chapter seventeen

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Seventeen

“Eunmi…Eunmi!” Kris pounded his fist on her door. “Eunmi…please…be in there.”

Eunmi opened the door and wrinkled her nose. “You broke my best friend’s heart, what else do you want?”    

“Teach me the way…to the Antarctic.” Kris said. “Then to the Atlantic.”

“What?”

“I don’t belong here…I should be down there with Claire, I’m supposed to be the one that Claire marries, not Junmyeon.” Kris said. “Please…show me the way.”

“It’s a six hour swim from here to the Atlantic Kingdom; we’ll never make it in time.” Eunmi said. “Ugh, you moron…why’d you decide now? She’s being crown as Queen in two hours!”

Kris ran his fingers through his hair. “How many people need to reject the marriage in order for it to be terminated?”

“Three, and there has to be a good reason.” Eunmi said. “Listen, whatever your thinking…the Atlantic has waited eighteen years for a new couple, they won’t reject it.”

Kris shook his head. “We have to try…we have to go back. You’re a mermaid too aren’t you? Can't you cast some spell or something?”

Eunmi rolled her eyes. “I’m a princess not a witch!”

He groaned. “.” He cursed under his breath.

“Where’s Joe?”

“With Claire.” Kris said.

Eunmi groaned in frustration. “He’s the only guardian I know who can teleport!”

“How can we get him? He’s in the bottom of the ocean!”

“Hit me.” Eunmi said.

Kris gawked. “What?!”

“Hit me…shove me into a wall or something, Mr. I’m six feet tall.”

“I-I can’t do that! I don’t believe in hurting women. And you’re a princess and I’m a prince, how could I hit you?”

Eunmi gritted her teeth. “Listen kid, my best friend is about to marry some guy who’s shorter than her and the only way to get to her is Joe. Joe can only be summoned if a princess is hurt…SO SMACK ME OR SOMETHING.”

Kris put his hands up. “OH MY GOD I CAN’T…I CAN’T.”

Eunmi stomped around in frustration; she didn’t see where she was going. “OH GOODNESS YOU IDIOT, DO YOU WANT TO GET TO- GACK.”

Kris watched awkwardly as she fell down the stairs.

Eunmi sat up and curled up into a ball. “Joe…” She whispered.

Kris ran down the steps and helped her up. She had a bruise on her arm and her blue pearl necklace glowed.

“IT WORKED!” Kris screamed.

Eunmi smacked his back. “I GOT HURT BECAUSE OF YOU.”

“WHAT, YOU FELL BY YOURSELF.”

“SHUT UP.”

“OH HEY JOE.” Kris ran up to the lad excitedly. “I NEED YOUR HELP.”

Joe wrinkled his nose. “The princess who summoned me was…you?”

Eunmi pushed them apart. “Oh God no, it was me…I fell down the stairs. Now bring me to the Antarctic.” She snapped.

“Why?”

“We have a plan…kinda.” Kris smiled.

“Just teleport us there first!” Eunmi said impatiently.

 

Joe rolled his eyes and put his hands on their shoulders.

 

Kris opened his eyes a few moments later; he looked around and eyed the familiar palace. “Give me a few minutes.”

“We have literally an hour.” Eunmi said.

 

Kris stepped into the vici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter