chapter three

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Three

Chanyeol handed me a t-shirt as I walked out of the shower. My towel was over my messy blonde hair and it was so cold in the house. “Who’s that girl you were with?”

He comes over often and sometimes even spends the night; we usually knock out after going on movie marathons.

I pulled my shirt over my head. “Her name is Claire.”

“Is she…the one?” He sat down and skimmed through the channels.

“I don’t think so…and frankly, I don’t think I care.” I said.

“Whoaaa what?” Chanyeol looked up at me. “What do you mean you don’t care?”

I sat down and grabbed a coca cola can. “She’s really pretty and talking to her makes my heart happy.” I said sheepishly. “She said she’d let me teach her how to surf.”

“What does she look like?”

“She’s around my height, five ten I think. She has long brown hair…a pretty smile and perfect proportions. And for once, someone thinks my clumsiness is cute.”

“Great. So you’re like…done with searching right? For the mermaid that saved you?” Chanyeol asked.

I shrugged. “I guess, I mean if I ever find her I guess I’ll just say thank you. There’s nothing we can really do, I have my eyes on Claire.”

 

A couple hours earlier

Joe watched from a distance with Eunmi. “Oh God…why.” He watched as Claire and Kris played tag on the beach.

“I know right? Who plays tag with two people?”

“Oh my God Claire.” Joe stood up when Claire stepped into the water.

“Can you chill? She’s wearing that ring.”

“But we never tried it…” Joe said, he started to panic.

“I’m pretty sure it works.”

 

“What are they doing now?” Joe asked as Claire and Kris disappeared under the water.

“Knowing Claire, she probably made him play rock paper scissors under water.” Eunmi shook her head. “Poor human, he’s gonna choke on water.”

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter