Yah... JUNG HEECHUL!!!

Jung Heechul is my girlfriend?!

 

I was still fast asleep till I felt a sudden sense of warmth around me.

Opening my eyes, I saw a jacket on me. Sitting up, I waited as my eyes were getting used to the darkness around me.

“Y-you…” I squinted my eyes, trying to make out who that was, and when I did, I stared, “Heechul…?”

“Sorry to have woken you up from your sleep,” Heechul said.

“Naw it’s okay,” I replied, and then awkward silence hung between the two of us.

-Damn.

“I-” We said at the same time.

“You first,” I said. Though I was pretending to be cool about it, I was actually freaking nervous on the inside. My heart raced so fast that I thought I could just drop dead anytime. But that was such a stupid thought; I have not dated Heechul, how could I die just like that?

Oh wells. Just sayin’.

Anyway, so Heechul cleared his throat (I could sense that he was very nervous too) and said, “I-I…”

“…” I stared.

“Okay,” Heechul fidgeted awkwardly and finally took a deep breath before continuing, “Soo Young, there’s something I have been wanting to tell you.”

-OMG, is he going to confess soon?

“…”

I waited anxiously.

“I-I… Where do I start?” Heechul scratched his head awkwardly, “Okay, let’s put it this way, we have been friends for 20 years right?”

Slowly, I nodded my head, and said, “Uh-huh…”

“All along, you probably didn’t feel this way, but I have to tell you that I think I’ve fallen in love with you. Yes, this sounds stupid because it’s coming from someone whom himself was already convinced right into his that he was a gay, but this is the truth, Soo Young. I don’t know why, I really don’t, but I have really fallen in love with you….”

For the second time, my nose soured and my eyes stinged. But what that was different was, a smile was already creeping up the corners of my lips.

“I’m sorry if I was being such an idiot that I realised my feelings so late. All this while I have been hoping I will find the right person, but it turned out that it’s not a he but a she who has been beside me all along. She’s adorable, she’s caring and she understands me the best. What else can I ask for? Yes, I don’t know if she likes me, or not, but all I know is I have to tell her today, before I regret it-”

“Heechul!” before he could finish his sentence, I hugged him tight. Those words made me ecstatic inside, so much so that I thought my heart could explode soon.

Surprised by my sudden hug, he stuttered, “Soo Young ah…”

“Heechul…” Before I know it, I was already sobbing in his shoulders. Tears alright, but they were tears of joy.

“Soo Young…!” He broke the hug and stared, “Why are you crying?”

Flustered, he wiped my tears away and looked at me questioningly, “Sorry, did I scare you with my confession?  I-I I mean, I’m not asking for you to accept my love. I just want you to know that I really like you. We can be friends if-”

“No,” I shushed him with my finger on his lips and replied, “I don’t want us to be just friends…””

Horrified, Heechul stared, “What? Did I just destroy our friendship? No…! I want us to friends again… I’m so sorry Soo Young I will take back my words if-”

“No!” I stopped him again. This time I hit him on his chest, “Idiot…Why are you taking back your words? I didn’t say I won’t accept your confession…”

Heechul stared for a second or two, before he finally got it.

His face lit up, “What?”

-Idiot.:D

“I’m not repeating myself,” I pretended to look away but actually I was trying to hide my smile.

“Wait wait,” Heechul turned me back and asked unbelievably, “So you like me?”

“Uh-uh I didn’t say that,” I teased.

“You do you do you do!” Heechul jumped up and started running around in crazy happiness, “YAHOOOO~”

“No~” I tried to roll my eyes.

“Oh no, you do!” Heechul started ‘attacking’ me by tickling my sides.

-OMG this is one bad thing for having your childhood best friend as your boyfriend – knows you too well.

Good choice of attack, Jung Heechul.

 I ended up squealing, “Stop, stop, stop!”

“Say you like me then!” Heechul laughed.

“No…” Then he intensified the attacks and I eventually gave in. I squealed out loud “Araseo araseo, I like you… idiot!”

Heechul stopped tickling me and chuckled, “That’s better.”

Just then I realised that he was on top of me.

Oh god, just like the other time.

When he realised, he turned slightly red.

“This is… just like the other time, isn’t it…?” Heechul asked as he tucked my fringe neatly behind my ears.

Blushing, I nodded.

“So… should we do what we did the other time…?” Heechul came closer, saying it in an almost inaudible whisper.

I flushed deep red almost instantaneously. Shyly, I nodded and wait patiently for him to make the first move.

Heechul caressed my cheeks gently as he inched in bit by bit. When he was near that I could feel his warm breathing, both of us shut our eyes. And just a moment, our lips found their way to each other. Tongues intertwined, I felt our lips burning up, and even our bodies, in pure passion, and love.

 I slipped my arms around his waist to bring him close, so close that our hearts finally meet, and beating in union. This moment was perfect;

Just too perfect.

\

Two years later.

\

It was the day before the big day for the two of us. Heechul was so nervous that he could not sleep. Restless, he called me in the middle of the night.

‘Zzz’ My phone vibrated non-stop. Irritated, I flipped open the phone, “Yebosaeyo?”

“Hey darling!”

“Yeah…?” ‘Darling’ kinda chilled me a little; I wasn’t so irritated anymore.

“Why did you take so long to pick up the call? I have something important to ask you.”

“I was sleeping…” I yawned and continued, “Yeah, shoot.”

“So is tomorrow the big day? Sure we didn’t get the date wrong? Why do I have a feeling tomorrow is not? Really tomorrow? Really?”

Almost instantaneously, my eyes narrowed to -.-. I was just, speechless.

Actually, it wasn’t just that; I almost fell off my bed from his ridiculous nonsense too.

“Hey darling, you still there?” Heechul sounded anxious, and then he decided to scream cuz’ he thought that I might have fallen asleep, “DARLINGGG!!!”

Kinda irritated but also amazed by Heechul’s ‘impossible’ I asked, “Are you serious that you are interrupting my beauty sleep just to ask this question?!”

“No darling, it’s not stupid, I thought we could have flipped our calendar wrongly. Maybe it wasn’t September yet?”

“Yeah yeah yeah, totally,” I sighed, “I thought that you might be asking the wrong person too cuz in case you haven’t realised, I might not be the one you’re marrying tomorrow either.”

“WHAT?!” Heechul yelled into the phone and that made me cringed.

“Chill, dude!”

“Sorry baby, you took me by surprise,” Heechul said, “Hey baby so it’s tomorrow? God, I feel so unprepared. Haven’t been training recently, shoots. When I walked past the mirror, I thought I almost fainted from seeing my flabby tummy ottokkaeeeee~”

Upon hearing his whine, I bit my lips and stifled laugh, “Muscles turning into fats eh?”

“Yaaaaa!” He whined even louder this time, “And what makes it worse, you’re gonna see it all tomorrow night!”

What the hell?

I burst out laughing, “I’m afraid I’m not mentally prepared for it.”

“I know right,” Heechul sulked, “Thanks, I’m even more saddened right now.”

“Oh Heechul!” I laughed even harder, “Come on, I don’t just marry you for your abs right.”

“But still, I wanna give you the best first night ever.”

“Oh please Heechul?” I was practically laughing so hard that I collapsed onto the floor.

“Hey I’m being damn serious here, baby,” I could almost see Heechul’s pout over the phone.

“So am I, baby,” I laughed, “Seriously, you should get some sleep. I’m sure you want to look the best for me tomorrow, right?”

“Uh huh, but…”

“No buts, just go to sleep! Come on, be a good boy.”  I coaxed.

“Alright alright,” Heechul tried to hog the phone for a little longer but to no avail, “Nights.”

“Nights!” Relieved, I smiled, “Sweet dreams.”

“Yeah, gonna dream about you, baby,” Heechul said sheepishly and grinned, “Good night.”

Chuckling, I ended the call. I snuggled back into bed, smiling to myself.

\

Heechul was just nervous about everything. Being such a perfectionist, he made sure that everything has to be well-rehearsed to ensure that nothing goes wrong, even the vowing ceremony.

“Come on, let’s rehearse that,” Heechul urged. My eyes widened with surprise, “What?! How could we do that?!”

“Why not?”

“How could we?!” I stared in belief, “I mean, I can’t possibly say I do for two times right?”

“Yeah, chill Heechul! You’re too exaggerating. You can rehearse everything, except it. For that, it’s only that one time that counts,” Min Woo said.

“Really? Then we must at least ensure the priest is here. He must not be late.”

“Yeah he’s here, he’s here.”

When he appeared, Heechul literally went wide-eyed; he could not believe how hot the priest he looks.

And you know what, he’s No Min Woo.

“Oh , so I’m biual after all. I feel so by this hot dude here,” Heechul whispered to me.

“YAHHHH JUNG HEECHUL!!!” Disbelieved, I pinched him by his ears and shouted, “Are you doing right now?!”

“AAAHHHH! Wait wait relax baby, I’m not doing anything!”

“Like real, you’re ogling at the priest!”

Shocked, No Min Woo stared at us. In a fluster, he kept doing ‘god bless me’ in order to calm himself down from the shock.

“Relax relax baby,” Heechul squirmed out of my grab and tried to calm me down, “You’re still the hottest alright? To me, you’re the most beautiful woman on earth.”

“Chhhhh.”

Despite the nonchalance, I was thrilled inside. I was trying very hard not to grin like an idiot.

“Min Woo sshi,” I was about to say something and then I regretted it almost immediately. Both Ha Min Woo and No Min Woo responded, “Hmm?”

“Umm,” I gave an awkward smile, “No Min Woo sshi…”

(Ha) Min Woo smiled, “Okay.”

Then I turned to (No) Min Woo and said, “Min Woo sshi, thanks for agreeing to be my witness. Really, thank you so much.”

“No problem,” (No) Min Woo said gentlemanly, “My pleasure.”

“Honestly,” I smiled, “If not for you, we could not have been here today, holding this marriage.”

(No) Min Woo chuckled, “You’re flattering me.”

“No I’m not. It’s quite the truth,” I said, “Thank you so much, really.”

I bet it sounded exaggerating, but it’s really quite the truth. If not for him, Jung Heechul wouldn’t have gotten so pissed and jealous, and then kissed me, and then confessed to me;

And then married me.

I probably will have to wait another thousand years for him to turn straight.

Upon this thought, I gave a small laugh.

\

And before I knew it, the moment of my life came.

(No) Min Woo said, "Do you, Jung Heechul take Lee Soo Young to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only onto her?"

"I do,” Jung Heechul said before turning around and gave me a handsome smile. He took my hand and promised solemnly, I, Jung Heechul, hereby take thee, Lee Soo Young , to be my wife to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you.."

I saw sincerity, and genuine love in his eyes; Smiling, I blinked quickly to fight back tears that were already coming on.

Then (No) Min Woo turned to me, “Do you, Lee Soo Young take Jung Heechul to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only onto him?"

I felt my throat tightening harder this time. With tears in my eyes, I smiled as I nodded, “I do.”

“Now, for the exchanging of rings.”

Gently, Heechul slid on the ring for me.

Smiling, he said, “"With this ring, I thee wed; all my love, I do thee give."

I did the same, and finally I could no longer hold back my tears;

Tears of joy slid down my cheeks.

“Silly girl,” Heechul smiled –with tears glistening in his eyes too- and pulled me into his embrace, “Don’t cry anymore. I’m going crazy because you look even more beautiful when you cry.”

“Yah Jung Heechul,” I wanted to hit him on his chest for his ‘sweet talk’ but in the end I didn’t because he closed in to kiss me.

I smiled as he gently kissed my lips, and even all my tears away.

When we finally broke our kiss, (No) Min Woo smiled and said, “Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up. Again, if two lie together, they are warm; but how can one be warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him. Hereby, I declare Jung Heechul and Lee Soo Young to be husband and wife. May your marriage be happy and blessed. God bless you. Amen.”

“YAHOOO~” Kwanghee jumped up from his seat and he shouted, “Congratulations!”

The eight of them came over to congratulate us, even Dong Jun. We received all the blessings with gratitude. It was such a heartwarming scene, till Heechul broke it.

Without a warning he picked me up in a princess-style and ran out of the church crazily, “To my dearest wife, we can finally have our first night together~”

Shocked, embarrassed slightly, I squealed and hit him on his chest as he continued running with all the other eight guys cheering behind us.

“YAH JUNG HEECHULLLLLLL~”

\

E P I L O G U E

Our first night.

I collapsed on the floor laughing when I saw his cute pink boxers with polka dots;

He pouted and pounced onto me, then much passion in between;

And I pushed him off the bed when he said that he wanted 10 boys and 10 girls.

 \

It has been five years.

Even now when I’m reading my diary, I’m smiling.

-I swear Jung Heechul is an idiot:D

Little did I know I have said my thoughts out loud.

“What?” From nowhere, Heechul pops his face in – right into my face- and narrows his eyes at me, “What did you just say?”

“Whoa,” I jump a little, “You gave me a shock.”

“That’s cuz’ you’re talking bad about me,” Heechul pouts, “How could you, when our little darling is listening?”

He’s obviously talking about Eunmi, our little daughter, who is in my lap, fast asleep.

“She’s asleep,” I give a mischievous smile, “Yeah, I want her to know how idiotic her dad is.”

Dismayed, Heechul gives a look of disapproval –while rocking Chanmi in his arms- and said, “Since when am I idiotic?”

“Always,” I chuckle, “If not why would you want me to give birth to ten boys and ten girls?”

“Kids are cute! Well you gave birth to five already anyway,” Heechul gives a victorious smile, “We’re on our my way to meeting our goal.”

“What?!”

In case you’re confused, yupp, we have six kids. Chanmi and Eunmi are twin sisters. Before them are SeungJo, Seungho, Seunghee and Joomi.

“Come on, darling, can’t we have one more?” Heechul begs like a kid.

“That’s what you say every time,” I said, “And EVERY time, we will have two.”

Speaking of this, you know I almost faint from the ‘surprise’ or rather shock I get every time I visit a gynaecologist.

I think we’re just damn good at giving birth to twins.

SeungJo and Seungho, then Seunghee and Joomi, and then Chanmi and Eunmi, oh my god.

“Darling~” Heechul starts pouting.

“Go away, won’t work anymore,” I turn away, but actually I’m pretty dying from his cuteness.

“Says who,” Heechul appears right in front of me again and grins, “See? You’re smiling.”

“Yah Jung Heechul!!!”

Before I have a chance to push him away, he shuts me up with his lips.

While we are kissing pretty passionately, Eunmi and Chanmi stirr in their sleep and wake up. They rub their eyes and stare at us, “Daddy, Mummy, what are you doing?”

-Holy .

We pull away from each other quickly and blush.

“Oh, is that kissing?” They ask in union again, with wide innocent eyes. Gosh, my darlings are just too adorable.

Heechul chuckles slightly, “Not the right time to tell you yet, darlings. Tell you more next time, alright. Now, get going to your bedroom to sleep or play with your Oppas alright?”

Gently, he shushs them out of our room.

“What are you doing? I’m going to teach Eunmi and Chanmi English later,” I stare.

“I…”

Heechul gives me a mischievous grin as he s his shirt, “Guess? Hint: We’re on our way to meet our seventh darling.”

“What the f-”

“Here I come!”

Heechul tries to pounce on me and I skilfully dodge it. Then we start running around in circles. As usual, at times like this, I will just have to scream my head off.

“YAH JUNG HEECHULLLLL!!!”

\

THE END