Chapter 3

Is it too late?

Jaejoong was walking around the aparment for 20 minuts now. He's been looking at his watch every minute so be sure they won't be too late. He took a shower and dresses two hours ago, but Tiffany, like she usually is, didn't move from the bathroom. 

"Tiffany, come on, we have to go!" Jaejoong yelled from the living room. He threw himself on the couch and started to play on his phone, hoping the time will fly fast and that's she'll be done already.
"I'm coming in a minute!" she yelled back. He rolled his eyes and focused on his phone again. "You said that an half an hour ago." he mumbled to himself. Whenever they go somewhere together, a party or just for a date, she always need forever to get ready and it's something that Jaejoong never can get use to.

"Okay, how do I look?" Tiffany asked, walking in front of Jaejoong who put his phone in his pocket, relieved that she's finally out of the bathroom. He glanced at her and was stunned by her appearance. She was wearing a beautiful baby pink one shoulder dress and her blondish hair was curly. Jaejoong was looking at her, observing from head to toe. 
"You're beautiful babe." he said and stood up in front of her to kiss her. 

"Thank you, you're handsome too. Let's go." she said and took her purse. 
"Finally, I you were in that bathroom a minute more I would go crazy." Jaejoong protested and Tiffany giggled. 

**

They arrived at the place where the party was at. They could hear loud music from the parking lot and colorful lights around. The place was owned by Jessica's friend Taeyeon, a big director of a fashion magasine which was pretty famous is Korea. For a girl like Jessica, with a big mount of money, the price was nothing. Jessica's family runs a big buisness of make-up products and Jessica herself lanced a few perfumes and make-up products.

The couple entered the place, holding hands. Tiffany was looking around to catch Jessica somwhere near. The blonde appeared behind them, surprising them. She looked beautiful with her new dress and her straight blonde hair. Ž
"Hi guys, I'm so glad to see you. You look gorgeous." Jessica smiled, feeling happy and excited. Tiffany and Jaejoong give each other a look in a sign to give Jessica her early birthday present.

"Jess, happy birthday." Tiffany said, giving her a big black back with a "Louboutin" sign on it, Jessica's favorite shoes.
She opened her eyes widely when she noticed the sign on the bag and started to squeal, like she always does when she's excited. 
"Oh my god, oh my god!!" she screamed, taking out the box to see beautiful white Louboutin shoes. Jaejoong and Tiffany were pleased by her reaction and amazed how excited she was.
"Thank you so much, oh my god!!" Jessica hugged them, jumping from excitement. "I'm going to wear them right now."
She took her black heels and put the new ones on. She put the othre ones away, admiring the white ones and again hugging the couple. 

"Okay, let's go, everyone are waiting for you." Jessica said, taking their hands and lead the through the crowd. On the 1t floor there were Jessica's and Tiffany's best friends, sitting and talking at big red couch and tables around, with waitresses serving them with all kinds of drinks. Tiffany spoted Taeyeon, Heechul, Junsu and the others but there was no sign of Siwon. Jaejoong greeted everyone and sat with the boys to talk to them, leaving the girls to themselves.

"Where is Siwon?" Tiffany asked Jessica, while waving to everyone. 
"He came, don't worry. He went to talk to Sooyoung." Jessica said calmly. Tiffany felt like something poked her in the heart. Sooyoung was a girl Siwon was pretty close while the two of them were dating and Tiffany alwas doubted that he was cheating on her with Sooyoung, but Siwon always denied it. 
She never had any special opinions about her and they didn't talk too much after her breakup with Siwon and Tiffany tried her best not to get annoy with her. 
The girls sat down and talked with Taeyeon and Sunny. After 10 minutes, Siwon appeared, caughting Tiffany's attention.
He gave her a little nod along with his charming smile, causing Tiffany to blush like crazy. He approached the guys and gave Jaejoong a death glare. Jaejoong tried his best to ignore him and he remembered what he promised to Tiffany-no fights.

The reason why the two of them aren't in a good relationship is something a few people know. Jaejoong, Siwon, Tiffany and Jessica are childhood friends and their families were good friends. Jaejoong's, Siwon's and Tiffany's fathers decided to start a buisness and they found a big company. It all went good, their were earning a lot of money and made a lot of contracts to clients in Japan, Taiwan, China and other countries. The kids were best friends and they went to school together. When the three of them started high school, the company got into problems with money and Jaejoong's father started to have big debts to some other compaines, causing a lot of trouble. Tiffany's and Siwon's father were very angry and they were constantly fighting with Jaejoong's father. At first it didn't affect to the friendship of the kids, but later it did, mostly to Siwon and Jaejoong and Tiffany tried her best to make everything right, to bring their friendship like it was before and she was between two fires, not knowing what to do and how to fix it all. 
Everything fell apart when their fathers company couldn't handle the debts and the whole buisness ended, causing a big fight between Siwon's and Jaejoong's father. Siwon was rasied in a hard working family and he was raised in a way that money and work are the most important things and that withou that, there isn't anything in life, but Jaejoong's family, who was poor at the beginning, was completly different and his father who wanted his family to be happy and safe in the future caused debts, not tentionally. 

The fight between the families shook the relationship between Tiffany and Jaejoong and they argued a lot and the argues continued until the day he confessed to her. As for Siwon, he was her first love and their break up was very painful for her and she needed a lot of time to recover but the love remained, deep inside of her, burried.

As for their families, they went to their own way after everything, each one of them continuing their buisness as individual. Jaejoong's dad managed to pay everything, Siwon's father found a new company and Tiffany's dad also and no one of them ever contaced each other again. They weren't too happy to hear what kind of a relationship their kids have. No one approved the relationships. 

Each one of them listened to different version, tried to support their families but feeling overcomed them and they choosed the heart, ignoring the past and tried to move on. But Siwon and Jaejoong never could because the fight between their fathers caused a lot of problem in their families. That was the reason why the two of them couldn't be in the same room and to make it all even worse, Jaejoong was dating Siwon's biggest love-Tiffany Hwang.

"Guys, I would like to make an announce." Jaejoong said, caughting the attention of his close friends. Jessica's face showed excitement because she knew what's about. 
Jaejoong reached his hand to Tiffany who grabbed it and stood next to him. He wrapped his hand around her waist and smiled to her.

"I would like you to meet the future Mrs Kim. Tiffany and I got enganged." Jaejoong proudly announced, causing and euphoria in the room. Tiffany's cheeks turned red and she leaned her head on Jaejoong's chest, hiding her embarassed, but happy face. She's going to start get use to that title.
Everyone approached them to congratulate them, wishing them all the best. Siwon waited for the rush to calm and he stood a side. He felt horrible, heavy feeling in his stomach and his heart was broken. Every single chance he had were now long gone. He was the one who caused the breakup but he could never get over her, no matter how hard he tried to act like he doesn't care, that he doesn't look at her like a woman he use to love, but as a best friend she was to him before. 
He was looking at her beautiful face and her specific eye smile. She was beautiful and most of all happy. Her eyes met his and his broken heart fluttered for a second, amazed by her look. 
He approached to the couple with a fake smile.

"Congratulations. I hope you will have a happy and long marriage. And Tiffany I hope he'll take a good care of you." he said with a heavy heart. He shook hands with Jaejoong who thanked him and he kissed Tiffany's hand, like he always did back then, when they were happy, just the two of them.