chapter eight

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Eight

"My man Chen Chen!" Chanyeol called Jongdae by his nickname as he sat down. 

Jongdae wrinkled his nose. "How'd you get in?"

"Man you always leave your door open, Kris too!" Chanyeol shook his head. "So how's that chick you're with, Eunmi right? Friends with Claire?" 

Jongdae put his magazine down and turned the TV off. "How'd you know? Creep."

"I was not- Okay well, I may have done some Facebook stalking but anyway...Your girl's a mermaid." Chanyeol said as he leaned back into the sofa and opened a bag of chips. "She's a mermaid as in waist up human and waist down fish." 

Jongdae wrinkled his nose. "The ? Are you okay? I've seen Eunmi, we were on a date this afternoon...she's human." He said. 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Well, have you ever seen her in water? Thought so." 

Jongdae scoffed. "I don't understand, where are you getting this mermaid stuff from anyway? Have you been watching Disney again?" 

Chanyeol paused. "Shut up. Claire is a mermaid too, I'm certain of it. That girl Kris has been looking for his whole life? She's Claire!" 

Jongdae shook his head. "Man, you're just jealous that we have girlfriends." 

Chanyeol put his bag of chips down. "Listen to this... So the mermaid Kris is looking for has this necklace she wears. It's a pink clam looking thing and

there's supposed to be a pearl inside. There's only one that exists and it belongs to her mermaid. You can't buy it anywhere in the world and it's not

even available online anywhere. Kris has the pearl that's supposed to be inside so that means the mermaid is missing her pearl. It can't be just

a coincidence that Claire has the same exact necklace with the missing pearl and all."

Jongdae scratched his head. "Kris has only seen  that necklace once, and it's been years; how can he be so sure?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "He's positive. He knows every detail about her by heart like shes the back of his hand."

Jongdae scoffed. "If he does, then how come he can't tell if Claire is the mermaid or not."

"He's just in denial...Doesn't Eunmi wear a necklace? I'm sure she does...she's wearing one in her Facebook profile picture!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

Jongdae leaned all the way back and thought about it. "Eunmi? Well, she has this blue shell she wears around her-"

"EXACTLY." Chanyeol stood up. He put his hands on his head. "Ask her to open it! I can guarantee that there will be a pearl inside!" 

Jongdae sighed. "Dude, it's three in the morning...Are you sure about this? Are you even functioning right?"

Chanyeol stuck his hands in his pockets. "Man, just take her swimming. I swear, she'll turn into a mermaid. I promise you, she will try to stop you from taking her swimming." 

 

A couple days later 

"Eunmi, wanna go swimming?" Jongdae asked. He sipped on his cola while they sat a few feet from Chanyeol. 

 

Chanyeol who was joking around with the kids suddenly froze when he heard this. He had a few bottles of orange juice out and a few bottles of soda.

He even had a little plastic cup that said "TIPS" on it for fun. Knowing he couldn't give the younger ones a shot of tequila, he played bartender with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter