Chapter 17

Is it too late?

Past two month in Siwon's company were busy and filled with meetings and finally, everything was over when summer came. Siwon was satisfied how things worked out and he was ready to spent some time back home to rest. It was the second day of summer and New York was filled with new round of tourists who were amazed as they walked around the city, taking pictures. It was a hot, sunny Friday afternoon, Siwon's last day at work.

"Boss, you just need to sign this here." his secretary pointed. "And here." 

Siwon quickly signed the last paper today and sighed in relief. He leaned on his leather chair and put his hand behind his head, closing his eyes.

"When are you leaving?" the secretary asked with a little smile, holding the papers on her chest. 

"My flight is tomorrow morning. I need to do some shopping and then pack my stuff. Where are you going during the summer?" he asked opening his eyes, leaning with comfort of his chair.

"I'm going to visit my parents in Washington and then I'm going to L.A. with my sister and a few friends." she said with a smile. 

"That's great Stella. Well, I'll be leaving now." he got up and walked to the girl spreading his arms. Her expression was puzzled as she watched him getting closer to her. She indeed was in a good relationship with her boss but she never was so close to him, he never hugged her or something like that. Often he would say something sweet to her or wink at her which made her blush like crazy. It was no lie that she had a huge crush on him. Stella was a bit younger than him, a intelligent and pretty girl who got the job of the CEO's secretary just when Siwon arrived in New York.

"See you soon and don't do something crazy." he smiled after he hugged her. She smiled back and nodded, feeling how her cheeks are getting hotter and hotter. 

"Bye boss!" she said and waved, watching him leave the office. 

"Bye Stella." he winked waving back and then closed the door. She stood in the middle of a big office, trying to realise what just happened. It was a huge thing for her since she liked him. She knew it was wrong but who wouldn't have a crush on that handsome and charming guy. He was a fond of a lot of ladies in the company and there were often rumors spreading that he slept with some of them, but Stella didn't mind them. She was his closest worker, his personal secretary and every woman in the bulding wanting her place and she was proud of it. She soon left the office to take her stuff and to go home to pack.

Siwon was excited to finally go back home in Seoul and to relax and to see all his friends who he missed. He already told him about his return and they were too excited and waited for him. He wanted to surprise them and buy something from New York as a memory. He walked around the streets of New York, enjoying the nice weather. He first went to buy something nice for Heechul, Jessica and Tiffany, a little present from New York. 

Then after two hours he finally returned home and started with his packing. As he was putting his clothest in his suitcase she came to his mind and the moment when he will finally hug her, after so long. He was smiling like an idiot whil he was walking around, finding all the stuff he needs. He didn't care. The four of them had a deal that they would spent the whole day with him when he arrives and according to Heechul, they all planned the whole day and they were very excited. After he finally packed and ate, he decided to call Tiffany before he went to bed.

"Fany, Fany, Tiffany!" he said not giving her a chance to answer properly.

"Oppa! Yah, are you ready?" she said sounding ten times more cheerful than the last time they talked.

"Yes I am. My plane is leaving really early, in 7 so I'll go to bed soon. How are ou? You sound happy." 

"Well I am actually. I'm excited to see you and finally everything is really going well." she said. 

"Or really? Are things with Jaejoong doing well?" he asked with a heavy heart. 

"Yes, after our big fight, he apologised and he's been really sweet and he's making me happy." she said and he could tell that she was smiling. He couldn't wait to see that smile, and still secretly wished that he's the reason behind it, even though it's been almost two years. They talked a bit more about their plans when he arrives and other things they missed for the past couple of weeks.

"I can't wait to see you oppa." she whispered before hanging up.

"Me too Fany. I'll call you when I arrive." he smiled and ended the conversation. He was spinning his phone in his hand and had a smile on his face, probably looking like a fool, but he was so excited. He couldn't wait to hug her, to see all of them. He went to bed but couldn't sleep from all the excitement. He played so many funny moments he had with her in his head. After turning in bed, he finally layed and put his hand behind his head to rest on it and stared at the ceiling, thinking about so many things.

Memories that he kept deep inside returned. When they had their traditional midnight walks on the streets of Seoul every Friday, forgetting about all of their problems just for a while. Those walks were his favorite and their conversations that were always long and he never could get enough of them. Her smile and the way her eyes smiled too, her gestures as she was talking and how embarrassed she would get when she noticed him staring with a smile, listening to her. He laughed remebering how they ran when it started to rain and Tiffany had flip-flops and couldn't run properatly and Siwon carried her on his back making her scream and laugh at the same time. He remembered also their fights that always ended with them both laughing when they realised how stupid the reason behind their fight was.

Why did he let her go? It was something he asked himself even now, after two years. He's been dating with some girls and with some they only had and it was like he was trying to find Tiffany in every girl. He kept breaking their heart, like he did to Tiffany because not one could fit the idea he had. They weren't Tiffany. 

Finally he fell asleep, with his minds already far away.

Tiffany was on the other hand, just finishing with her work. It was a hard day for her since it were the last days of the trial she was working on and by far, the luck was on her side. She decided to surprise Jaejoong at work and take him out for lunch since it's his break now. She greeted all of is co-workers as she was walking down the hallway and chatted with some for a while since she was really in a good mood. She passed by Junsu's empty desk thinking that he's probably in Jaejoong's office as usual. She knocked and opened the door seeing her husband rushly putting away a bunch of papers and Junsu next to him helping. They both looked at her with her dropped jaws and put the papers in a drawer.

"What's going on?" she asked curiously with a smirk.

"Oh nothing, really. Come in." Jaejoon said with a trembling voice, trying to move to the next subject. "What are you doing here?" 

"Is something wrong? Why did you put those papers away in such a rush Jaejoong?" she asked as she was walking to the desk.

"No Tiffany, it's nothing." Jaejoong assured her.

"Do you want something to drink?" Junsu asked trying to disctract her.

"No, I'm fine. Are you guys hiding something from me?" she put her hands on the desk, leaning on them.

"Yah Fany no! We were just surprised to see you and that's why we did it so quickly." he said, now sound a bit nervous and annoyed by her questions.

Junsu then left the room bowing, so he can leave the two of them alone. Jaejoong, who was standing on the other side of the table came to Tiffany and put his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

"How come you're here?" he asked, looking at her lips.

"I wanted to surprise you and take you out for lunch if you want?" she proposed as she ws playing with the collar of his white shirt.

"Sure! I'm pretty hungry." he says and kisses her. Smiled smiled and took his hand, leading him out of the office. He glanced once more at his desk, feeling relieved for putting those papers away.