chapter nine

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Nine

“Are you a mermaid?”

Claire froze with her eyes nearly out of her sockets. “W-What?!”

Kris shook his head and chuckled. “Never mind, sorry…That sounded kinda dumb. Never mind, it’s nothing. I just really wanna find that girl but it’s been too long, she probably forgot about me by now.” He sighed. “You really don’t forget your first love…do you?”

 

Meanwhile

Chanyeol gawked and stood up. He was on the balcony of the café; he set the cups down and dropped the towel he was holding. He squinted and leaned over the edge. “Is that…that girl Claire hangs out with…What is she doing?”

He watched closely as Eunmi looked both ways before jumping into the water. Chanyeol stumbled back. “Oh my god.” He gasped even harder when he saw a glimpse of her turquoise colored tail.

He ran towards the water and came flopping in. When he had reached ever Eunmi was supposed to be, he reached the surface and gasped for air. “Jesus, where did that girl go?” He panted before dunking his head back under water.

 

After a long hour, he stepped out of the water exhausted. “I need to tell Kris about this.” He whispered to himself in exhaustion before running to Kris’s house.

He busted in through the front door. “KRIS, OH MY…GOODNESS. YOU SHOULD’VE BEEN THERE, MAN, I’M TELLING YOU-“

“Hey didn’t uncle tell you to lay off the caffeine-“

“SHUT UP, I’M TALKING KRIS.”

“Sassy.”

“YOU KNOW THAT GIRL CLAIRE HANGS OUT WITH? I’M TELLING YOU MAN, SHE IS A MERMAID..I SWEAR. SHE IS A MERMAID, I JUST WITNESSED HER JUMP INTO THE WATER..I SAW THE BLUE TAIL, Y’ALL TRYIN’ TO TRICK ME. SHE’S A BLOODY MERMAID, I EVEN DOVE IN AND SHE WASN’T THERE. SHE SWAM AWAY…CHRIST, I’M SO EXHUATSED.”

Kris raised an eyebrow. “Dude, it’s like…two in the morning. Are you okay?”

Chanyeol put his hands on his knees as he bent down a little to calm down. He looked up and jumped at the sight of Claire. “O-Oh, you were here the whole time?”

Claire nodded slowly with her eyes still wide. Holy Eunmi, what the hell were you thinking? She mentally muttered under her breath.

Chanyeol walked over and squatted down in front of her. Poking her legs, he asked. “Hey, are these really real? Aren’t you a mermaid too? How come only you have that necklace?”

Kris pushed his best friend away. “Kid go home.” He stood up and leant Claire a hand. “Come here, I’ll walk you home.”

 

 

Eunmi swam around the ocean and took a few minutes to admire all the plants and animals around her. “It’s been a while.” She chuckled before beginning her six hour journey home.

When she finally reached her palace, her servants greeted her. “Princess! You’re home so quickly! Did Princess Claire find her pearl that fast?”

Eunmi rolled her eyes. “Oh please, as if. That idiot found the pearl alright, a human has it. And what’s even worse than that? She fell in love with him too.”

“Oh my, how stupid of that girl who’s next in line to be the queen of her kingdom.” Her mother’s voice appeared as the servants parted away for her to come through. “What are you here for?”

Eunmi bowed. “Mother, I’m here for my ring. The ring that prevents me from turning into my true form on human land, yesterday Joe told me that it was available.”

“Oh heavens! Honey what are you thinking? Why would you need that ring?”

“I just, I’m clumsy and I tend to get…water on me easily. I have two left feet on land.” Eunmi lied.

“Honey, I know it’s about a boy…you don’t have to lie. Just keep in mind that someday you will have to become queen, you can’t spend your whole life doting on a mare human.” The queen reminded her. “Your sister is going to be queen in a few weeks, you should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter