chapter ten

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Ten

“C-Claire?” Kris stared at her. “Claire Lee? My Claire Lee? Claire Bear? That Claire Lee?” He furrows his brows. “Y-You’re her? The mermaid…you saved me?”

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded. “Aigoo! Look how freaked out you are…of course it’s her! Don’t you remember? How could you not have noticed? Claire and that mermaid look exactly the same; it’s just a hair color difference. Sheesh, man get your together! Even I noticed and I’ve never seen her like this, I knew the clam shell necklaces were-“

“Park Chanyeol.” Claire looked at him with a death glare. “Shut up.” She whispered.

 

Kris shook his head and ran out. "Oh my god...no...no...it can't be...There's no way." He stammared. 

 

“Kris!” Claire looked over in frustration. “Dammit…I didn’t want him to find out this way…” She whimpered.

Claire turned to Chanyeol. “…UGH YOU LITTLE YOU’RE DEAD.”

She grabbed the ring and paused when she was about to put it back on. “Ah…what do I do now?” She whispered.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “It’s been a while since you two met, how come you just didn’t tell him? He’s been searching for you his whole life, and you’re all he talks about. How could you stay silent the whole time when you were her?” He asked.

Claire tugged on her hair. “Get out.” She whispered. “Get out of the pool, Chanyeol I’m sorry but I don’t want you here-“

“I’m sorry, okay? For doing this…but I had to see if I was right. He’s my best friend, he has no parents and the one and only thing he’s always wanted was to find the girl who saved him. It’s frustrating you know? Watching him fall in love with you while he’s looking for another girl, what’s even more frustrating was that I knew there was this tiny chance that you and her were the same person. Up until now, I’ve been debating on whether that was true or not…and…Claire you could’ve just told him.” Chanyeol said.

She smacked her hands against the pool water and splashed it everywhere. “Dammit! I would’ve if I could…Has it ever occurred to you that he would’ve known by now if I was allowed to tell him that?”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. “W-Wait…why wouldn’t you be able to tell him?”

“Legend has it that a mermaid would disappear if she told a human about her true form…” She said. “I’m not risking that.”

“You’ve already risked your life for him once, what’s the difference now? And besides, is that legend true? Has it ever happened?”

“No…because no mermaid was stupid enough to risk her life for a human…except me.” Claire leaned her back against the pool tiles. “I came here to get my pearl back…not fall in love with him.” She whispered.

 

Chanyeol climbed out of the pool. “I’m gonna talk to him, stay here…and put your ring back on in case Chen comes.” He remi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter