Community

Something Wrong

IT'S ABOUT COMMUNITY

#IAMUNITED

Kyungsoo didn’t know why but when she took her breakfast that morning, before the last match of the cup, the atmosphere in refectory made her uneasy. She passed a group of boys next to the line. And they were whispering, that she caught a few words of what they were saying. “Shorty.” And “Doe eyes.” And the worst words were. “Pretty face.”

Kyungsoo stopped dead. Fear flooded her. That was not her, was that? Was if it really her? Or who they talking about? She looked back at the whisperers as if she wanted to say something to them, but thought better nothing. Maybe yes, she was included the shortest group there. Maybe yes, her eyes not normal for east asian type. And of course she will seemed pretty in a colony of gorillas. But she tried so hard to became as fierce as them.

The most fear that the whispers were not only from the other tables, some boys around Team A table also eyeing her. Like she was a fresh meat.

Maybe she just over thinking. She ignored all of them and started to eat her heavy meal full of sugar, alone. Because Chanyeol already sat between the noisy twins look alike, Jongdae and Baekhyun. And the empty seat she saw, and it didn’t improve her mood, was beside Kim Jongin and beside the president. So, the corner table, far from anyone, was her best choice.

Well, Kyungsoo felt that it’s not only the bunches boy that had been acting oddly, in the corner of her eyes, she could see that Jongin kept glance several times. After said ‘cute’ thing and suddenly locked him self in the bathroom this early morning, leaving sleepy Kyungsoo and her boy, sorry, her clingy kitten. That morning Kyungsoo really awake when smelling Chicha poop, but she just sat frozen on the floor. Did she say noona? Did he hear her when she said noona? But Jongin seemed not to concerned or showed sign of he heard anything after out of the bathroom. But he didn’t say anything, too.

Kyungsoo had finished her meal and together with her noisy team, she went to the field. Rivalry between Team A and Team D with both sides looking to win from the glory the last results. Team D won 5-2 against C’s, so they got eight points now stood the second place on the board behind A’s. So, like a big match, whoever the winner will be got the signing books and marked their named on the Carrington Cup history. Clashed between them had been pivotal.

Kim Jongin would be hoping to start with a bang again. And Kyungsoo, still sat on the bench, gave fake smile to the other members. Worth pointing out that night, Kyungsoo saw Ryeowook sat on the staff seat waving his hand happily to Kyungsoo, cheered her up. She smiled and waved back. Only that which made her sincere smile arose before, during, and after the match. Because her debut never came. The final whistle liked shoot gun which shoot straight to her heart. She couldn’t say anything, she just walking back to her shared room, locking her self in the bathroom, and crying. Crying so bad. Without sound. Called her selfish, she didn’t care. What the warm up match mean if she never warming up.

Kyungsoo skipped her meal again, no lunch okay, she prefer to ate Chicha snack than showing her puffy eyes. Calm her self with sang a song for Chicha.

Chicha, are white and black,

Chicha, are moderate size,

He jump, like jumping-jack,

And has, moonlit eyes. (MAMA opening tone, that careless, careless,…)

She’s rolling on the floor with Chicha, the only friend she had.

But, she couldn’t hide forever, when it came dinner. Lucky her, Jongin didn’t came back to his shared room. Kyungsoo dragged her self to the main room, without eye bug. She put some make up to covering it. She ate her dinner, alone again. Like she cared. Then she walking around the MUFC University complex. And ended up in the hospital wing. Not because she got injured, she just invited her self in Ryeowook room.

“Aaaaah… my little squishy boy… Come here. Come here.”

Kyungsoo got a tight hug from the aunt look like, who named Ryeowook. His smell like home. Kyungsoo almost burst into crying.

“So….”

“What?”

“You look like want to jump from the cliff. Your face… Something wrong?”

“Nothing happened.”

“But, why are you here, not playing with those child.”

“Look like oppa not wanted me here. Alright, bye then…”

“No. No. No. No… easy boy. And. This. Is. Hyung,” Ryeowook pointed his chest, “Hyung, not oppa, okay. I think you must get yourself a tattoo for always remembered this important and very dangerous thing.”

No answer.

“Aish, why are you like this? I miss my old cousiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, where is she……….”

No reaction.

“Ah okay. Let’s talk about something else. You know, uncle just gave me shock, when he brought all your applications two months ago. I thought he just joking, but his eyes went bigger and bigger and I was so afraid those would be explode, then here we are, make you here is so daebak. You must happy, Soo.”

“Yes, I am happy.”

“Are you just ate a whole watermelon in the winter?”

“What? No!”

“Look, don’t put that fake happy Soo on my lovely cousin face. That’s so ugly!”

“Is my face really that bad?”

“Yesss!”

“How about this?” Kyungsoo tried to smile.

“Almost,” Ryeowook sighed, “Is it because you didn’t play?”

“…”

“Are you really want to play?”

“… Yeah. Why it must so hard, hyung?”

“Look, Kyungie. The only thing that comes without effort is just old age. So, you must try so hard for being success, keep your head up. Don’t give up! You have me, here. Go. Go. Go. Go run around the pitch until your mind clear. Woooshooooh. Shoooh.”

“Alright, alright, bye hyung,” Kyungsoo got up while crammed the sweat potato into , and gulped her almost cold tea, she walked back to her room, get the boots.

 

I am strong.

I am a boy.

Those boys are just a dust in a pollution air.

Kyungsoo muttered those lines in front of the mirror many times before going to ate all of the Mourinho blabbering. Filled her soul with more confidences, she walked to the field which already full in Sunday morning. And start to stretches.

Still she heard many whispers followed her, or just someone who staring when she passed them, but she pretend to be a cool boy, ignored all of them, and keep going, she was there just for study not got friends, though.

Didn’t know why, but Kyungsoo marked Kim Jongin as her biggest rival and biggest reason of the bad thing that happen with Kyungsoo. She believed that Jongin had spread a rumor about her, but she hoped that was not the ‘noona’ thing, or she would die. Always together in same classes and room didn’t help at all. Yes, maybe Jongin would be the best student there, but that was not make Kyungsoo gave up like the other students and gave him more attention than the normal way. She would fight against Jongin. Fight against all those boys.

Why Kyungsoo hate Jongin and friends so much? It started when she ate her lunch alone again, Jongin approached and sat beside her. And the annoying bunches also sat on the other side, and look at her intense from foot until top of her head, and coughing.

“Well, well, well. Look at you owl. Think you are popular enough so you can sit beside Jongin, huh?”

Kyungsoo kept ignored them and continued her almost finish meal.

“You must listening and give more attention for the one who talk to you, are you really got high school before? Seem like you must go to the elementary school again, shorty,” the annoying boy said as he took Kyungsoo’s chopsticks and throw them on the floor.

Kyungsoo was not angry, though, her meal almost done, and she stood up and started walk to the class.

But she still heard the other annoying boy who stood behind Jongin shout, “Don’t make friend with that weird pretty boy Kai, or he will turn you to be a gay. Hahahaha.”

“I think I can pick my friend by myself, thanks,” Jongin said.

That was not drama. And Kyungsoo won’t to cry just because that little kid. Jongin was not her prince charming too, she didn’t want anyhelp from the one which start the mess.

The other irritating one was, Kim Jongin always smirked at her when their eyes met accidently. She just wanted to tear that plump lips out of there or punch that face until the blood covering that y smirk. She hated it, but then she just smirked back with the most evil smirk she ever made. And she would smirk like that to the annoying bunches, to everyone, all the day. She really didn’t need friends.

Enough with friends and Jongin thing, believe or not, the free day schedule just come out at MUFC match day, U-League the championship between all university football teams in South Korea which start in March 28, and the Carrington League every Wednesday, the other days, they had fifteen hours full of football thing. That was the best daily schedule she ever had. She loved football, she loved sweats.

The daily activities were soccer session every morning and evening, and organized activities at afternoon.

They had to learn how to always get the ball in Dominate the 1v1 class with coach Eunhyuk.

They still had to be friend with many numbers and equations in Make It Count class with coach Kyuhyun, which they learned how to make a perfect volley kick with parabolic equation or something like that.

The class which only focused on book, Language class with coach Henry.

Coaching class with coach Leeteuk who was strict and clever.

Kyungsoo found out that she wasn’t miles behind everyone else, even she was the fastest runner and sprinter among them, but still she didn’t have friend. And she didn’t want. Chanyeol the one which she thought will be her best friend was in second year with other beagle line, Baekhyun and Jongdae. And don’t say about Kim Jongin. She never be friend with him. Ever.

 

 

After yoga session almost midnight on Tuesday, Kyungsoo was happy thinking about how soft her bed waiting the sleepy master. Humming a Liverpool FC anthem, You’re Never Walk Alone. She was alone all the day. And she was happy.

Kyungsoo passed the bunches who talk about something, she was sure that she was the topic, again.

“Look at him.”

“So skinny.”

“Too pretty.”

“His skin too fair.”

“Big eyes.”

Those were so funny, she just passed out, after calming her mind in yoga class, that’s not as bad as before.

“Narrow shoulder.”

“How much he paid for entering this academy…”

“Nepotism.”

“How can Jongin still stand in his room with that midget around.”

“Just .”

Someone had poked Kyungsoo in the back of her head until her face reached the hard floor. It was Ji Ho or Jin Ho, she didn’t really remember from Team D.

“Oh sorry, didn’t see you there. Shorty. Hahaha,” Ji Ho or Jin Ho said.

“Stop it, Zico! Are you alright?” Jongin helped Kyungsoo up.

“Ewwww Jongin. Let him just go home to his mommy. Hahaha. Fragile,” the other boy, Myungsoo or Kwangsoo, she didn’t remember too.

How can she remember, when she held her tears for falling down, she just released the Jongin grip on her arm, mumbled a thank you, then ran to her room.

“Hahahaha.”

“Look at that running penguin.”

“Fragile.”

Kyungsoo took a warm shower and crying in bathroom. Crying silently because she heard a door opened and closed, and foot steps outside.  Tears were still pouring down on her face. No. No. She must be strong. She dried her eyes.

After made sure there was no sound outside which mean Jongin already sleep, Kyungsoo walk out from bathroom. But, of course Jongin still awake, he sat on his bed. They looked at each other.

“Hi…” Jongin said awkwardly.

“…”

“Wha..?” Jongin looked at Kyungsoo intensely.

“…”

“Are you crying?”

“…”

Kyungsoo face felt burning because of a mix between angry, sad, and embarrassed. She didn’t say anything, and climb her own bed. After covering all her body with blanket, only her face which seemed for breath, she closed her eyes. Ignoring the Jongin boy who still eyeing her. She didn’t want a consolation from an enemy!

After a while, was not sure already dreamed or not, Kyungsoo heard husky whisper.

“I’m… really… sorry… Kyungie...”

Then Kyungsoo felt something smooth just touched her forehead. She didn’t want to, but a tear fell down on her cheek.

 


 

Hihihihi, I'm so sorry for late update. But thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, upvoting , and filled the poll \o/. Sorry for typos and grammatical errors. Have a nice day :) *deep bow*