chapter one

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter One

 

I leaned back in my seat and waited for the bell to ring. The final bell that signaled the start of summer vacation. I wasn't that excited for the summer, I was just glad I didn't have to do work or write papers for the next hundred and five days.

"Okay, well, that's it folks! Have a great summer vacation and hopefully I'll have you all next term!" I heard my math teacher say before the bell rang. I grabbed my book bag and made a run for it.

I'm Kris by the way, Kris Wu, I live by the seaside and I love to surf. 

 

My best friend Chanyeol walks with me to the cafe my uncle owns. I work there after school and during the summer. "I wonder what your uncle's going to make you do this summer."

"Yeah, I'm kinda freaked out because I don't want to know. Come to think of it, I regret complaining about washing dishes in the air conditioned kitchen. He's probably gonna make me dj outside in the heat."

Chanyeol laughed at me. "Or worse."

"Hey! Don't jinx it!" I mumbled. 

We entered the cafe and looked around. My uncle was standing by the bar talking to a few girls. "Hey Kris!" He waved. 

I nodded and continued looking around. 

"Is she here?" Chanyeol asked.

I sighed and shook my head. 

"Maybe you should give up man. It's been so long..." Chanyeol says. "You're seventeen now, she saved you when you were five. It's been twelve years man, and still nothing. Do you even know her name?"

I shook my head then reached to pull my necklace out of my shirt. "She left me with this." I showed him the pale pink pearl that was in a sliver chain. 

He laughed. "The 's that?" 

I shrugged. "I've worn it around my neck since she saved me, makes me feel safe ya know?" 

Chanyeol patted my shoulder. "Promise me dude, that if you don't find her this summer, you gotta give up. At this point, you're going to be forever alone until you're like forty." 

I wrinkled my nose. "Whatever! Maybe faith will allow us to meet this summer."

He snapped his knees while he laughed. "My God, Kris Wu, you're a special one." He said before walking off to a table of girls.

 

I rolled my eyes. I'm gonna find her, I swear I will. I have to, she saved me. She's the only reason why I'm alive! 

Oh, uh, you guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about right? Well, um, if I tell you, you'll think I'm nuts! Like I'm high off of weed or something. 

 

Still wanna hear it? Find, but no giggles, okay? Deal. 

 

Here goes nothing...

When I was little, I still lived with my parents. I was born in Vancouver, Canada. My mom's Korean and my dad's Chinese, so I'm mixed. Guess you could say I'm a beautiful thing.

Haha anyway. I grew up speaking Korean, I know Chinese and English as well. I heard knowing more then one language makes you hot, so, uh, just needed to get that out there. 

When I turned five, my parents brought me on a cruise as a present. We c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter