Passion

Something Wrong

IT’S ABOUT A PASSION

#IAMUNITED

Rooftop was Kyungsoo secret place. Not really secret actually, but because the weather still cold, and who the hell would come on to rooftop at almost midnight. Kyungsoo was. She still uncomfortable with Jongin bright existence, which made Kyungsoo wanted poke that handsome face and kick that perfect legs.

Kyungsoo opened her eyes, she leaned on to the bench like many days before. She straightened up suddenly, looking around her once more. A funny prickling on the back of his neck had made Kyungsoo feel she was being watched, but the rooftop appeared to be desert, and no lights shone from any side of that place.

Kyungsoo chuckled, if the ghost was real, she or he would be her best friend in this crazy world. She leaned back again, but almost immediately stood up once more. She felt someone there. She had sensed rather saw it, it was not that she had sixth sense or what, someone or something was standing in front of the door. Kyungsoo squinted, squatted behind the bench. If only it would move, then she’d know whether it was just a caretaker or really a ghost or maybe batman patrol.

But suddenly Kyungsoo saw, quiet distinctly, the hulking outline of someone or something, and have four eyes glowing in the dark scene.

Okay that was an alien, what should I do? What should I do? It will kidnap me to its EXO planet, Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo stepped backward. Her legs hit  a pot or something then she tripped. And the pot or what was breaking noisily.

Oh no, that alien man had heard me and know where I am. So bad. Bad. Kyungsoo trembling.

“Who are you?”

Really bad, that alien can spoke earth language. Kyungsoo didn’t dare answer it.

“Kyungsoo?”

Noooo, the alien can read mind, he knew who I am! I’ll die. Die. Die.

Wait, I know that voice, maybe…

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo said as she stood up.

“What are you doing there?” Jongin chuckled.

“I should ask the same thing to you,” Kyungsoo dared.

“I asked first,” Jongin didn’t want to lost easily.

“Fell over,” said Kyungsoo.

Jongin giggling like a sassy girl, manly Jongin giggling?

“I didn’t do it on purpose,” said Kyungsoo, annoyed.

“But what are you doing before fell?”

“Sleep. Nothing. And what are you doing?”

“Playing around.”

“In the dark and alone?”

Kyungsoo couldn’t imagine manly Jongin played with his toys in the dark. Maybe not toys, but something illegal.

“Of course not,” then Jongin switch on the light which was hang on beside the door. Many floor lamps lighted on. Something which Kyungsoo broke was floor lamp.

Stupid me, Kyungsoo curse herself for being stupid all the night.

She suddenly remembered the extra eyes of Jongin shadow just before she saw something brown in embracing Jongin caterpillar jacket. With a yell Kyungsoo pointed that brown thing.

“DOG!”

“What?”

“That is a DOG!”

“Are you afraid with a dog? Sorry…”

“No, I mean, MONGGU IS A DOG.”

“Oh, you already know my dog name is.”

“And I have a CAT IN OUR ROOM!”

Okay, Kyungsoo wanted to jumping her self from that six floor building, never said intimate word ‘our’ again to Jongin, Jongin was not Kyungsoo’s friend.

“Oh yeah, I know, that’s why I put her in Sehun’s room,” Jongin said.

Kyungsoo felt guilt, it belong their room, not Kyungsoo’s room, and Jongin came first, if he wanted claim that the pet that must stay was Jongin’s pet. But Jongin kept silent, and let Kyungsoo’s pet stayed there.

“Sorry, Jongin. I don’t mean i…”

“No worries, that’s not a big deal. Sehun and Tao don’t have any pet though.”

“I’m so sor…”

Kyungsoo buckled as the Monggu dog landed on her shirt.

“MONGGU, NO!” cried Jongin, but Monggu ignored him and continuing Kyungsoo face happily.

“Seem she like me,” Kyungsoo smiled while petting Monggu ear.

Jongin hardly blushed, maybe because the freezing wind or embarrassing, Kyungsoo thought.

“Sorry, usually she doesn’t want play with anyone except me, even my sister, I must brought her here because no one can’t handle him. But with you… yeah. I’m glad,” Jongin said while he sat beside Kyungsoo.

“She’s gorgeous,” said Kyungsoo, glowing. Like the other girl, she loved fluffy thing, the thing that made she wasn’t normal just football.

The dog was a poodle, medium poodle. The poodle coat was apricot, not brown like Kyungsoo thought first. How can you see color in the dark? The coat was so thick, curly, and fluffy. Her face so pretty but still cute. Monggu was still staring unblinkingly at Kyungsoo, wagging her tail. So cute.

“Do you have a staring contest or what?” suddenly Jongin said and laughing.

Kyungsoo without realized also stared back to Monggu. Feeling embarrassed she broke the eye contact. After a while Jongin broke the silent again.

“Are you really this quiet?” Jongin frowned.

“Hm? … Not really,” said Kyungsoo softly.

“I just never saw you talking to the others,” said Jongin.

“Talk about what?”

“Everything, like the buddies do.”

Kyungsoo hoped Jongin didn’t think that she had a mental disorder in her lonely life. She chose her words carefully before answer it.

“Don’t have any friend, they were too busy bully me than talk to me,” Kyungsoo said dreamily.

“They are not,” said Jongin hurriedly, like poke an annoying flies.

“Why were you covering up those badass crime.”

“They’re just teasing you. Do you want to know their reason?” Jongin ask, and chuckled.

Teasing a stranger was a crime in Kyungsoo’s dictionary. Yes, Kyungsoo was a stranger, not their friends.

“Errr… No,” Kyungsoo shrugged, for what, she can live happily without them. And the important thing, if she too close to them, her secret was not safe. Her biggest secret for being a boy.

Jongin sighed heavily, “Why you like this Kyungsoo-yaa.”

“Like what?”

“You’re too flat, no passion…”

“Just action, I save my passion just for football and my first match which still haven’t came. Yet,” suddenly Kyungsoo said with angry tone.

It was already two weeks since Kyungsoo entering the academy, at the opening Carrington League last Wednesday, she still heating the bench. Again. Still didn’t know why Yifan didn’t choose her. No height factor, she was sure, because that Suho boy as short as her.

“Yifan didn’t know how great you did in class, he just knew you’re too quiet and too short, sorry, and the important thing absolutely, no passion. You must talk to him later,” Jongin said his opinion.

“Should I?” Kyungsoo said blankly.

“Trust me,” Jongin said.

“How?”

Face palm Jongin, “Look, just between you and me, tomorrow my ankle is not really well and need a rest, then I will recommend you become second striker beside Luhan. Sound good eh?”

“Worst. Don’t pity me, Jongin.”

“What the hell do you want really,” Jongin ruffled his hair frustrating.

“I’ll talk to Yifan.”

“Really?”

“By my self.”

“Promise?”

Face palm Kyungsoo, then she saw Jongin raised his fist.

“What? I can do jujitsu, for your information, don’t dare to…”

“Brofist dude! Oh God, Kyungsoo, where planet are you come from.”

Kyungsoo shrugged but agreed do brofist thing, she still tolerate this but if the fist become the chests or lips, no thanks. There was not a lips bump actually, but the chest bump was a popular celebration after the football player score a goal. And that was a big no-no for Kyungsoo. That was hurt although her already covered up with base layer killer. It’s already hurt wear this underwear except when she went bed with her oversized pajama, and she won’t permit it to do bump. Never. Case closed. Kyungsoo planned to running around the field like a crazy one than did physical contact with gorillas when the time she scoring a goal comes, someday.

Jongin’s throwing a frisbee which made Monggu jumping like a real dog. Who said she was not a dog.

 

 

It’s already midnight, when Kyungsoo yawned. Then, Kyungsoo and Jongin walked back to their room. Sehun and Tao shared room was beside Kyungsoo and Jongin’s, but when Jongin knocked it, there was no answer. Looking how pathetic Jongin was, Kyungsoo tell him to bring the dog in their room instead.

“What are they doing?” Jongin whispered quietly, eyeing the two animals which just stare each other. Do nothing. Silently. Kyungsoo felt Jongin’s hot breath against her ear. Felt so good.

Kyungsoo and Jongin sat between that animals, tried not make any move and sound.

“Observing how strong their enemy maybe?” Kyungsoo whispered back.

“But your cat is so small, how can he not afraid with Monggu, she is a dog for a God's sake!”

“And why Monggu not barking him? Is she a normal dog?”

“Your cat is weird, too!”

Watching a dumb thing of silent war between their pets which still like that after a few minutes later. Then they decided to leave those animals, and went to sleep.

That night, the pets made Kyungsoo and Jongin close, who knew Kyungsoo wanted open her self to a boy again. Frisbee? Kidding.

 

 

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up first. It was Wednesday. The D-day. But she just saw that Chicharito slept on Monggu stomach. Kyungsoo blinked many times. But the view still was telling that Chicharito sleep on there. That was so adorable, she ever watched monkey mommy feeding baby tiger in youtube and some weird animal behavior, but she never see with her own eyes such a thing. Kyungsoo’s hanging disbelieved, but then she took a shower for her dreamy sake. Pretty sure she was not dreaming, but Chicha was a cat, and Monggu was a dog, cat and dog were eternal enemies, weren’t they?

Feeling fresh, Kyungsoo found a spectator beside the basket where the pets sleep, Jongin made an amazed face with many stars on his eyes, watching Monggu-Chicha showtime. Kyungsoo just sighed and told Jongin that she would go first. Completed the mission possible toward Yifan.

Ignoring the annoying whisper at the refectory like always, Kyungsoo brought her tray beside Yifan who was already eating.

“Hello, Yifan-hyung,” Kyungsoo tried an opening part.

“What up doe?” said Yifan while munching soy meat.

“Can I request something?” Kyungsoo looked uneasy.

Kris raised his eyebrow, likes say ‘Just spit up, I’m hearing’.

“It’s already third match our team had played,” said Kyungsoo with both of her hands secreted cold sweat. She tried to hold her chopstick so hard for trembling.

“So?” said Kris while gulping his soy milk.

“I think it’s my turn to play.”

“Finally. And why you just ask me now?”

“Uh?”

“What make you take a long time for this?”

“Uh?” Kyungsoo felt so uneasy, for what, Kyungsoo thought.

“Well, I’d wait you ask me for ages, did you know. Waiting you begged me to put you in the starting line up,” Kris took the tofu and munching happily. “I’m so glad that times come now, yes, it’s so embarrassing, but, look how great this team with Jongin as striker, and Luhan is the best striker I ever know in this academy before Jongin came. I just didn’t knew what the best position for you. Looked that you are short, maybe you are a striker, but then, we already have two striker who were daebak. Then I looked you again, you are so small, cute, innocent, I can’t put you as midfielder, or winger, or the worst place in the back. No no no no, what if they make you fall and injured, you looked so tiny and the wind can knock you down. Blame me for being protective father. So, just give me a reason why I must put you in.”

What the hell this hyung said, Kyungsoo thought, the father thing was not real, was it? But then she answered with more confident and put a passion in her tone, like Jongin said, Yifan loved passion. Football need passion.

“We are family, hyung. I am a part of this family. How can you know how great I play if you never let me play. How can you protect me if you didn’t let me protect my self. Because we are one big family, whatever the score,” Kyungsoo said sweet nothings. If needed, she could do seducing act.

But Kyungsoo could tell that Yifan just looked so proud of his son, long lost son. Not cool and scary image like always.

“I know, I know,” Yifan patted Kyungsoo head, then started to eating chocolate soy pudding. “I just love you, maybe it’s time for my son to step out of your cage into a wild world. Welcome to the club, son. This is your day,” Yifan said, “And since now, you must sit beside me. Arraseo?”

What really happened? Kyungsoo thought. And why he ate all soy meals.

 


 

Hope you waiting match between Crystal Palace and MUFC like me, kidding. Hope you enjoying this chapter. Tell me if I made some mistake. Thank you for read, commented, subscribed, upvoted. Thank you so much. Sorry for typos and grammatical errors. *deep bow* Have a nice weekend \o/

Really Nice Weekend with y Kyungsoo *me die*