Egg rolls

Sweet like her perfume

 

Its morning

I'm still alone in my apartment.. Although I'm used to being alone and enjoy me-time in privacy,   I actually feel rather sad but it won't be that long.

As I turned up the volume for Gzb

My phone alarmed.

The reminder text read

Papa Teddy...

I almost forgot...

His birthday is near , but I don't think that we'd celebrate it with him. His in a relationship, that wouldn't be fair if we took his time without consideration.. In fact he had always been with 2NE1 we would celebrate it another time. 

Papa Teddy I wished him greatness.. 

If I were to declare it upfront I loved him in my own way like a childish adoration. Oppa had always been quicksilvery, musical and sharply drawn that set him apart from the rest of us. 

Such a cool oppa

I need to buy him a gift this afternoon..

From outside my window a fimilliar sound, nearing my apartment. It's her, She drove her car to park on the same spot, infront of the brownstone near my car. 

--

Before she could open to speak I unlocked the door as it swung open.

 

Chaerin: "Unnie I thought we're going to meet at YG building "

 

Dara:"I told manager-oppa that I'll pick you up" She said leaning against the doorframe

 

She was wearing her old blackjack sneakers, blue ripped jeans and a white v neck t-shirt. Her brown hair is now resting down her shoulders. Simple and adorable

 

Chaerin:"come in"

 

Unnie paused before walking in, and smiled.

She must had something hidden from me

 

Dara:"Give me my morning kiss" She said in a cute expression pointing her left cheek.

 

How could I resist a treat? I kissed her cheek obediently, as she stood still like a cute ajumma 

 

Dara:"Here" she said ing a package "The're for you"

 

I opened the brown bag and pulled out a carton with a Chinese label.

 

Chaerin:"What on earth did unnie bring me this time?"

 

Dara: "Egg rolls"

 

I hugged her in happiness, Unnie knew that I've been craving for Egg rolls but haven't had the chance to eat it. 

 

Unnie picked up one of the golden brown treats and held it to my lips.. 

 

Dara:"Eat up" she murmured, lowering her gaze to feed me

 

I chewed it slowly, as though savoring the blended flavors and mixed textures. A tiny crumb of flaky crust to the corner of my mouth. But before she could say anything, I brushed it off my lower lip using my tongue.

 

Dara:"How was it?" She asked still staring at my lips

 

Chaerin:"Delicious"

 

It was really awkward if someone else saw me with my bare face, I would feel very uncomfortable. I don't usually leave without my eye make up. But if its unnie I don't mind letting her see me be. 

 

Dara:"There's more" she said offering the egg roll again

 

Chaerin:"What about you?"

 

Dara:"What do you mean?"

 

Chaerin:"Don't you want something? I can't finish them all by myself"

 

Dara:"That's very generous" She bit down exactly where I had, savouring the crisp crunchy center. The taste of her flavor, the touch of unexpected sweetness that lingers on my lips.. 

Why it had to be her lips?

 

Chaerin:"I.. have coffee" I said unable to keep my attraction from her.

 

As I came back with freshly brewed coffee, she stood from her seat and observed my aunt's gift a sculpture of black metal lines that rose towards the heavens in the representation of a bird breaking free of the earth.

 

Chaerin:"Here, I made a fresh pot before you arrived" 

 

Dara:"It's beautiful"

 

Chaerin"It arrived from France, a day ago. Dara-unnie and this bird are the same"

 

Dara: "Do I look like a bird?" Unnie said pouting in disappointment

 

That childish expression of hers made me smile

 

Chaerin:"Yes, a very cute bird" I told her while pinching her nose 

 

Unnie is a strong person, not physically but fundamentally. The sculpture is about breaking free of whatever that had her down. A recovery from a tragedy that once shadowed her eyes and caused her faith to tremble. I just wanted to keep her safe and surround her with strength.. to pull her close ...to kiss her..

 

What was wrong with me? Just being near her made me doubt preferences. 

 

She was looking into my eyes as I kept my thoughts to myself. 

 

Dara:"I thought we weren't going to do this anymore,"

 

Chaerin:"Do what?" Psychic Unnie is reappearing

 

Dara:"We don't seem to be able to escape it"