Dreams

Something Wrong

IT'S ABOUT THE DREAMS

#IAMUNITED

Do Kyungsoon was proud to say that she was so perfect at football, thank you very much. She was the first person in her high school you’d expect to be involved in anything smell foot and ball because she just the captain of girls football club and she can play better than all of the boys in football.

As a captain, Kyungsoon had a perfect body. She was tall, 174 cm height. She was beautiful with almost fair skin, doe eyed, and plump lips. She had a hard face and deep voice who made her team mate respect of her existence and the opponent team afraid so bad.

Kyungsoon had everything she wanted, but she had a greatest fear that her dream can’t come true. She didn’t think that she could be a great football player because she was a girl. First year, second year, she pretended she was fine, she could find a solution. She just focused on her study and her team, wished those were the best things she could do.

When Kyungsoon woke up on the first day of her third year, there was nothing different like the other day. Kyungsoon hummed as she picked out her most boring uniform for school. Her father and brother gossiped about the football club in English Premier League as they ate the breakfast when Kyungsoon joined them. At seven Kyungsoon picked up her bag, said goodbye to her parents and got a light punch at her head, and she returned it by stepping her brother foot as hard as she could. Then she walked to school in peace.

Kyungsoon met her best friend, Seo Hye Jin, at the corner of the street. Hye Jin was her team mate at club.

“Today we start our self study program right. How tired we are, why we must going to college? Noooo... My happy high school is ing die today...” Hye Jin sighed heavily.

“You can just get married if you don’t want to get better work. No one push you to go to college. But, my lovely friend..." Kyungsoo said and smirk. "...are you really have a boyfriend? Hihihi,” Kyungsoon giggled then brust into long laugh.

“Don’t say that! You forced us to practice and when we had free time you dragged us to watch in soccer drill video, when we had a time to got a boyfriend! You are the worst captain! Just like Roy Keane!”

“Hahaha, sorry, I hope your future husband is Adnan Januzaj then, happy huh?”

“Of course. Yay. Okay then, you are the best captain if you can make him marry me. But Soo, which university do you want after this?”

Kyungsoo furrowed her eyebrows.

“Don’t know, you?”

“EWU or SNU if I can. Please God! Put me in SNU! Amen. You must thinking it, Kyung. We are already last year now. Fighting!” as Hye Jin ran to her class. They weren't classmate.

For a second, Kyungsoon didn’t think her last conversation so deep, then she realized that she just wanted to be a professional football player in the world as her future job. So, where university she must to got? No, she must focus at her class now. Kyungsoon gave her self a little shake and put the university thing out of her mind. As the home teacher came in she was hoping she got the best lesson that day.

But when she arrived at home that night, her high school thing driven out of her mind by something else. She couldn’t help noticing that there was not a proper football education for a girl in South Korea. What should she do? All of her friend, the girls, talk about medical or computer course for their goal. She just wanted entering a football school like MUFC University, but those was just for boy. She drummed her fingers on the chin and her eyes fell on the monitor screen. Looking for the education on MUFC University. That’s not fair! Distinguish! Discriminative! So racist! Why they don’t give an opportunity for a girl?

The next day Kyungsoon said to her dad that she wanted study about football at UK after graduated.

“Sorry honey, but no. You are our only daughter. I can’t let you go thousands miles away from here. Just study about medical and you can join Ryeowook as medical team at football. Still related with field right?” her mother said.

“But I just want to be a player not a doctor, Mom. Just let me be a boy so I can entering MUFC University then!” Kyungsoon shout helplessly and ran out from her house without said goodbye.

Kyungsoon never made any problem before, nor did something that upsetting her parents. It made her mother almost shock when her only daughter cried like that.

“You know I already think that we must give her an opportunity to do what she really want. MUFC University is the favorite one. Why we don’t sent her there?” Kyungsoon’s father said.

“Yes, we can got many gossips of Manchester United intern there. And that Kim Jongin will be there next year. This is a big opportunity, Dad, we no need to run around and be creepy paparazzi again. We can got many information right from the trustworthy sources not mediator or just a fake one,” Kyungsoon’s brother, Do Seung Soo said happily.

“But there just for a boy,” Kyungsoon’s mother said.

“That’s easy. We can handle that,” Kyungsoon’s father winked. Yeah yeah. What he plan about?

Kyungsoon family was running a football magazine, her father and her brother work there, and became a football commentator in weekend, meanwhile her mother be an announcer in a sport station. The man in that house really die hard fans of Manchester United Football Club and football generally. But there’s not a football player on the family tree history. Can Kyungsoon break the tradition?

 

 

It was a month before Kyungsoon took her college scholastic ability test when she got a white envelope from her parents.

“Why you just give me an angpau, how much money here? Or is it a new credit card? I just want get a great grade.”

Her parent just giggled and told her to just open it.

“What… (crack)… is… (shrug)… this… (read)… really… MUFC University application for 2014. MUFC… University… WHAT?!”

“You're must the happiest daughter in the world now, aren't you. Just go there. We solve most of the administration thing. Just bring your great csat and do your assessment test and aptitude test. And make us proud.”

"Yes, and don't forget to bring your big , too." Seung Soo said.

“Woaaaa… Thank you mom, thank you dad, thank youuuuuuu oppaaaaaaaaaa… I love you soooooo much,” Kyungsoon could’t stop her Niagara tears fell.

“Fighting!” Seung Soo cheered her up and throwing confetti around.


 

The best Kyungsoon’s birthday present came in a piece of paper, that said:

MUFC University

Dear Mr. Do,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at MUFC University. Please find enclose a list of all administration and equipment.

Term begins on March 1. We await your confirmation no later than January 31.

 

Your sincerely,

Prof. Lee Soo Man Ph.D

Rector

 

Kyungsoon realized was open and closed it quickly.

“Is… It… Real… ?” Kyungsoon agape.

“HEY!” Kyungsoon shouted. Seung Soo just pulled her nose so hard.

“It was just a dream! Wake up sleeping beauty! Your dream come true!” her father went along screaming.

“I knew it!” yelled Seung Soo, punching the air. “You always get your stuff easily!”

“They were so lucky to have you,” said her mother, who had positively faint with anxiety when Kyungsoon had entered the kitchen and was now holding a shaking hand over her eyes, “We are so proud of you, honey.”

Kyungsoon just hugged her mother and smiling happily.

Her mother was wiping her face on her apron, and Seung Soo was doing a kind of rain dance to a chant that went:

“Glory glory Man United!

Glory glory my dongsaeng!

Glory glory fat Kyungsoon!

As the Do go marching on on on!”  *MUFC Anthem*

“That’s enough! Settle down!” shout her father, though he was also smiling.

“Glory glory Man United! …”

Be quiet, you boy!” shout her father again.

“GLORY GLORY MY DONGSAENG! …”

“SHUT UP!” roared her mother while flying her frying pan straight on Seung Soo face.

 

 

Kyungsoon woke early the next morning. Although she could tell it was daylight, she kept her eyes shut tight.

“It was a dream,” she told herself firmly. “I dreamed a letter from person called Lee Soo Man came which tell me that I was going to a college for football. Pass all of the entrance test of MUFC University.”

There was suddenly a loud tapping noise.

And there’s my mom knocking on the door and say today they will sent me to the SNU, Kyungsoon thought, her heart sinking. But she still didn’t open her eyes. It had been such a good dream.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

“All right,” Kyungsoon mumbled, “I’m getting up.”

She sat up and Seung Soo face already in front of her.

“Wooooo…”

Her room was full of sunlight. Seung Soo himself still had his sleeping hair.

“Go away! You are stink!” Kyungsoon shouted.

“Aish, no fun. As MUFC University student must be kind to her lovely brother. Best be off, Kyung, lots to do today, gotta get up and buy all your stuff for your new live far far away. With your head up in the clouds, and you're far far away. With your feet down in the crowds...” Seung Soo sang Slade song while go out to his own room.

"Aish that oppa," Kyungsoo just muttered and rubbed her eyes. After took a shower and had breakfast, Kyungsoon saw her brother already playing with the car key.

“Ready to go now? Come on, then,” Seung Soo said.

“Won't you going to work?”

“Today I have a work to accompany my boss daughter.”

“Lazy.”

“Don’t say that to your brother, honey, sorry we can’t shopping together today. I have a live news at noon,” her mother said as she kiss Kyungsoon cheek.

Then Kyungsoon followed her brother to the car outside. The sky was quite clear. Like Kyungsoo mood.

“Want to get your football boots first?”

“Sure.”

Kyungsoon thought about her list while Seung Soo focus on the road. Her mother liked to left alone while drove, so she can focus in the road, nervous mother. Like mother like daughter. But it was just the noisy Seung Soo.

“You will live in dormitory for four years,” Seung Soo muttered.

“I hope I get my own room,” Kyungsoon said.

“I hope so, but if you have a room mate soon, just be careful. Lock the bathroom when you do anything there. Don’t took the share bathroom and toilet after and before exercise or match.”

Ne.”

“Before caught up make sure you already have attended letter to join FIFA official, get many signature of professional players, get many information about Kim Jongin secret and all football gossips, and have a perfect boyfriend, too. Arraseo?”

“Such a trouble oppa,” Kyungsoon sigh heavily.

“YAH!”

 

“Here we go.”

Kyungsoon and Seung Soo had reached the department store. Although that was Monday in the morning, there were so crowded. Kyungsoon who didn’t understand the situation just followed her brother. She was not shopaholic type, she just like brought foods or books.

People stared more than ever to the store which Kyungsoon and Seng Soo will entered it. And there was a line of almost hundred school boys and girls for the corner of the store reached to almost ten shops beside that one. What event going on?

“Bless my soul, that’s KIM PERFECT JONGIN, where’s my camera? Oh my, he is the model and commercials of Nike Tiempo! Such a forgetful grandpa, today is his fansign event!” Seung Soo shouted just like a fangirls in front of him, of course he already took a space in the line, and shooing Kyungsoon to got her shoes by her self. Really a trouble brother.

Kyungsoon had bought the boots and took up the seat in front of the store while waiting Seung Soo who still excited in the line. Five minutes, ten minutes, and when fifteen her phone buzzing.

From: Fatty Oppa

Soo, I must going to rest room, please replace me a while… Ne? I’ll give you a ticket to final world cup… Pwease…

Kyungsoon amazed, her parents didn’t allow her to went to Brazil, and she didn’t have many money to buy the expensive ticket. Okay her brother not terrible anymore.

To: Fatty Oppa

Plane ticket too, and deal…

 

From: Fatty Oppa

Deal! Come here!

Kyungsoon just so shocked with that easy deal, was her brother had robbed the bank or what.

 

“Name?”

“Do Seung Soo.”

“I think you are a girl?”

“That’s for my older brother.”

“Ah okay, so… to Do Seung Soo keep to be the great oppa for your pretty sister. Let the brotherly love continue. You’ll never walk alone. Just do it!  Kim Jongin.”

“So, can I take a picture of you Kim Jongin-ssi?” Kyungsoon said while Kyungsoon held Seung Soo's camera. Almost threw up all her breakfast for her girliness.

“Sure. Come here. Hyung, please take a photo of me and this girl,” Jongin talked to his manager.

“No, no, just a photo of you,” Kyungsoon said embarrassed, she hated take a photo. Before she could continue her short speech, she already dragged beside the Kim Jongin boy then saw a flash.

Blushing, she just stood frozen in front of the mister perfect, mumbled a thank you but still wanted punch her own face. Then two bodyguards dragged her out of the line.

“Who’s your name?” Jongin shouted before Kyungsoon walk out. But she didn’t answer it, for what he want to know my name, I’m not his fans, Kyungsoon thought.

“Kyungie!!!” after a thousand years Seung Soo called her.

“So Kyungie is her name. Shy girl. Next. Name?” Jongin said.

 


Thank you for reading this fics. Please subscribe if you like it and comment if you have any advice for next chapter or a critics is so pleased. Thank you. Sorry for bad Engrish, hehe, many typos and grammatical errors, too, forgive me. You can read my complete ChanSoo fic here:

Highway Don't Care

and my drawing:

Diary of Soo Devil

 

Thank you very much *deep bow* Bye and have a nice day :D

Kyungsoon ⇔ Kyungsoo