chapter sixteen

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Sixteen

Chanyeol woke up the next morning and came storming into Kris’s room. “Kris, get up…this is killing me.” He muttered.

Kris rolled over and sat up, his room already felt unfamiliar to him even if he had been living here for years. “It’s five in the morning.” He mumbled.

“Look at you! You’re a mess! You’re sad.” Chanyeol said.

“I can’t do anything about it.”

Chanyeol sat down next to him. “What’s the point of being here if you aren’t happy?”

Kris looked at him for a moment before turning away. “Whatever.”

“You were so happy when you were with Claire…Remember when I would come over and you would completely blow me off?”

Chanyeol remembered the countless times he was the third wheel. Claire would be in Kris’s arms while he would sit in a corner, he felt happy for them though. Seeing Claire throw her head back laughing and Kris smiling at her was an adorable thing to witness.

“Remember the way you would look at her when she laughed? You said her laugh was the most beautiful thing about her, you said it made your heart warm when she laughed.” Chanyeol said.

Kris frowned.

“Remember what you said to me that one time?”

 

“What’s so great about Claire anyway?”

“She’s so awesome! I’ve never met a girl like her…she comes to all my competitions; she cheers me on and even walks home with me if I didn’t win. She laughs at all my jokes and…gosh she’s so funny too. She’s just so witty and smart. Claire loves the water too! Like me!”

“But we don’t even know if she’s the one…the mermaid.”  

“I don’t care right now. Claire’s Claire, I don’t even care if I don’t get to find that mermaid because by chance I was able to meet her…I’m considered lucky, dude!”

 

Kris laid on his back and put his hands behind his head. “Please don’t remind me about the girl I want but don’t have.”

Chanyeol slammed his fists on his bed. “You’re not getting this! I’m saying you could still be with her, you’re going to miss this place, I get it…but you’re going to meet other princes …you’re going to become a king of an ocean. Claire was able to come back on land time after time, why can’t you do that?”

“…I…We wouldn’t have time…if I was able to become king of the Atlantic, we wouldn’t have time. And besides, my family despises of the Atlantic sea, I don’t want to complicate things.”

“You’re making things complicated! Once you get the kingdom under control, you can come back…we’ll all be waiting for you. You’re not wanting this bad enough; you’re worrying about a family you’ve never spent time with. I’m sorry b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter