell back to my side.

The moment Heechul turned around to leave, I felt the thickening of the veil of tears in my eyes. It blurred so hard that I could no longer see Heechul.

“Heechul...”

I saw Heechul reaching the van soon.

-Oh no. He’s going to be gone for a long time.

Then I saw Jun Young opening the door for him.

-No!

This time I could no longer hold back myself.

“Oppa!”

I saw him turning around in surprise.

“Heechul Oppa!”

With that, I ran straight to him and hugged him real tight.